Thread: In a perfect world, where would you like to be able to dress?

In a perfect world, where would you like to be able to dress?

I dont think I could pass as a girl, so all my fun has to be secret. I'm not a big fan of wigs and makeup anyways. I just like wearing the clothes. I like feeling the fabric and feeling girly.

To those in similar situation of not being able to dress however we want whenever we want, where would you most like to dress?

For one, I would absolutely LOVE to play tennis in a cute little tennis dress.

Or even be able to paint my nails, put on a skirt and go to work. Wouldn't even need to go all the way. I just like sitting at a desk in a skirt (like I am now) and I also like seeing my fingers type when they are painted (like I am now).

Anyone else?

Smile Hmm...

[SIZE=2]Interesting question....

If we lived in a perfect world with no gender prejudice and or stigmas, and I worked in an office, I would love to come to work dressed in a tight pinstripe skirt, smart top, nude or black hose, and some nice Mary Janes or black pumps. It would make time at work seem to fly, then straight from the office to a night on the town perhaps? Unfortunately, with the work I do even the women wear the same uniform and steel toe shoes. If I tried to pick up a patient in a gurney wearing heels they'd need two med pic ups... one for me and one for the patient. *sigh* Even nurses don't wear those hot little nurse uniforms anymore.

Ah well, we can always dream...[/SIZE]

Thanks, I was thinking that to myself and I thought it would make a good question for here. I'm curios as to what the responses are going to be.

I'd love to wear a skirt to work (the outfit you described actually sounds pretty damn cool). It's also a bit better from a practical standpoint. My office is damn hot...I wouldn't be sweltering so much if I could wear a nice, light, flowing skirt instead of dress pants.

If only we did live in a perfect world with no gender prejudice and or stigmas
    ...sigh.

Post perfect world

I am not very passable either, so simply "Everywhere"
    Last edited by Chandra Marie; 06-30-2004 at 06:39 PM.
    [size=3] >^..^<[/size]

Chandra Marie

CDKathy

Thumbs up Good one Alex!

While I do own a wig, I don't really like to wear it. I don't own any makeup of any kind and I don't do my nails.

I do go out and about in womens' slacks and jeans but only if they are not too obvious. I also wear womens' tshirts in neutral colors.

What I would really like would be to just put on a nice comfortable, low key, skirt and go shopping at the mall or stop for an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.

Tristen Cox

dream a little dream

would love to go to the beach in a one piece, or to shop in a pretty top and short skirt. Now you've got me thinking.

Go For It

"I dont think I could pass as a girl, so all my fun has to be secret."

How will you know unless you try? Unless you're an NFL lineman, you might surprise yourself - after all, there are a lot of big girls out there!

I love to take my time getting my makeup and wig just so, slip on silky lingerie and stockings, and pick out the perfect dress to wear for an afternoon on the town. It's so much fun to wander through an art museum or a store, doing all of the little things that a woman does. What an escape from reality...

My favorite thing is to get all dolled up and go to a hotel restaurant, where a woman sitting alone is no big deal. I'll order a glass of wine and a salad, and read a woman's magazine while I smoke a cigarette. Heaven!

Sure, it's a lot of work and I'm scared to death every time, but believe me, it's worth it. Ask Windy

Aspiring Member
    Ah yes in a perfect or parelle world one could drss as they wanted with no fear or disrepect!. Maybe we can yet salvage this one or try to reach the other which i am most always working on anyway i do not really care much for this timeline anyway!.

I would have to say:
    Whenever I want!!!
    Whatever I want!!!
    Wherever I want!!!
    Being from a small town makes that task a very hard one, as it seems everbody knows everyone else.
    H & K
    Jenny K

Davina1489
    I agree with Jenny small towns are really hard to live in and dress would love to be able to just take a walk in my skirt and blouse set
    Davina

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy
    "I dont think I could pass as a girl, so all my fun has to be secret."

How will you know unless you try? Unless you're an NFL lineman, you might surprise yourself - after all, there are a lot of big girls out there!

No, i'm not an NFL lineman, but I am pretty big in the shoulders and arms as I play hockey and rugby semi-professionally. I once wore a stretchy spaghetti strap dress, the friend I sent the picture to said that it looked like a wrestler's outfit from the waist up.

Also, my girlfriend would flip out if I started shaving parts of me.

I know there are a lot of bigger women, not too many big hairy ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyblair
    I probably wouldnt have thought of it myself, but playing tennis in one of the little white minis sounds like alot of fun. You could be anna, ill be serina. For my money, two of the hottest female atheliets, or females in general for that matter. Better yet, find a way to LA and Ill rumage up some raquets. blair.
    Hmmm...not too sure why, but I am feeling like I need to be visiting LA soon...I wonder why that would be?

I already have a couple rackets.

Girlie Golf

"Being a cd who's come to grips with the fact that I'd never be able to pass in public and content with going to tg-friendly clubs, I never give this much thought at all. But when I saw this post and really thought about it, I'd like to play golf as Darcy. You'd think I'd say "going to the mall" or "going to work" but playing golf en-femme somehow seems coolest to me."

I wouldn't be too sure about that! From your picture, I'd say if you toned down your look a bit, you would be perfectly passable in the right outfit and setting. I've never played golf as a girl, because I'm not sure I'd pass in a tee shirt and shorts. To create the illusion of Windy, I rely on all sorts of little props, like a sweater than hugs my waist, a collar or scarf that hides my Adam's apple, a skirt that hits my legs at the right place to them look thinner, etc etc. By the way, genuine girls rely on tricks like this every day to make themselves more attractive.

Have you read the story about a pro golfer who disguises himself as a girl to play on the LPGA tour?

Like Jenny, in another thread, Darcy and Windcrissy I would love to dress for golf. My normal playing partners would swallow their tongues if I showed up in a skirt and s top complete with bra and forms for our round. I would also like to go to the beach in a very tight one piece suit or a . I don't think my wife would like the tan lines.

Debra

In a perfect world I'd like to just be able to walk down the high street, without worrying if I pass or not.

In a perfect world you should just be accepted for what you are, a man in a frock, or makeup. There should be no need to try and pass yourself off as something you are not.
    Maid Tina

Aspiring Member
    Hi Tina,

I don't actually try to pass. I do my make-up, and I have reduced the foundation now because I felt I looked a bit to 'plastic' with the amount I was using. I do my mascara and lipstick and thats pretty much it and I've been going out during the day like that - certainly not over-done. I'm happy with the way I look and feel that I look passable, if not convincing.

I have just driven home from seeing my kids, and I dressed en route (as usual). I did a bit of foundation on my top lip, chin & neck (it has been 13 hours since I shaved so I got quite a growth), lipstick and mascara, and it was good enough to get a nice smile & wave from a guy in the passenger seat of a van that was going round a roundabout, so I don't think I'm too far away from looking reasonable.