Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Femme Name/How Did You Decide?

Well~ I first came by the name when I chose it for one of my characters for an online roleplay. I later discovered Veris was the species name of a flower (Primula Veris, a.k.a. cowslip).

I was tickled purple to find that out, Since I loved the name so much, and it's stuck with me for quite a while

mine is easy ..

when i was a kid, all of my friends call me "kherie" which is pronounced "carry" . "kherie" is actually my real name but with added slang from a state in my country. I always like it because its sounds like a girl name. "carry" sounds like Carie . so there u go ..
    Last edited by carie; 08-20-2007 at 04:43 PM.

that was easy. I'd love to hear from some of you other girls.
    Someone commented on this being a sort of a pointless thread. Not so! A name is just as much a part of our feminine being as other aspects.
    We answer all sorts of poles on what type of pantyhose we wear and whether or not we like pantyhose or stockings. A name is even more personal and its history ( if there is one) should be shared.
    Nuff said. :-) Share away.

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Charlene Ogden View Post
    that was easy. I'd love to hear from some of you other girls.
    Someone commented on this being a sort of a pointless thread. Not so! A name is just as much a part of our feminine being as other aspects.
    We answer all sorts of poles on what type of pantyhose we wear and whether or not we like pantyhose or stockings. A name is even more personal and its history ( if there is one) should be shared.
    Nuff said. :-) Share away.
    And since my name history is available on my web site I won't re-post it here. Click the link I added in my signature if you want to read that and/or more about me.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

My name means 'A beautiful composition/creation'. I've always loved the name, so I kept it.
    Rachana

I just liked the name Deborah[Debbie or Debs for short]. Jane is there because it makes my initials! DJ!!!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I have a long history with the name Caroline. I first noticed it as a teen, in the song "Pretty in Pink" (I had a huge crush on Molly Ringwald). I had already started CDing on a regular basic. I was a bit of a loner as an early teen, and didn't have many friends. I lived in a rich fantasy world. In one of the fantasies I was a rock star and one of the members of my band was a tall, tom-boyish girl named Caroline Scott. Years after that, in College, I tried to write a comic book (which I later wrote out as a full length novel). Basically a Metaphor for my teen years. The main character was a 16 year old girl, otherwise normal, who had her genes spliced with a lion, turning her into a Lion Lady. Her name was Caroline Anderson. Years after that I added a middle name, Emily, after Emily Dickenson, since I fancied my femme persona to be something of a poet. So that's how I became Caroline Emily Anderson today.

More than you needed to hear, but someone asked...
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

My name is Ron but since I started my current job 10 years ago, everybody there has called me Ronni and now it is natural. I am sometimes tempted to go to work dressed and blame them for my current addiction.

Coming up with names.

I kinda don't feel like I need a Femme name. But whenever I come up with a name for one of my cartoon characters, I just kinda sit back for a minute and make something up. Maybe I'll look up a name associated somehow with a trait of the character. "Val" is just my User name here. It is a nickname an old girlfriend gave me. Just short for my last name.

wotsername

When I realised I would need a femme name I took the name of my first GF.
    Now many years later my SO asked me how I called myself that and she was never comfortable with it. Now that she is more tolerant and we can talk about my crossdressing, I asked her what was her favourite femme name other than our female relatives. She said Yvonne. Without hesitation I am now Yvonne (Yvonne CD forum username -thanks again Wendy_me). So there you have it - now I'm waffling - sorry !

hugs

Yvonne
    Always remember you're unique... Just like everyone else.

I guess I'm lucky because the name Trinni just came to me while I was wearing a pair of panties and I loved it. In my mind it fit so well I have never thought of changing it. The same goes for the Trinni's last name but I'm going to keep that secret for now.

When I first presented myself dressed to my wife, she said I was remarkably pretty and said I looked like a Jennifer. She also said I reminded her of Katherine Ross. (It was that long ago)

Ever since that day, I have considered myself connected to all Jennifers, and jumped at any chance to see a Katherine Ross flick.

The J on the end was added mostly for alliteration ("jj" has always seemed cool to me), but also as an homage to Joan Severence, my avatar.

jj

Priscilla seems the most femme name I can think of

Decided for me - I took Michelle as a femme version of Mike and a dear friend of mine (GG) shortened it to Mitch - and it fitted me perfectly!

Mitch

I took about 100 names and threw this one out of a hat!

No, I didn't.

Did anyone ever play the game Diablo?? (any PC games in the group?)

Well...here it is in a nutshell.

A few friends and I decided to try this game on-line. In the game, you have the choice of 3 characters...two males and a female. Well...I agreed to 'settle' for the girl character (like I wouldn't have picked her anyway...GIRLS RULE!)

So, I had to decide on a name. What else would you call a badass girl with a bow and arrow that could cast magic spells?? Morgana (after the Arthurian legend...Morgana LeFay!)

Well...for me, this was basically the first time I was 'out'!!

I could be Morgana and no one could ridicule me, because I was the most powerful of the little group! Let me tell you honey, Morgana whipped many-a-ass!!

So...when I decided that I wanted to chose a CD name, I naturally went back to my only 'public' experience as a fem. Morgana got shortened to Morgan (who uses Morgana any more if you aren't of French descent?)

Morgan <---formerly known as Morgana

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    When I first presented myself dressed to my wife, she said I was remarkably pretty and said I looked like a Jennifer. She also said I reminded her of Katherine Ross.
    Most anyone that has seen me dressed says I look like a Lane Bryant. Oh no, wait...that is where they ask me if I shop

Morgan <---shops at Lane Bryant!
    Last edited by Holly; 08-23-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Please do not multi-post. Use the multi-quote function or the EDIT button to add content.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

It is and You are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachana View Post
    My name means 'A beautiful composition/creation'. I've always loved the name, so I kept it.
    the heading for this message says it all but the system would not let me leave nothing after the quote.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

Spur of the moment.

Having finally decided to join, I was asked for a name and was totally unprepared! I tried quickly to think of a name that wouldn't already be in use, and "Ermintrude" was the first name that came to mind.

The only Ermintrude I know was a cow in the children's TV programme "The Magic Roundabout". She always had a flower in her mouth, and was a bit dippy.

Probably a bad choice, since I'm neither bovine nor (I hope) dippy - but I'm stuck with it now. And to be honest, it's kind of grown on me.

It's what my mom would have named me, if I'd been a girl.....BJ

I have always liked the name Lisa and if i had been born the right sex i hope i would have Had that name.

Thanks Rosaliy. Appreciate the complement.
    Rachana

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    It's what my mom would have named me, if I'd been a girl.....BJ
    In that case, my name would have been Jennifer. LOL!
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Ana Banana. It rhymes, not to mention the pun.
    I prefer "AH-nuh Buh-NAH-nuh"

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Charlene has my favorite response.
    Mine doesn't make as much sense.
    I'm Ronna's evil twin sister.
    Ronna got her name from an online single's ad.
    I didn't have any really great ideas so I stole her identity.
    I pretended to be Ronna but people caught on so I had to go incognito.
    I changed my hair color and my name and now nobody knows but me.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Well, my first name could not take well to feminization (no equivalent I know of) So I decided to use a fem version of my middle name---but I didnt like "Martha" or "Margret"---I needed a "M A R" name----My sister is Mary so that was out. One day I saw star trek episode and Troi's real name is MARINA--- I sorta like her look, and the name sounded good, so I took it.

Next, The web server just wouldnt take "Marina." but rather something like "Marina 475868" I didnt need to remember THAT big of a number, so I decided to SPELL the number--as in "MarinaOne"---but I wasnt the only Marina that had that idea--I eventually ended up with "MARINA TWELVE"

Very fun stories ladys...

[SIZE="3"]I am amazed at the variety of different ways at which you have arrived at your names. They are all very interesting.

Here is my story.

As an adolescent/young-adult, my first three girlfriends were named:
    1. Lori
    2. Laurie
    3. Lorrie

My ex once observed that I "must have a 'thing' for that name.

Do the math.

[/SIZE]
    The purpose of accumulating knowledge is to use that knowledge to think!

My Flickr Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11885432@N07/