Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirrors

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar

Mirrors

speaking from experince with my SO , its taken him years he says to be able to look @ himself in a mirror whilst "dressed" !! i gently coaxed him to take the step and look, & see what he looked like !! he says he finds it alittle easier now, but there was always that fear when he caught a glance of himself !!
    have any of you been the same ? maybe when you first started dressing ?? and is it better now, can you look @ yourself infront of a mirror ??
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

I'll look. but they just remind me of how much weight I need to lose

Banned Read only
    I have always loved to look at myself in the mirror while dressed. I can't imagen why somone would not.

Oh I look, you need a small mirror for make up, but I really do not want to see myself in the mirror and ruin the illusion. Even in male drab I will not look into a full length mirror as I am not happy with my body. I guess that is why there are so few pictures of myself.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    i must admit im like that !! hate getting a glimpse of myself !! yeuk even passing shop windows , if i suddenly catch a look, im critzing myself straight away !!
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

Your SO is lucky to have someone so supportive. My wife is definately NOT. As far as mirrors I can not wait to get to a mirror. I think I look good dressed, I only wish I could do make up. Since my wife doesn't support my dressing I must be secretive and therefor have limited time and never do makeup. Anyway I don't know why anyone who dresses wouldn't want to look. Wanda

Lol My SO has always made fun of how I look in shop windows at myself I have never had a problem looking at myself when dressing I like the way I look so it's easy I guess. I much prefer to look at myself dressing than not cos I never liked what I saw before now I love what I see. Do any of you girls know what I mean? xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I presume your SO believes he does not look good in feminine clothes and so avoids the mirror so as not to spoil the illusion, that he looks foolish, just a man in a dress etc.

I am naturally thin so achieving a satisfactory feminine look has been fairly easy for me. This has been important for my own feminine self-esteem. If I was 250 pounds and had large muscles then I suspect I would have low feminine self-esteem and would avoid mirrors like the plague.

Mirrors and my femme self go together hand-in-hand. If I could I would lug a full-length one around wherever I go dressed. I have often wondered if I would dress if there were no mirrors around. Well, maybe I would.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Mo problem - when 100% dressed

I have no ptoblem once I'm done with hair and makeup complete. I HATE looking in the mirror when I'm in mid process and clearly a man in a dress.
    Kim (The vain redneck)

Mirrors....... Complete opposite here....have to fight Sher for the mirror she usually wins she just has to or give me (attitude)....and she gets her way.....
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I'm not that concerned about my appearance but do want to look at least somewhat presentable (and not like the Devil's Grandma)before I go out anywhere. I have a huge dresser mirror I use when I'm getting ready (for makeup, etc.) but don't really "look" if you know what I mean as I am busy with the prep work. Once the finished "look" is complete (with wig, lipstick, jewelery, etc.), I then check out the entire look for any touch ups needed. I really don't think that much of myself but usually get a lot of compliments. I guess basically, I just use the mirror as a tool, nothing more or less as I'm going out regardless.

I look , I may not like what I'm seeing but how else are you going to no where
    we need to work to improve. I always check what I've managed to do with
    clevage and nthen how foundation garments fit. I don't pass probably never will but I enjoy trying the tips I learn here.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

As I recall, it took a while to be able to look at Vikki in the mirror. But ,now, the mirror is my friend. I have a big vanity mirror where I do my makeup and hair, and a full length mirror to check out my outfit. One thing that makes me feel femme is primping and touching up lipstick in the car visor mirror. I don't do it while moving, but maybe while waiting at a long light.

Vikki

is in her vest
    I have never had a problem looking in the mirror...I am always amazed at the transformation in me...I keep thing "what an illusion"
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Mirrors

Seeing myself in the mirror is one of the great pleasures of getting dressed. After all, you have to use the mirror for makeup, so why not enjoy the finished product. Then you can not only feel yourself as a woman, but can see yourself as one. That's why I always employe mirrors in the shots I take of myself. Tell him to not be self conscious and to enjoy his new look. It will also give him ideas on improving his female persona.

Alice B. Said it well I love posing in front of thwe mirror espessialy when I dress trashy with too much make up, big hair, thi hi's, stilettos, and stuff like that.

Can't pass a mirror, window or anything else that's reflective without looking. Narcistic to the max. Just because no one else will look ain't going to stop me from looking.
    If you walk into a room and nobody notices, Why walk into the room?

I dont remember ever being botherd by my girl image in a mirror. My early days in this life of being cd had many hours using 2 mirrors trying hairstyles. Now I have mirrors everwhere,, and guess what,, they stay cleaned usualy LOL. I think its the fact that Cindy is a lot easier to look at in a mirror than my guy side,, same goes with photos. Im also realistic when seeing my own image, and feel great when I like the look that Im trying to achieve and accept a non flattering look that didnt work like planned.
    It may have a lot to do with our own self acceptance, being comfortable with ourselvs and understanding that there is always room for improvement in our attempt to create a feminine image

Cindy
    Last edited by cindybarnes; 03-12-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: blonde grammer :)

Mirrors

I absolutely need a mirror!
    I have a good sized mirror on my dressing table so I can see most of myself fron at least the knees up. I want to know things like... Is my slip showing, or can you see a bra strap peaking out either in front or back... Does my hair look alright, are my eyebrows OK, do they need thinning some more, etc., etc.
    Now when endrab... While shaving or combing my hair is all I need a mirror for. I pretty much know how the rest of me looks.
    So... Yes I like seeing myself in the mirror. ...And yes I'll criticise myself when I look... Oh this makes me look fat, I need to lose some more weight. Or, that color top just doesn't do it for me today. Etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does this make sense?

When doing my makeup, I see the guy in the mirror. But when everythig is done and I give one last look, there's a glow that comes from within and I just light up and love the person in the mirror.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I look in a mirror and stick my tongue out at the reflection . Then I tell guy, he isn't going to spoil this ladies good time out.

Well don't look at my avatar.... Hehe.. And Hell No!! I've been in front of the mirror since day one... Seeing what I look like... Instant feedback.. Moreso than the thousands of photos I take.... I still get amazed when I look in one and don't recognize the girl in there..... As really me... Us.... Her....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I have no ptoblem once I'm done with hair and makeup complete. I HATE looking in the mirror when I'm in mid process and clearly a man in a dress.
    Kim (The vain redneck)
    As a man I don't like my picture taken or look in the mirror for anything other than necessities. Dressed I take so many pictures of myself (daily) that it's hard to imagine I'm using the same brain! Although I, like Kimberly, who, I happen to think is absolutely beautiful, hate to see myself in mid-dress. For me it's dressed but no wig. I feel ugly and stupid to a point. At that point I am just a ridiculous 51 yr old man in a dress!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

When looking into a mirror, I'm not always happy with an outfit, or how an outfit might be fitting, and I am reminded of the weight I should loose, but inspite of all these things, I LIVE for the mirrors when I'm dressed!!