Thread: Came out to a friend

Came out to a friend

I have this friend online who has known me since before "Taylor". Like she knows me as my female name and I never really changed it because I figured that it would be way too confusing for her and that maybe I might lose her as a friend. More than anything I was afraid. Well, we were talking about the Virginia Tech massacre and how traumatizing it was just to keep seeing stuff about it on every channel and then that went to a general talk about stuff that has happened in the U.S. How 9/11 really traumatized people and little kids who were watching it with their parents actually developed PTSD. She threw out a comment that she had seen "Boys Don't Cry" and that the hate and brutality in that movie had her messed up for a couple of weeks after seeing it. Well, my ears perked up at that. I mean I was thinking.....she has seen that movie and she seems to be not disgusted by Brandon but by the people who killed him. So it was scary but I told her about me. Here is the e-mail I got in return. I feel like the luckiest guy on earth to have a friend like her.

ooh you'd be hot in a button up and tie, send me
    photos. i'm not disgusted, weirded out, etc-i've
    had a friend since i was 18 who is ftm and i've had a
    crush on him for ages, plus i see all the time what he
    has to go through (though he does want
    hormones/surgery but can't afford it). of course i
    still love you, i can't tell you how special you are
    to me.
    would you prefer for me to call you taylor? because
    i would if that's what you feel more comfortable with.
    ^-^
    as for hair-i still say curly looks better, that was
    adorable. i seriously just wanted to smoosh and cuddle
    you when i saw those photos lol. you can tell me
    anything, i would never judge you-you're a wonderful,
    deep, caring person who has their priorities straight
    and knows what really matters in life. *super big
    hugs*

love you bundles!!!!!

Platinum Member
    YAY!! that is soooo cool Taylor, and she wants to call you by your boy name too, that is wicked bro!! im well happy for you

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!! Yaay!!

Good one Taylor
    What a cool, lovely friend!!

I'm so pleased for you dude!
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Hold on to that one.

See, sometimes we do get what we deserve! And you do deserve to have such good people in your life.

She's definitely a keeper, Taylor! I'm so happy for you! Or as they say in England, I'm well-chuffed for you (did I say that right?)! I'm glad that she turned out to be so open and accepting. We all need friends like that.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Or as they say in England, I'm well-chuffed for you (did I say that right?)!
    Ha ha! Yes
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Woot that's soooooooooo awesome Taylor! How great she's so supportive and willing to call you by your boy name. I'm really happy for you dude!

friends

That is great!!!! I have a few friends i want to tell but I am afraid they will no longer speak with me, so I just keep it between my wife and I. Hopeing to make new friends that wont question me.

way to go Taylor , i am happy for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Oh Taylor, I'm so pleased for you, I really am. You hang on to that friend of yours. Good friends are so hard to find, I know as I've never had any until now. I've got my friend Lisa and my online friend Michelle and I'm hanging onto them, not forgetting my brothers and sisters on here. (Goes up to Taylor and gives him the biggest hug that she can).

Loads of and for Taylor

Anna Marie x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Just another 'Gurl'
    that is brilliant mate!
    Just another man in a dress

Its so good when things turn out right. She sounds like a special person and a really good friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm happy for you Taylor. You have great friends.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Friends like that are part of what makes life worthwhile.

thats really brillaint. I'm glad all went well and she's so willing to treat you the way you want to be treated.
    Ben

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you, mate.

DUDE congrats! Brownies for you!
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

great i'm so pleased for you - you faced up to and overcame your fears and insecurities and both of you will have a stronger relationship for it! theres a lesson for us all i think

mitch

What a treasure your friend is. That must have made you very very happy, not only that she accepts and supports you as Taylor, but that she didn't even give it a second thought because she knows how wonderful a person you are.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Thanks oooo much for your responses. I feel like a lucky guy. Today we were talking about the mango. That was pretty funny. She said something along the lines of that she wouldn't mind having one of those herself so she wouldn't have to squat if she was out on the road and couldn't find a bathroom. lol I love Jennia. She is too cool. She is very hot too. Too bad she is married to a guy and is fixing to give birth to her baby girl.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    Thanks oooo much for your responses. I feel like a lucky guy. Today we were talking about the mango. That was pretty funny. She said something along the lines of that she wouldn't mind having one of those herself so she wouldn't have to squat if she was out on the road and couldn't find a bathroom. lol I love Jennia. She is too cool. She is very hot too. Too bad she is married to a guy and is fixing to give birth to her baby girl.
    http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html tell her to get one of these and have a try after the birth lol

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Congrats!
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html tell her to get one of these and have a try after the birth lol

Kieron, I am going to pass that link on to her! Thanks man!

Taylor my friend I can't express how I feel for you right now and how happy I am for ya Hun so here's a few to be going along with. This is great news for ya Hun xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Thanks Felix! I'm just glad I didn't scare her away. But there is just this "sense" that comes after you have been friends with someone for a long time. Like you just "know" it is the right time to tell them. Do you know what I mean? It felt safe.