Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making own gaff and breast forms

Lightbulb Making own gaff and breast forms

Hi Everyone!

I came across a site some time ago that showed just how to make your own gaff CHEAPLY (now you're talking!). At the time I was seriously confused, but then suddenly the light dawned *grin*

In the interests of disclosure, I herewith submit my guide to inexpensively making your own breast forms and gaff from one pair of stockings and some filler for the forms.

The first item on the agenda is a normal pair of stockings (make sure you get one that fits you at the waist - this is an NB). Cut off both feet of the stockings at a decent kind of length since you are going to be filling them to make your forms.

Then, choose a leg and cut another length of about 20cm (remember: I am South African - measurements in centimetres!).

Finally, cut the very top of the pair of stockings off. This ring is where the elastic hides away in - you want that whole piece.

After filling the feet of the stockings (a whole stack of suggestions out there including rice, bird seed and so on - almost anything you have available!) and tying them up, you should have the following pieces:

The top is the two recently filled feet. The second item is the top piece of the mutilated stocking (still whole). The last is the piece of stocking that was trimmed off too. I thought I would be very professional and have a ruler there too ... that is, if you can see it!

Now the next step is the fun bit for the gaff making. All you have to do, pay attention now, is slide the bottom bit over the waist band ring making sure to scrunch it in to the middle. Simple no? Not that I thought so initially!

So here is the next picture to hopefully elucidate the statement:

See the gaps on either side between the ring and the bit in the middle? Those are for your legs dear. Pull it up nice and tight like a thong, then tuck everything into place in the "sack" that was created because of the middle thing.

Clear as mud, isn't it?

Questions? Comments? Those that have done this before, what have I left out? The big thing for me is that the stocking I used was actually a little on the small side, so the gaff tends to be a tad uncomfortable over the long run. The other thing is that I have virtually no hips, so I need to cover it with fairly tight panties to make sure it stays in place

Good luck! May your fronts be bumpier (at the top) and smoother (below the waist) than ever!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Talking cheapie

and all for under a dollar !!
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

And that's why I like it so much - CHEAP . Rather spend the money on nice clothes rather than on a must have foundation garment. LOL
    Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Smile Thanks!

[SIZE=1]
    Hey Vicky,
    thank you so much, i'm still a little confused but that's how i am with eveything of this matter but i think now that i got the basic idea i can try it out.

your such a big help thanks a lot,
    elisha
    [/SIZE]
    ---
    [SIZE="2"]<3 Becoming Brooke[/SIZE]

Talking Tiny Fonts .... Again

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha42
    [SIZE=1]
    Hey Vicky,
    thank you so much, i'm still a little confused but that's how i am with eveything of this matter but i think now that i got the basic idea i can try it out.

your such a big help thanks a lot,
    elisha
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]SORRY, WHAT DID YOU WRITE? CAN ANYBODY LEND ME THEIR READING GLASSES....[/SIZE]does your font size match your foot size (we all know what your foot size relates to) ?
    If you want to come out about it I raised a thread on the transexual page.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

alter_3

Another simple Gaff

I've also made a gaff from male "pouch" style underwear by using a sewing machine to take the excess material from the pouch and flatten it out. Worked better for me than any purchased gaffs. But then again, I'm blessed with a small amount of stuff to tuck...

[size=3][size=2]Here are some things that I've learned by trial and error after
    using Vicky's "formula" for a few months.[/size] [/size]

1) It's good for 2-3 hours, but you need a real gaff with a stiff gusset for longer wear. I'm not a fabric expert, but I've been asking around.

2) Tights feel better than hose, but stockings stretch better. This is important because the "tube" piece of the stocking can make it hard to pull up the waistband. You need something that will stretch far enough to pull the waistband up over your hips.

Cutting the "tube" from as high up the leg as you can is good, even using the legs from the panty part if they're long enough to work for you.

3) You want the very largest pair of tights or pantyhose you can find –Queen, XXL, F, whatever. But DON'T use anything with a control top.

4) Wearing a pair of too-small panties over the gaff helps.

5) Sewing the gusset to the waistband at the four corners is helpful - except for those of us who are sewing-impaired!
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 03-14-2005 at 12:07 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babe4life
    And that's why I like it so much - CHEAP
    Hi Vicki.

I thought they were cheep because you made them from birdseed
    Love Sandra xx

Okay, well, I didn't get any of that - not even the pictures!

What?

Yah, need to see how this is done.
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

Gaffs and the rest

Quote Originally Posted by alter_3
    I've also made a gaff from male "pouch" style underwear by using a sewing machine to take the excess material from the pouch and flatten it out. Worked better for me than any purchased gaffs. But then again, I'm blessed with a small amount of stuff to tuck...

Hi girls,

I too have always been interested in getting the best effect for the least cost. After much trial and error I came up with something for the top and front bottom as it wereTo save a lengthy description here can I ask anyone to log onto http://geocities.com/fionaxxcd/

Can you please let me know how it is for you?

Hugs

Fiona

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar

Welcome.

Hi Fiona.

A very warm welcome to the forum, it is always nice to see another Brit join us. You will find us a great bunch and everyone is willing to help on anything you need. We would also love to get hints and tips from you. So relax you among friends and I look forward to building up an online forum friendship.

Just one thing, is that my bra you are wearing??? If not it should be I love it and want it. LOL
    Love Sandra xx

Welcome from me too Fiona, another Brit. Sandra's right, this is a great place for people like us. Tell us more about yourself, there's bound to be many here who have the same interests, and indulge in the same activities.

I logged on to your site, some great ideas there. Are the boobs and cleavage in your avitar produced by the method shown on the site, because I would not be able to distinguish them from the real thing. I must try that one!

Good luck,
    ToniB

McGuyver would be proud .

StephanieCD
    Quote Originally Posted by trinity24
    McGuyver would be proud .
    I think he pioneered the technique. I always knew there was a reason I watched that show so much

Quote Originally Posted by Carrah
    Okay, well, I didn't get any of that - not even the pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique Melt
    Yah, need to see how this is done.

OK, in Vicky's absence, I'll try this once more.

Start with a pair of pantyhose or tights. First cut the feet off and fill each with birdseed, rice or whatever you like until you have something the size that you want for breasts. I usually pre-measure the birdseed in to ziplock bags as a way to make sure that about the same amount goes in to each form.
    [size=3][/size]

Now, tie of the ends off and you have breastforms!
    [size=3][/size]

For best results using this type of form, I recommend an underwire bra.

[size=3][size=2]Now for the gaff. Cut off the waistband, as shown in the upper picture below (silly 4-pix per post limit!)[/size] [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    Then cut off one leg of the stocking part (below the panty part). Then measure off 8”–10” (20cm–25cm), depending on how big a girl you are. DON’T stretch the stocking when measuring! Note that the result is a “tube” of stocking, open at both ends. This will be the gusset of the gaff. See the lower picture above.

Now, just slide the waistband through the gusset.
    [size=3][/size]
    Now, put your legs through the parts of the waistband on either side of the gusset, and pull them up!

If you are clear on this and want to try it, you should also read http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=95310&postcount=7 for some "road test" notes.

I am interested in all the feedback, pro or con, that anyone cares to offer about this.

p.s. you can also fashion a wig cap out of the leftover piece of panty.

p.p.s. Who is McGuyver?

Love
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 03-14-2005 at 02:42 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

Banned Read only
    What? I spent hundreds of dollars on breast froms I ordered!!! And I could have made them myself? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (I'm hitting myself in the forehead). With the money I would have save I could have saved up for permanant implants!!! It would have spared me the embarassment of my water-balloon years. (The damned things burst all over the place!)

Who knew?

Dawn Marrie "Thats Who I Be."
    Sloosh...Sloosh ! !

Quote Originally Posted by donnie123abc1
    What? ... Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (I'm hitting myself in the forehead).
    Don't beat yourself up, honey. This solution is very low-end and to me is just a way to patch through until I can afford better things.

Forms are good. Implants have their problems, there have been massive lawsuits about them. I don't think that my sick old liver would tolerate hormones.

I heard somewhere that some Tgirls are getting saline injections for "24-hour breasts", but I have my doubts about that.

I have actually been intrigued by the water-balloon method (it would be nice to be able to jiggle ). Some claim that there are ways to keep them from breaking and leaking, I guess all I can do is try it. See http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...5698#post95698.

Love
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 03-14-2005 at 02:36 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

Making own gaff and breast forms

undefined[SIZE=3]undefined[/SIZE]undefined

Hi Girls,

What a lovely welcome from you all in UK but as no body else did am I getting it wrong?. Anyway another suggestion of the boob front so to speak. Balloons do work, but you need four. Put one inside another, then get some water retaining granules from a garden centre, the stuff that gets mixed into pots to stop the soil drying out, and make a small funnel out of a bit of card. Grab the inner balloon neck and put the funnel in it then tip in a couple of tea spoons of the granules. Add about a third of the balloon volume of water and then tie off the neck. Give it a good shake and wait half an hour. The granules swell up and make a jelly with very life like results. They last for about a year before the jelly liquidises again or the rubber packs up. 4" balloons seem best, if you are really clever a red one inside a white outer produces a nice pink.

Hugs
    Fiona

[size=3]Thank you[/size], Fiona, I must try this! This California girl also welcomes you to the forum - what do you mean by "getting it wrong"?

I was also intrigued by http://geocities.com/fionaxxcd/cleavage.htm, but my powers of visualization failed me at a few key points:

[size=3]Cleavage:[/size]

Is the tape to go all the way around the back? Is the excess nylon line to be cut off after tying the bow in front?

I presume that the bra should completely cover the forms, balloons, whatever. Correct?

[size=3]Concealment:[/size]

“… the blade is … ” – Is the blade the part from the curved end with the holes in it “down” (in the illustration), flanked by the velcroed arms?

"Feed the remaining nylon through the plastic tubing, that is to stop the line cutting deep, and place around the waist, trimming the tube. At one end of the line tie a loop and at the other a series of knots; which act as stops, feed that through the loop and it locks nicely." - Is the exposed nylon in front or in back? When done, do you tie it in a bow and trim off the excess? Or is that what shows in the lower picture? What's the vertical line in the upper picture between the waistband and the top of the panties?

“… fold the leather around them; pressing the velcro together once tight …” – do I have it right that the end with the 2 holes goes in back? I seem to be missing what is holding it in place in front.

p.s. Is it ok to share your ideas and links with other Tgirls? If so, do you want attribution?

Love
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 03-18-2005 at 02:23 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

Hi Rachel,

Thank you too for the welcome; I just wondered if I had offended the non Brits; something that is easy to do, and as a newbie I want to tread carefully.

Since I put up my website I have changed the kit a bit. I found that after an hour or so that the tapes, which are about 7 inch long pulled away. So I have doubled up, by placing the lower pair 'D' rings just below and inside my tits and the upper just level with but outside. You can just tie the string but you get a lot of slack which is a curse to hide. I have made two bits of wire with small hooked ends an inch and 1 1/2 inch long. Place the hooked bit in the rings and slacken the string, small at the bootom long at top. A smear of eye shadow makes a difference.

The bit down below works by clasping the tackle and the blade covers it between the legs and is drawn up your backside. The vertical line is just the seam on the panty hose. The waist line has just enough protruding to make a small loop at one end and a couple of thick knots at the other. The less that is outside the tube the less it cuts in. You just pull the knotted end through the loop and let go. The tackle clasping bit has to be closed tight over the neck of the scrotum, it is a bit of a fiddle, but once there is on till remoived and allows a good pull up your backside. There is a snag in that the view from behind can be surprising. The front is different

I'd be delighted if the ideas could help other girls achieved the shape that they dream of. If you are happy that they will, then of course I'd want them shared, and perhaps an attribution might be nice.

Hugs

Fi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Thumbs up

Fiona,

Wow, that cleavage technique is sweet! The pics on your site are great, too. Excellent job!

LOL, it's a 1" corset!

I'm going to try that...
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Quote Originally Posted by Fionax
    I just wondered if I had offended the non Brits; something that is easy to do, and as a newbie I want to tread carefully.
    I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but thank you for your sensitivity. You'll be fine here. Just remember that the US is as big, and as politically and culturally diverse, as Europe, and try not to say things that begin with "You Americans ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fionax
    an attribution might be nice.
    I'll just include a link to your website in anything I share. How's that?

I have many more questions, but instead of chewing up thread space, I'll send you a PM.

*air kiss*
    - Robert Hunter

Hi Rachel,

That sounds wonderful, I look forwards to reading it.

Hugs
    Fi

How would the cleavage creation method work on someone who doesn't really have much in the flesh department there? I am on the thin side, and have very little actual pectoral muscle development - (almost too bony there).

Would this still work if you don't have much more than skin stretched over your ribcage? lol

Looking forward to testing out the gaff technique this upcoming weekend.

Luv

~Viv~
    I dreamt all my future, relived my past and witnessed the beauty of the beast.