Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: walking in high heels..

learning heels....fun girly stuff!

I had heard about how hard it is to walk in heels. GG would tell me how hard it is and how they hated wearing them. So...when I purchased my first pair (4" ankle strap) about 2 years ago it was with much trepidation, as I slipped them on and stood up. What I found was that I was basically standing on the ball of my foot with supporting weight on the heel. I will never forget my first steps….toe first then relaxed to put weight on heel. It only took a few steps to learn that I could put a little weight on the heel first then step forward with the ball of my foot. Sounded great...only heels make that sound...and the wiggle of the hips comes natural!

I have found that different heels take more work, and it does not necessarily depend on the heel height. Sling back 3 inch heels are a problem for me, because there is little support of the heel of the foot. Pumps and especially pumps with straps are the easiest for me as they give the most support of the foot.

I got it pretty quickly.

I can outwalk most of my friends...

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Up to 4 inch heels was easy for me. It took a a few days to get used to five inch heels. I have one pair that really is six inches, and it's a bit difficult at times, but usually I'm fine as long as I don't make any sudden moves, as I did today when the lawn maintenance guys showed up unexpectedly. I don't know how much they saw; thought about it and I don't care all that much.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I'm not really sure about high heels up to 3.5 inches is natural though and quite comfortable

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I took to walking in them easily when I put on my first pair it was like I had been wearing them all my life. My first pair was 5 inch stilletos I didn't really see why the ladies fussed so much about them they were confortable and I could even play basketball in them as long as you don't go up or move too fast lol but then I wore them to a club and had to walk great distances with them up and down hills just to get to the club that was a pain you bet the next time I went i got myself a better parking place.

Skirting the Issue Jillian_Faith's Avatar
    [SIZE=3]Love heels. The ability to wear them came very east. Unfortunately I am 5’ 11’ and higher heels cause me to look down on most GMs so I have to settle for 2-3” heels but I love to wear them. [/SIZE]
    Exploring Life's Journey a Day at a Time ... That is in a Skirt and Heels....

Gold Member
    Even a big duffus like me was able to walk in then fairly easy, just start out walking on your toes and then it just becomes easy.

a little unsteady the first night in 5" heels but loved it so much. nothing to it now.

I took to walking in heels almost instantly it drives my wife crazy cause I can put on any pair of shoes and walk in them as naturally as I was born in them and she cant walk in more then a 2 inch heel.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Male crossdresser
    Never had a real problem with heels. More importantly is getting a pair that fits right and and comfortabe. Danielle

Sub CD
    No problem up to 4" or so. 5" stilletos are tough & tiring. The price we pay

Alysin

It depends on the type of heel and the height.

Surprizingly the only shoes I have any trouble with is a pair of 2" platform slides - my favorite - which I occasionally fall off. One day I am sure that I do damage to an ankle.

I don't recall any difficulty. It has been a while since I first tried them. I tend to walk differently when I'm in fem, with shorter steps, more slowly, more gracefully. That probably helps.
    Luv
    Robin

I started out in 4" spike heel pumps....it was if I had been walking in them for years....came pretty naturally. Actually, my GG friends comment that I walk and dance in 4" a LOT better than they do...
    Take Care...
    Last edited by Andrea Nicole; 12-04-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Walking in heels

Like most of you girls, walking in heels seams so naturel, I go out in 3" heels all the time, And ya'a.. you get so used to it, that walking flat footed seems wrong.
    Courtney

when i first tried heels they were a killer found them hard to walk in but i'm useto it know except for steps.

My wife laughed at me the first time I tried to walk in heels. I almost fell over. Just recently she commented about how natural I look now walking in heels. So I would have to say it took me a while to get use to it. But that is half the fun.

For me it came totally natural. Never twisted an ankle yet, knock on wood!!!
    "Basically, high heels enable you to change the laws of nature in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself or others."

I learned to walk in 3' spikes in the sand uphill and it was really easy. It was at my oceanfront property in Arizona. By the way, if anyone is interested, it's for sale. :callme:

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    It wasn't so easy the first one or two times, but after that, I got used to them. The hardest is when you wear stilletos... pumps are great, especially if the hold your ankles... that makes it much more easier. those without ankle straps tend to slip off so I avoid them.

Of course the higher, the sexier because they make your legs look longer.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Cheerleading For You. Amber_8281's Avatar

Talking

Heels were one of the harder thing that I have wore. Because I don't have very good balance at the time. But now it is easy. But heels and a cheerleading uniform don't look good together. Unless they are blue. or white. So they would match.

Cheerleading Is only fun when a friend is there to do it with you.

Felt pretty natural when I started, but back then, my heels didn't hit the back of my Mom's shoes! Years of practice, and I still love the sound of heels on a hard surface floor (and the way you have to move your body differently in heels...).

walking in heels

Hard to say, I only have two pair.
    One, I find easy to walk in, (around the house anyway).
    The other are too large, and fall off my feet. (should have tried them on first, but chickened out.)

;0)

3in clogs

what effect would a GG have seeing a man wearing high heeled clogs with jeans in drab???

Who among us doesn't simply ADORE heels?

I don't have trouble getting from place to place wearing heels (up to 3+ inches), but sometimes I feel alot like I'm just clomping around...not confiident yet that I have achieved that feminine grace I admire so much.

(as a side note..I have a pair of extreme 6" pumps in baby pink -that are strictly for the 'heels in the bedroom' committee- that I CAN BARELY EVEN STAND UP IN -but the debilitating element is kinda fun.....but thats a topic for another day; I digress...)

I have learned that pancake heeled shoes (which at 5' 11" I prolly should wear all the time) just feel like I'm falling over backward! I've recently bought a pair or two of 'kitten heels' (LOVE that name) that I've found to be very comfortable in that I don't feel like I'm falling over backward, and that don't make me look like I'm an escapee from the NBA, however, I sure miss the beautiful, sculped look of a traditional 2+" heeled shoe....alas.....

Also, to answer a recent posting about high heeled clogs while in drab....I've done it as part of a little afternoon thrill in trotting out to the mailbox, but I'd have to say that high-heeled clogs in general while in drab will be noticed. (I've snuck around in low-heeled, more traditional clogs during grocery store runs and the like and LOVE it, but high-heeled clogs?) I don't think I could do it while in drab, but thats not to say that the rest of you lovely ladies couldn't...

love and hugs!

Jacqui