Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you tall, short or just right? And are CD's/TS's taller then average?

Are you tall, short or just right? And are CD's/TS's taller then average?

I have noticed a trend that people tend to keep complaining that they are too tall and I keep hearing about people saying they are over 6 feet. So I began to wonder if TG people tend to be taller on average.

I heard that delayed puberty tends to make people taller. So I was wondering if whatever is was that makes someone CD/TS, might also cause delayed puberty.

OR... perhaps only the tall people complain about it....

So here is a chance to find out. Are you really lucky and just right? Or are you too tall? And how tall are you?

Hopefully we won't get just the tall people answering.

It may seem there are more taller CD/TSs because they are the ones commenting about being too tall. Those who are average height or less do not post about it since it is not an issue or problem. A large percent of the male population is going to be taller than the average female which is the reference or comparison source, thus the comparison is between two groups with different averages. In other words, the sample population is skewed is favor of being too tall. I suspect many FTMs probably comment about being too short.

No complaints here I'm a medium/large size 12 (on average) and wear women's size 10 shoes. It's great to be able to have selections! On top of that, my wife gets the stuff that I buy online that I end up not liking as much and/or after shrinking it from wash.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    There were a large number of responses about height recently over in this topic

Nothing like a repeat thread, at least you get different answers from another set of people.
    I do not know about delayed puberty, I thought putting people on the rack made them taller.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The complaint I see is they are taller than the average woman and that makes them stand out. It is true that hormones stop your growth. Males tend to reach puberty later than females so they can grow taller, but I think if anyone did a study on TG hormonal levels they would find that the TGs are on average the same as the population in general.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I feel that I am "just right". I am about 5' 7" and weigh about 140 to 145 lb. I just wish that I have better looking legs!
    Hugs, Carole

Hi, I think I'm just right at 5'7". Have you noticed that young women are getting taller and more developed at an earlier age. Someone I know has a theory that all the hormones we are putting in foods is causing this. I don't think TG people are any taller than the general population My wife is 5'0" but we found an old family photo of her and she was the tallest in that group of relatives..Jaymee
    Last edited by Jaymees22; 03-04-2013 at 06:35 PM.

I always complained to myself that I was too short as a guy. Now I have to stop complaining because I like my height as a woman, 5-6 140 lbs. I agree with Lorileigh that the ones that complain about being too tall are talking about being so tall that they stand out, when in fact most just want to blend in and be less noticed.

I am six foot six in bare feet! I hit my head regularly on lamps, short doors, cars tops, tree limbs, etc. I get so tired of being asked how tall. I don't like some people resenting my height, being envious of me. I am 58, never found a mate yet. It is lonely up here in the clouds. Tall women say they want tall men, but, in REALITY, I quite OFTEN see tall women with men shorter than them, married. I know of many tall single men, that have never found a tall woman to date! I would like to have been shorter, about fiv foot eight or nine, so that i would find women the same size as me. The few women who seem to have wanted me, have been quite short and rotundish. I have befriended those types, but to be true to myself, would not marry one. In my heels, I am close to seven feet tall, which draws a lot of unwanted attention, so i am 99% in the closet. Short people wish they were taller, and some of us tall men wish we were shorter. It is great for basketball, or washing windows, or reaching things, though, but it is lonesome up here.

Platinum Member
    I don't think CDing and height are related. There are several websites that have the average heights for male and females for particular countries. There are genetic components. There are dietary and environment components. We tall CD-ers gripe because we stick out like a saw thumb. When you exceed the averages, male or female, you do attract the eye of the people around you. In wedding the wedding pictures of my brother's first marriage my wife and the bride's wife stick out because they were five foot two or less among a sea of males and female of a minimum height of six foot (females) and six foot two (males).

I have always enjoyed being a tall male. Now, it would be nice to be five foot six so I would easily blend. And, misses sizes usually are made for women five foot seven. It's not easy finding a lot of dresses for a six foot person, male or female.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I'm 5' 11". I'd prefer to be shorter as Michelle, but I like the height I am for the rest of the time.

I'm taller than most women my age (late 50's). It seems each generation of women are on average (or at least the tallest group) are taller that the one before. So I hope to be mistaken for a younger woman that happens to be one of the tallest.

I am slender enough to get away with looking like a younger woman, but it's hard to hid the age in my face completely. My wife tells me Michelle looks at least 10 years younger than her husband.

I am tall for a woman and short for a man. Sometimes I wish I were shorter and skinnier, but when I'm a guy I'm fine with how I am.

Banned Read only
    all of 5" 6" here and honestly can't recall when puberty kicked in but both parents were short so I believe it was in those genetics. I'm sure most are taller than I but Im not sure there is a connection to height, puberty and cd/tg activities.

On a personal note, I'm very happy at my height or lack there of....I can find a ton of heels and appropriate dresses and skirts at this height as well as plenty of men's clothes. Plus my low center of gravity help to run in heels.

Replied in another thread but since OP asked again without hitting "search" :-P
    5'6" 125lbs. (Actually a little less, that's with drab on)

@ 5'10" ish, I'm pretty happy with my height, especially when I hang out with other cross-dressers. Truthfully, I would like smaller feet (currently size 10/11) around size 8.5/9!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

I am 5'4 and I weigh 110lbs (and i wear 7.5 women shoes) ... I am on the smaller side even in girl mode.

Very happy with my figure when i dress ... But finding male clothes that fit is * real concern for me. For this reason i occasionally picked clothes from the women department way before I started to crossdress. We are all shorties in my family, but I am the shortest of the
    boys.

Apart of that clothes concern, I am OK with my height, it matches my inner self quite well (in male mode I am a boyish twink attracted to manly +6'5"/200lbs men and well ... My built seems to work quite well for that ..) .... I always thought my height would be a concern if I was a straight guy though ...

I'm 6'3" and just under 200 lbs... just got my first pair of women's size 13 heels, lol (thank god for the internet).

I have never wished I was taller or shorter in either mode. I have always been just right at 5'5, and currently a size 12.

I'm 5'6" (or 167.7cm) in height.
    I doubt there is a percentile of average heights of CD/TG/TS people....we run the gamut.

Standing flat on my feet, shoulders back and back straight, I am 6'1".
    I DO NOT wear heels out and about if I can help it, which is unfortunate; because I love walking in them.
    I've always been tall, and kind of self-conscious about it. I learned early on (age of 15 or so, when I achieved the 6ft mark. My puberty was not at all delayed.), to walk with a deceptive slouched sort of swagger to diminish my height amidst loose clothing. Fully dressed, my height is patently impossible to conceal. Being that males are generally taller than females on average, my impulse is to say yes, most CD/TS are taller than average, especially in heels. HOWEVER: Genetic females are not ALL shorter than males. I've seen quite a few that are taller than average, and some that even dwarf the average height of men. SO...In the spirit of "everyone is different", I will answer No. CD/TS aren't taller than average. There is no average for us, and I'm fine with that.

PS> I am editing here with this post scipt, to register my amusement; NathalieX66 (who posted below a mere 2 minutes before I was finished proof-reading) not only beat me to the punch with the point, but she summarized it better. lolololol
    Last edited by Nikki50/50; 03-05-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: LOL!!

I'm 6'2" and I'm fine with that. I've always been partial to tall women,and I love being one. Only problem is,my height is one major reason I stay in the closet. I'd just stand out too much.

At 5'12" I think I'm a little taller than I would care to be. Shrink me about 5 inches and I would appreciate it very much. Of course you will have to keep me proportional, I don't want to be this weight when I'm shorter...lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

5'9" but could do with losing a bit of weight.

I'm 5'7", which is rather small for a man. But I am not satisfied with my weight which is around 160 lbs, and I wish I would lose a lot of my weight to be around 120 lbs. It would make me look rather slim and feminine.
    But I'm happy with my legs and feet because my legs are not so thick considering my weight and my feet are small for a man.
    I wear size 8 1/2 or 9 shoes and can choose most of the styles I want because there are many choices in those sizes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life in women's dresses, pantyhose, stiletto heels, mini skirts, wigs and gorgeous makeup is so alluring and addictive.
    I wish the day would come when my feminine look is welcomed and I can live as a woman out in public.