Thread: DIY Body Countour?

DIY Body Countour?

Recently I was talked out of buying hip pads and padded panties because they tend to have a unnatural look. Even more recently I read a short article about a gurl who made a convincing set using foam pads from the fabric stores. That seems like better way to get a more natural taper of the hips and buttock. Maybe after a little experimenting anyway. Has anyone hear tried it before?

I tried making my own, never was happy with the out come, and bought a padded panty, it's ok but not perfect, have you ever looked up a web site called (never mind, they seem to be gone, and some one else is using that site name now, sorry) Classic Curves, it is a CD store that specializes in computer generated girdle looking pads that take your shape, off your messurements, and they do look good, but not cheap.
    If you do make your own, let us know how they come out, it could make a great thread for the Beauty club!
    Tina B.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 02-22-2007 at 01:01 PM.

I went and found it, the name is right, just not the site address check this out, if for no other reason as an idea of what you want to do yourself.
    http://www.clcrv.com/ There site has changed alot since I last went there, so I am going to check it out again myself, I ahope this help you.
    Tina B.

I did! Was useless trying to create a natural look.
    I bought a 4' by 8' piece of 1" soft foam rubber and tried a couple of different things.

Built up layers glued together with hot-melt glue and carefully tapered with scissors and a hot knife to look just right when placed under my pantyhose. It felt a bit strange to me when I had them in place, but looked OK, but if anyone felt them, it would be awful.

Then I tried to create a kind of panty or diaper out of the foam and doing the padding on the inside of it. Looked awful & felt awful. Was hard to put hose on as well.

I gave up on it and was going to order one from a place a friend on here told me about. I still thought that if someone were to pinch me it wouldn't feel real.

I started looking more at women's rear & hips... And you know what?... There are quite a lot of them that have a smallish rear & hips... Just like mine!

Soooo... I've decided just to buy things that fit a bit tighter and work my abs to trim down that part so I can go naturally.
    My SO says I have a fine rear end. I wonder why I didn't just listen to her in the first place before I spent $25 on foam & glue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just go as you are there are lots of women out there without hips and bums.

sara

Didn't work for me.... they never looked right, didn't fit in my under garmets correctley.... save yoursefl alot of trouble and go out and buy a good set of padded panties, and a corsett...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Try looking at this threat from a few months ago. It should give you some good ideas.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=46198

Sally

These are pictures of me wearing the pads with different outfits. I don't have "real" hips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the corset already, but the lack of hips isn't doing much for the look. Especially in women's slacks.

I had something like the classic curves shaper in mind. Hopefully in a lower price range. Thanks for the link, Sally.

Hi,

I had some success with making a pad for the derriere. I took a 1 inch foam and formed a single pad, tapering the edges for a smooth transition to the body. The shape was like an upside down m. After I was happy with the shape, I covered it with a material cut from an old bedsheet, so that it would not stick to the clothing and be easier to insert. The key for me was to insert this pad into my girdle to smooth the shape and hold the pad in place.

Huggs,
    Patty

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Study a bit of Art anatomy before padding one's self. You will discover that the location of the HIGH POINTS of the curves are critical for a correct look.

As I am also an artist, I have become aware of this. Its not SIZE, as far as butts and hips are concerned, but where the high point of the curves are.

The Butt, for example, viewed from the side, The high point is in the middle for men and at the lower third for women.===It dont matter how big the butt is -- if the peak curves in the middle, It will read "MAN"----And below the middle, "WOMAN" And above the middle----"bad padding" ---its amazing how "sensitive" our subconcious minds are to such sublities, things we arent aware of conciously until it is pointed out.

The hips from the front--- The valley of the curve begins at the waist--at the navel line, his a small peak at the top of the hip bone, proceeds in a slightly outward straightish line to the top of the Trochanter of the Femur (the knob at the top of the upper leg) and makes a gentle curve from there back to a few inches above the knee.----The peak of this "soft curve" is about 3- 4 inches below the trochanter. The trouble with most padding is that it peaks too HIGH on the hips---Padded panties wont do the job, you need something like a padded panty girdle to get the thigh curve right.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 02-23-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Smile hips

Got mine at JCPenny. Shopped online. Ordered by phone. Picked up at store catalog desk. $39.95

GIve this site a look. http://www.proactiveprosthetics.com/..._products.html
    It is near the bottom of the page.

I don't know what the price will be but it looks very interesting though. I do want the cleavage forms that they have!
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    Study a bit of Art anatomy before padding one's self. You will discover that the location of the HIGH POINTS of the curves are critical for a correct look.
    Thank you Marina! That's exactly the kind of info I need. Looking at all the CD photos I could find, I noticed the same thing with padded panties. The width seemed to peak too close to the beltline and looked sort of squareish.

As far as cutting the foam goes, what kind of (affordable) cutting tools are best for the job? I tried cloth shears in an unrelated art project once, but it was quite a battle making an even cut.

Sally: You look SO authentic!
    Congrats!!!
    Marie

I made some out of 1 1/2 inch thick foam padding. For both hip and rear. The placement is the trick. On the rear I just use them to fill out the bottom half and on the sides to widen the area of the legs at crotch level. I wear hose or tights to hold them in place and wear jeans on top. They stay in place and look good, but you have to take some care placing them when pulling on your jeans. I tapered them using an electric turkey carving knive and I put the trimmed side in so that the smoothest material is on the outside. After wearing them a couple times they loose some thickness and conform better to your shape making them look and feel better. The foam is about 6 inches by 12 give or take.

I looks like I will have foam rubber and control-top pantyhose on my shopping list now. What shapes did you use for all the pads. (I'm guessing oval for all of them)

Why not just go Au'natural. Not every gurl has hips. Some don't and if you just go natural, maybe it will be good enough...BJ

My waist size is currently 4 to 6 dress sizes down from my blouse size. I'd be hard-pressed to find a GG fitting those proportions older than 12 yo. It would be like going without breast forms or forgetting to shave. I'm really after the full package.

Yes, they are basically oval. You could make them wider on one end to fit your specific shape though.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    i just received my padded panties in the mail yesterday. I bought them on ebay for $23.00. I'm thin, and have no butt or hips whatsoever, so I needed something. I can't wait to try them out. Besides, I have always liked a woman with an ample behind....

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    -
    Sally
    These are pictures of me wearing the pads with different outfits. I don't have "real" hips.
    Oh REALLY!? Holy cow, girl, you convinced me. Great job!

Yes, ma'am, I made my own forty years ago when necessity really was the mother of invention. What's more, they looked quite reasonable.

Diane

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Got 'em for jeans

I got a fanny/hip pad pantie just for my jeans...they were about 59 bucks but fit well and provide that curve you want and need for that special pair of low rise jeans...

Hi, yes I made my own form foam and belive it or not towels and I think they look great. I use them with a padded girdle. I was a balloon with about 1/2 cup water for my bra. It feels (as much as I can tell) like real and looks and moves like real too. Hope this helps. Wanda