Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    Personally, I think hoisery of any kind is an important part of the overall feminine look -- but only if worn when it is appropriate to do so. And, when the temperature is in the 90's, "that aint the time" to wear hoisery unless you are going out in formal or semi-formal clothes!!!

BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

I agree
    and
    agree!

I NEVER wear pantyhose. Only thigh highs and garter stockings for me!

I love hose

Pantyhose is one of the first things I tried on when i started. I love the way they feel. The silky reminder under my drab clothes, that I am Fem. I also grew up in the 80's too and hose was big with girls. If i had a choice I would wear pantyhose with a skirt or long dress most days. I guess I have a thing for them, but some GG's do too. Nothing is absolute, some GG's may not like hose because it was imposed on them as young, not worn by choice like most Cds/trans.
    Sarah

I wear them, although not always, but always when going out enfemme. Even with open toed shoes.

I love the feel, especially when they fit right. And I love the tan look they give my legs. And they hide the hair somewhat.

My wife saw a GG the other day in a skirt, with black heels, no hose. She asked why some women don't wear hose when in a skirt and heels. So, some women, like my wife, don't believe in not wearing hose when in a skirt and heels.
    DonnaT

As lots of others have mentioned, when I was growing up, sheer hosiery of one sort or another was part of the total package for a "properly" dressed woman or girl, and I guess that many of us have taken that to heart. And again as others have said, they minimize a myriad of leg flaws, sort of like foundation makeup for the legs. Plus, they're one of the items of clothing that is quintessentially feminine, and I think that appeals to a lot of us. Besides, I just like them, so why not wear them?

And I'm not one of those who thinks that hosiery with sandals is a sin. They make sandalfoot hosiery for that exact purpose, and as far as I'm concerned, they look great. In years past, sandalfoot hosiery with fancier sandals was a standard thing, it's only in recent years, that the fashion police have decided it's a no-no.

That said, in warm weather, I only wear hosiery when I'm getting dressed up a bit, but in cooler weather, I wear them a lot for a bit of additional warmth.

Personally, I feel that sheer hosiery give a "finished" look to an outfit, and don't care for the bare leg look. Part of looking good is knowing when to ignore a fashion that doesn't work for you.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 08-14-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    My name is Carol.

First of all, I love the feeling of pantyhose, I would not feel complete without them if I go out on a shoping spree or to a 'ladies lunch." To me, stockings are a key to feeling truly femme. I especially love real nylons, with a lacy garterbelt. I love the '50s and '60s look, and I wouldn't think of putting on a vintage dress without hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Do they? I don't...
    Neither do I I hate the idea of pantyhose. It's stockings or nothing.

Kymmie

I love them because they hide blemishes and make my legs feel smooth. Also, because they are tight, I do not have to tuck to achieve a nice smooth look in front.

Karen Sue

Smile Don't Like Them

[SIZE="3"]I don't wear panty hose, even in the winter. I just love the feel of the wind against bare skin.

Gennee[/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I don't. I do however wear knee highs when I wear boots on my ghost tours. I will wear panty hose when it's real cold out.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Personally, I wear them because i love how they feel on me and how they look.

In fact, I usually wear pantyhose even under my jeans.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...lies/happy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    This is something i've been asking myself for a while now.. and everytime i look in the picture threads it reminds me again.

The question i ask is this....... Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?
    I mean is it a case spot the crossdresser or something? Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

I will admit that i do wear them on the odd occasion, like most women, and love the feel of them on my shaved legs.. but i have no need to wear them all the time. Right now i'm going through a footless tights phase, or full length tights... Just following the fashions of today i suppose.
    I don't - I wear whats appropriate for the situation! Girls are barelegged at the moment so that's what I do. Leggings or footless tights, depending on weather and outfit

mitch

Not a little girl
    I can't help but ask, but do you have doubts that you are a real crossdresser because you don't wear pantyhose all the time?

Just here to make freinds
    I do it because it just feels - yummi!
    Really enjoying this!!!

Banned Read only
    For me its stockings or nothing. I can't stand tights they are way too hot for me

Apart from feeling sexy, the right tights can make your legs and thighs look thinner, which is surely what any women wants

Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

I prefer stockings but go with tights/pantyhose when wearing a short skirt. You stand a better chance of blending in if you are not showing stocking tops when out in public

Susan

Gold Member
    Well if my legs and feet were tanned I might not wear any but there not, totally white.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I Rarely wear them. I do wear knee his and trouser socks when I have to but I have learned what most GG's have. They are hot and uncomfortable.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Nothing beats the feel of nylon on soft fresh shaved legs.....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I go bare legged at the moment. Hate panty hose but love the feel of stockings in the colder weather.

Here's me - bare legs!

Love Fran
    Legs4.jpg

I think that for many of us, much of our lives were spent admiring women's legs encased in sheer hosiery and wishing we could experience what that would be like. And it is one of the few things (like a bra) that are so strongly associated with femininity. So, when we reach that point in our lives when we are able to dress up and go out and about in the world wearing hosiery (be it pantyhose, stockings, or thigh-highs) ourselves, we (CD's) are going to do it. It is unfortunate that at the current time the wearing of hosiery has become somewhat unfashionable among the GG's.

I personally don't particularly care if it is unfashionable. I expect to be read as a CD and am surprised when I am not (pretty often). I like the look and feel of pantyhose. I only dress about 4 days a month, so when I dress I am going to wear what I think looks good on me - and that includes sheer hosiery.

Here's me out shopping - not bare legged:
    Image003a.jpg
    Last edited by Phoebe Reece; 08-14-2007 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added photo
    Phoebe

I wear pantyhose because I CAN!

Actually, it's because of the same reasons many of you have already mentioned: growing up it was what all the women wore (actually, stockings when I was younger), wearing them covers the flaws on my legs (I know, you thought I was perfect), wearing them helps support and shape my legs, wearing them helps me blend in with those women near my age who wear them for the first three reasons I listed, and wearing them helps me keep my maleness in place.

And the truth be told, I have seen a lot of young ladies barelegged this summer who should wear some pantyhose when it's cooler.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

You made the mistake of saying "always" and "all cd's". Please don't ever speak for me. Yes, I enjoy the feeling and the look of a good, quality pair of panty hose, but I only wear them for the appropriate occasions

Summertime with open toe shoes or sandals is not the appropriate time if you want to present a stylish appearance as a gg would do.

You said that you looked at many of the past pictures and your conclusion was that cd's "always" wear hose. You obviously did not look too closely at my pics. Look at my avatar. No hose there. On my last two threads, with pictures, on my outings, I was well dressed and was out and about in regular venues. No hose in any of the pictures. I went bare legged because it was summer, hot, and I was wearing open toe shoes.

Jodi

Pantyhose

It is LEGEAL born male buy and wore PANTYHOSE!!!

When I was 5, I start notice girls, teens, women, and Mom wearing coloring legs. I see it at school, streets, stores, resturants, and church. I WANT to try one pair. It feels wounderful. I REALLY enjoy the feel to the toes up to the waist. I now know why they are wearing HOSIERY!

My Grandma in the mid and late 80's somehow knew I Love to wear PANTYHOSE; she let me borrow hers when I come to her place. We were close in height and shoe size. She grab bunch of HOSES in her dresser drawer to hand it to me. She give me one of her dresses and a pair of heels. She store my femme stuff in a box back wall in her cloest. My Mom discover the box when she die early 90's; I told her I don't want it. No REGREATS!!! I grew in height and feet since her death.

I buy and wore HOSIERY to this day.

Nylon