Thread: Girls I need your advice.

Girls I need your advice.

I have set myself a target of getting enough confidence to go out dressed before the end of this year. So I'm spending time practicing makeup and putting different outfits together , trying different colours etc. The one problem I do have is Hairy arms. I wear tea shirts a lot during the day so to shave them would be noticeable by anyone who knows me , and questions would be asked.

Is there any thing that you girls recommend I can do?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

XX
    Last edited by Andrea_girl; 01-08-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Platinum Member
    yes shave them thats right then tell everyone abought some stupid guy thing you did that burned all your arm hair off ... most guys will do that at lest a few times in their lives,,,...........

arms

Hi Andrea, I shaved my arms two months ago and thought the same as you. But i go to the pool every day with bare arms chest and legs and no one has said a thing go figure, Just do it if it dosn't work it will grow back.

Trim them...

I trim mine with a electric beard trimmer. You can control the length you like and still keep enough to pass in drab. Only down fall is it does itch for the first 4 or 5 days. Then its all good.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Depending how long your arm hair is start by triming it shorter. Then after a few weeks shave it all off and keep it that way no one will say a thing. Been shaving mine for years.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    You'll have to shave/epilate or use a cream remover. I've had good luck with Veet. the regular strength for the first time and the sensative formula for maintaining.

Your best bet for the first time out is just do the backs of your hands, fingers, wrists and wear long sleeves. If your job has you working with or you have any hobbies that involve harsh chemicals like solvents, metal cleaners, carburetor cleaners, paint reducers, etc just doing the hands and wrists are super easy to explain away and if you have friends that do, look at their hands once in a while, a little MEK or chemtool splashed into a glove leaves a hairless spot that looks like shaving.
    Last edited by amanda barber; 01-08-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    I've shaved my arms of and on for years (which are always in full sight as I also tend to wear t-shirts, or short sleave formal shirts) I've never in 30 years had anyone comment on my lack of hair on my arms, or even hairs on my chest. I used to actually draw attention to it myself by admitting I hated looking like a gorilla, (which is actually the case, even if I was not a crossdresser I would prefer to be smooth over hairy) and even now, people just don't notice things like that nor make the connection.

I presume the only person that would notice is a fellow CDer, and if so, I doubt the would actually ask for fear of a negative reaction towards them
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

I shave mine and none of my friends have said anything about except my wife,being a mechanic i'm always working on hot engines and always burning myself so that's what i would tell them.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I have a similar problem and I know my work colleagues do notice these small things not with me but someonelse had hair removed for a different reason and he had to explain

So dont think no one will notice
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I have shaved my arms and legs now for the better part of a year and in the summer went around in shorts and Ts and in the winter often wear Ts and no one has said anything. People for the most part just don't notice and if they do just don't say anything.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Andrea,

I shaved my arms a few months ago for a makeover. The ONLY one who noticed was my wife, and that's because she because she rubbed my arm while the lights were off and we already in bed. She asked if I shaved my arms and I told her I did. No problem.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Will they guess your innermost secrets because you are missing some arm hair? C'mon, quit obsessing and shave them if you want to. Even if someone asks, just say yeah, I did shave them, it feels better! And voila' no end of the world found!
    Good luck honey. I know you will knock 'em dead when you finally go out, you look great!

Shaved arms look too unnatural in my opinion....what I do is thin them with a pair of old mustach trimmers with the depth guide and then bleach them with cheap blonde hair color.... makes the hair almost invisible and looks like it was bleached by the sun...that way they look appropriate in either gender....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I use one of those "buzz cut trimmers". When I first used it I put on the #3 end piece and it slightly shortened my hair arm. No one noticed. I did this a few times and then I put the #2 end piece and guess what? No one noticed. I did this a few times and then I put the #1 end piece. My hair is very short now, but yet again no one said anything. Progression over a period of time is the key. As long as you don't go from one end of the scale to the other in one step, you'll be fine...Trust me

P.S. I think you look cute in your avatar and profile pic.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 01-08-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I have (close to) a full body waxing every 4 -6 weeks unless I can't go out en femme. Last time was yesterday. My wife was OK with it altho thinks it looks a bit "funny". My 12 year old daughter looks at the hair growing back and says its time for a waxing. NO one else has said anything altho it has to be obvious. It's a bit painful but feels just GREAT.

You might also try bleaching the hair on your arms. I have very hairy arms, etc. and I bleached mine during the early part of summer and it didn't grow out dark until late fall. After it's been bleached for awhile, you can shave it off if you like.

Just started shaving mine about 2 months back, an noone has said anything to me about it.
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know a lot of GG who have naturally hairy arms. I am lucky as I am not a hairy person so I do not have to trim my arm hairs.

But look about and you will see as I said there are a lot of GG out there with hairy arms.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I shave mine, but then I'm very light in the body hair area so nobody seems to notice....except me!

Emily Ann

I use my epilady. Of course the hair grows back but much thinner. I was asked once if I had shaved my arms and my reply was yes. I don't owe anyone and explaination unless I choose to provide it.

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

I have shaved mine for the last two years. My sister asked after I started but that was about it. Besides who cares.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    You look passable to me. Are long sleeves an option?
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Thin the hair, hydrogen peroxide makes blonder, too.

I use a pop up trimmer, on my electric shaver, to thin the hair. Peroxide could be used, to "blonde it". I once rubbed peroxide into my head hair, thinking it would clean my scalp. It may have cleaned, but, it also left me light blonde! Lucille