Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Been Outed?

Have You Been Outed?

As one who is still hidden deep inside my closet I wonder about being outed. For those of you that have been outed by others or by your own choice, has it been a good experience, a nightmare or a combination? How have you coped with being out?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

My stupidity and untidyness outted me to my wife..... Should have put those skirts back in the hiding place rather than throwing them in the back of the closet...... Grrrrrrrrrrr

And after a year and a half i'm still coping, trying to win back the trust that was lost.......

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

well i too was outed, by my ex to the church we went too, two years ago that was bad enough !! . i lost all respect from the congregation because of my cding . and i had hope never to do that to anyone else, but i just outed my friend, and she won,t know anything about until i see her tomorrow.
    i feel like crap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why did you out a friend? Accident or disagreement?

"What are you waiting for?" -

Why did you out a friend? Accident or disagreement
    it was by accident, i would never "out" because of a disagreement, thats a big trust we have with each other it was wrong just chit chat .. a lose mouth and before i knew it i said something i regret
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Content and Happy
    What is told to me, stays with me. It's not who you tell, it's who they tell. Friendships only last if we work at it.

Lanore

MJ,
    Remember this as you go through life ...
    "Two people can keep a secret, only if one of them is dead" ....
    Andi ....
    Last edited by Andrea Nicole; 02-11-2007 at 07:53 PM.

My second wife outed me, with pictures too, all over town where I worked and lived. Funny, though, not many people really said anything. I remember one girl, Lisa, that I asked out one time... She asked me if I had the right dress to wear for the date. I said "No I don't, but you can buy me one if you want." Well I retracted my offer of dinner immediately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crazy Lady
    I hinted to my wife over a couple of years before I came out to her. I gave her permission to tell her best friend. She later told her older sister that has a temper and will use any and everything she knows about a person to hurt them if she gats mad at them. This sister then told her husband.

Dee

I outed myself to a friend ,she was staying with us and I went to bed early so when I woke up I headed to the bathroom when I opened the door here I was in my panties and bra as she came out of the bathroom. Now she knows and ribs me for sleeping in more than she does.

I would dress for my wife on occasion, but she didn't know that I also dressed for myself and caught me one night while I was dressed. We talked for over an hour and she wound up completely accepting my dressing. The only person she has told is her therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Nicole View Post
    MJ,
    Remember this as you go through life ...
    "Two people can keep a secret, only if one of them is dead" ....
    Andi ....
    so i should die for outing my friend ? hmmm it might be better than facing her !!! hey i feel so bad , why not rub more salt in the wound
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    For those of you that have been outed by others or by your own choice, has it been a good experience, a nightmare or a combination?
    Well I haven't been exactly outed (proper) yet. But my wife nearly outs me all the time! We'll be shopping for clothes and she'll inadvertently declare in a loud voice "this skirt would really look good on you" right in the middle of the store. Suddenly I feel really hot!

You see, crossdressing is such an everyday part of our marriage that we sometimes completely forget where we are or what we're doing or who might be within earshot.

Also I almost out myself everyday because I wear obvious women's clothes in boy mode nearly all the time
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Its the shoes!

I was in the garage talking on the PC (just like now) alll dressed up, and up goes the door! uhhhhhh, yikes I run upstairs, un-dress, come back down, she asked "why did u run up to the bedroom". I reply "changing the filter on my car got gas in my eyes". Well long story made short, a few weeks latter in bed she asked "do you cross dress?" I said "yes". I am one of the lucky girls, so far so good.....

Huggs....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

angel i no what you mean my wife does that all the time and some time it's comeing back to bite me today she was showing our daughter inlaw some new make up she just bought for susie

susie

Back in the 70's I used to spend a few nights a week in LA for business and had an apartment. Every morning in LA, I'd have breakfast at a coffee shop with a group of guys.

One morning the owner of the apartment came to the coffee shop and said the apartment was going to be sold, so he'd gone into my unit, without my knowledge, to take inventory of what belonged to the apartment. So, undoubtedly he saw all my femme stuff and CD magazines.

The next morning, when I went for breakfast, the gang was very uneasy, I surmised the apartment owner had outed me. I had to have breakfast elsewhere after that.

Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    As one who is still hidden deep inside my closet I wonder about being outed. For those of you that have been outed by others or by your own choice, has it been a good experience, a nightmare or a combination? How have you coped with being out?
    I just played it off when my 2nd wife did it by saying that she dressed me and took the pics.
    Now I've been slowly telling people one at a time. So the results have been OK. Except for my brother maybe. He just got a new job with more responsibilities and maybe he hasn't had time to answer my E-Mails. I find out sooner or later. He should be OK. He knew about me back in '70 when I tried the drag/gay thing. That's when I determined I wasn't gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling View Post
    Well I haven't been exactly outed (proper) yet. But my wife nearly outs me all the time! We'll be shopping for clothes and she'll inadvertently declare in a loud voice "this skirt would really look good on you" right in the middle of the store. Suddenly I feel really hot!

You see, crossdressing is such an everyday part of our marriage that we sometimes completely forget where we are or what we're doing or who might be within earshot.

Also I almost out myself everyday because I wear obvious women's clothes in boy mode nearly all the time
    I know exactly what you mean there. My SO does the same thing. I'm getting used to it though and not paying attention to anyone else in the store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MJ,
    I never said you should die, it's just a valid metaphor for the future.
    As far as salt in the wound, definitely. And you rightly deserve it, if this story is true.
    Andi ....

Aspiring Member
    My wife found out when she saw some photos of me on the computer a couple of months ago. I was horrified and scared that she would leave me. The thing that bothers her the most is that I didn't trust her enough to tell her about it first.

No one else knows besides her and her sister (she had to talk to someone about it.

I really only dress in the bedroom as it brings out sexual desires and urges for me (i.e. I am not into it 24/7 and don't want to be).

Anyway, I'm glad that it happened although the circumstances could've been a lot better!

Fortunately I have not been outed. My wife knows, understands and participates with me and she is the only one that knows and I sure hope that it stays that way... I would just die...sigh....

I eased my way out to my wife lets say by teickery 2 summers ago in hot weather got her to let my wear a skirt one of hers now I have skirts dresses panties camis hose and lot of heels to dress 5 days a week
    Angie

I outed myself to my missus - we are separated and were considering getting back together. I thought I'd best get it over with before she found out by accident. It went well, but she has chosen to ignore it since then and we still live 5 miles apart (so I can and do dress whenever.....

Then there is my next door neighbor, The Colonel - ret'd. army intelligence officer. He is in the habit of going out for early bird dinner at 4PM. He would return at about 5 and go inside for the night, never to be seen again until morning. He would pass my front door on the way in. One pleasant summer day I had my front door open - just the screen door in place. It mostly obscures the view in. I was nicely done up, wig, makeup, heels et al when The Colonel cruised past and went in to his place. I relaxed, but then he suddenly came out again and headed straight to my door! Gaaaa! No where to go, so I just waved him in and held my breath. He had a magazine for me. He was surprised, but he just said "whatever" and that was that. He did say that he would prefer to see me in drab whenever we might have a drink in the afternoon. No repercussions ever since and we remain friends (man-to-man friends, that is).

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've been extremely lucky in that my SO has not outed me to anyone. I can relate to Angel's experience with shopping though. Last year me and my SO were at an Easy Spirit Outlet store and my SO all of a sudden becomes vocally excited at the large selection of shoes that are my size saying out loud which ones would look good on me Jocelyn

Another my wife outs me all the time story! She has been known to hold up a skirt in front of me in the middle of a store to see if it looks like it will fit, but the Worst one/(funniest), we where up in Tahoe,Nv and where in a agift shop, where I ahd spotted this cute little tee's with maching short skirts with Tahoe across the chest, I mentioned how cute they where, and off she goes to see if she could find one in my size, I ama checking things on another rack a few feet away, when she calls out, "I think this one will fit you!" as I shrink down I noticed this cute granny type Tahoe is know for, standing there looking at me in what I ahd to take as shock, and awe. that was years ago, and I still have that skirt and tee, and everytime I did it out and put it on, it makes me smile.
    She also use to love to snap my bra strap when we where at the mall, and I was under dressing, not so much as outting, but giving me the feeling of being vunarable!

Lost my carrier and my close friends over my dressing. It all came out OK because now I'm free to be myself. I do miss my friends. It's funny three of the GG friends gave me big hugs when when I was going through this. I think they are just not sure what to expect from me.