Thread: Crossdressing in School/College

Crossdressing in School/College

I am a florida college student and i have gone to class twice dressed as my female self. It was truly an odd experience in that some people would just stare and they seemed almost transfixed or paralyzed by my presence. No one approached me outside of class. My class mates seemed split. About half seemed too uncomfortable to look at me and the the other half wanted to know how I was able to walk in heels. It was, for me, a sad reminder that we are still a far way from being fully accepted but it was extremely nice to go out without fear of retribution that others might have faced before me.

Yes, but nobody offered to kick your Ass! That is progress. Sounds like you got tolerance, and maybe from some people you might gain acceptance. I would consider that a worthwhile victory.

If you go to class enfemme many more times, expect a lot more questions. As they grow more comfortable with you, and they perceive that you are approachable, the questions will then start.

You probably know the usual questions, but be ready with your answers...it's an obligation to all the other T-persons.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I admire your courage

I teach at a small college, my arms are shaved, wear girl jeans or slack and wear a little make up daily . I have only had few student say anything one said, I have the same pair of jeans and the other said my nails look great.

Anna

It is what it is
    All I can say is: "WOW! You are so brave!" I would never have been able to do that in college (I just graduated last year, so it wasn't that long ago )

OMG! Congrats to you brave one.

Good for you, I'm very glad you stepped out. Keep the courage up and continue to go forward.

A VERY BIG HUG Sandra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is very cool.

I think you are expressing a part of yourself that otherwise would be hidden and I think it's great!

You have courage and are being open about yourself which is a positive step.

You are doing something a lot of us wish we could have done and college is a good venue to do it.

Be careful though and above all focus on your studies because that is most important.

All my best!

emmi
    xoxo

I would have had to fight the football team had I gone to class in a skirt. Oh, wait, those jerks never went to class anyway. Seriously, hats off to you for doing it!

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Actually, I was on the football team and in the 1970's there was no way I could think (dream yes) about wearing a skirt to class. Go for it Jessica! I think its awesome that you are being yourself...and thanks for including the link to your web page.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Wow! That's great! Courage isn't the word for it, it's beyond that!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Congrats on going to class dressed. I know I couldn't do that. You're braver than me.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Quote Originally Posted by girl_in_pantyhose View Post
    i have gone to class twice dressed as my female self.
    Q: What made you do it? did you simply decide to just show your other half one day?

do you still go to class enfemme?

Thank you for being so Courageous! You are Truely an Inspiration to us all. With what you are doing, it could pave the way for men and boys in the future to express their Femininity. Oh how wonderful if we males could freely wear skirts and dresses - Yes WITH Pantyhose - to school, and be Accepted!

Thanks for being a "Pioneer"!

Patti

Way to go Girl!! it is a dificult trip and I wish you luck.
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

You go girl!

I was closeted in my college days 20-some years ago. My girlfriend (now wife) knew, but nobody else. You know the usual "student stress dream" where you come to class naked? Well my "stress dream" was showing up in class, realizing I was still in my nightie!

I'm happy you're stepping out and meeting with politeness.

Way yo go girl!!!! Attended college en femme starting my soph year...the first year was OK and no problem blending-it was just that inner fear of someone "knowing". Went to nice liberal college (University of Vermont) and last 3 years were en-femme with administration support....just go for your comfort level....the other half of students will just see it a normal after while....again goncrats on your courage

Male skirt

I work in a college and saw a guy in a skirt. It looked like one made for men. It was a hot day. Wish I could. But even if I had a male skirt or utility kilt. It would not be appropriate for staff. decides I have very white legs, I do not tan.

Not exactly cross dressing but did create double takes.

Do you go all the way (wig, makeup corset etc), or just wear a dress? Just wondering.

I have seen women that probably were TG or CD'er at school, but cannot say for sure. I have see many very tall women but
    the questionable ones had heavy makeup, the biggest clue they were TG or CD'ers.

In any case I admire your courage. In some parts of the country and world you would have ended up in the hospital.

I teach (in a very testosterone fueled program) and have many times "dressed down" meaning nothing overt. Sure some of the guys noticed but nothing was said to me or the administration (it would be construed as in violation of diversity policies to complain). My students are there to learn, if they fail that is their problem. My job is to deliver the materials not preach diversity. They know this and respect it.

My ratings of performance are always exceeding the highest averages for the entire academic staff and my student success is similar. In short I work for and with them and they know it. What I know is what they want to know and all else is secondary.

Stick with being yourself, contact the student life center if they have one and make an appt with a counsellor. You will find it to your distinct advantage to do so.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...