Thread: The Full Moon, does it affect you???

Smile The Full Moon, does it affect you???

Hello All!!!!
    I am curious, although I don't get to dress as often as I would like, every time there is a full moon, including the few days before and the few days after I find myself getting the urge to dress very strong! I will find a way to make some personal time late at night and get totally dressed for at least a little while. Sometimes I try on other days but for some reason it just gets messed up... But on the full Moon I always seem to find the time to dress!
    Just curious, does this happen to anyone else who does not get the opportunity very often????
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

mmmmmmmm, i haven't think about that, but as i have all my pics from the last 2 years sorted by dates, i'll check it and then i'll give you an answer.

Odd that you should notice that. I also notice I get hair growing all over my body and develop an overwhelming craving for blood. Hmmmm, I never notice before how long my K9 teeth are, hmmmm.

It keeps me awake at night.... Shines right into the bedroom window.... And I howl a lot.... More...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The full moon always reminds of my son. He was born on a night of a full eclipse of a full moon. I'm not sure what the significance of that is, but I remember it all the same.

i have checked my pics and they don't seem to follow a pattern related to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    It keeps me awake at night.... Shines right into the bedroom window.... And I howl a lot.... More...
    Yeah, and there's more to shave.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Have you seen the Doctor Who episode about werewolves andQueen Victoria?? Somehow this reminds me!!

I dare not go out on nights of a full moon, if I do I turn into a vampire, BWAAA!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyT View Post
    But on the full Moon I always seem to find the time to dress!
    Just curious, does this happen to anyone else who does not get the opportunity very often????
    [SIZE="4"]Nope, doesn't seem to affect me in the slightest.[/SIZE]

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I used to be a werewolf....but I'm alright nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Seriously, the idea of how much light being reflected by the sun off the surface of the moon, could affect anything to do with human behaviour, baffles me.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Seriously, the idea of how much light being reflected by the sun off the surface of the moon, could affect anything to do with human behaviour, baffles me.
    In Vietnam, the troops dreaded moonless nights. That doesn't have anything to do with vampires or werewolves, of course, but it's something I once read, and I can see how it could be true.

Random non-werewolf thought...

In some of the magazines I buy, they talk about astrology. (Yeah, they're trash magazines...whatever). I always have found astrology rather interesting...it's one of those guilty things that I read that I don't really believe in, but still am highly interested in learning about... Much like scientology and the theories on Ancient Aliens.

Anyway, according to astrologists, Cancer is one of the most feminine signs of the zodiac. Even Cancer males can be quite feminine. (I stored this into my memory because my SO is a Cancer). Cancer happens to be supposedly influenced by the moon and it can affect this person's moods and behaviors.

I don't know if you are a Cancer or not...or, if you find astrology interesting. However, your post kind of came off as someone who might be interested in something like that. Might be something to look into
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

The full moon should affect me. I found my grandfather's birth certificate that says he was born in Transylvania (true story). I guess it did already since I'm TG.

I do have a little hair on the top of my ears I need to trim too, but I suspect that is normal?

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Yeah the full moon always makes me a bit wilder too, always has. Nowadays that means full on dressing, trying new things with make-up and style. Usually I'm content with just partial dressing, but I have to go all the way when mother moon shows her full face.

But it isn't just me, or crossdressers in general. Criminals and police are more active on a full moon night. Hospitals and casualty centers are busier during those nights too. More babies are conceived when the moon is plump and round for crying out loud! Not only is it a beautiful site, but it's not for nothing that we have words like 'Lunacy' (root word Luna) and legends like the werewolf that are pervasive in many different cultures throughout the world. There has to be something to it IMHO, maybe it's an evolutionary response. It is brighter on a full moon night, and so in the age before electric lighting it was easier to get stuff done with the extra illumination. We homo-sapiens are smart, sophisticated and all that stuff, but we're still basically animals at the end of the day.

I always enjoy a full moon! It gives me a chance to be a real she-wolf! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I too am affected by the full moon. My mood seems to shift and either I get wound up or just the opposite and little to no energy. My wife hates it and I have no control over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    In Vietnam, the troops dreaded moonless nights. That doesn't have anything to do with vampires or werewolves, of course, but it's something I once read, and I can see how it could be true.
    Well, yes.....I see how in a practical sense like that (I'm assuming because moonlight helped with visibility in the jungle in Viet Nam) but I was referring to silly notions about the moon having influence on how people behave (i.e. acting crazy) And indeed the word lunacy or lunatic is based on the word describing the moon: lunar. All based on the early notion that the full moon caused madness.

I find it very difficult to sleep during a full moon. If I wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night, I will usually look outside and see a full moon. It is not the light that bothers me because I have black out shades in my bedroom. I think it is a change in gravitational pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Well, yes.....I see how in a practical sense like that (I'm assuming because moonlight helped with visibility in the jungle in Viet Nam) but I was referring to silly notions about the moon having influence on how people behave (i.e. acting crazy) And indeed the word lunacy or lunatic is based on the word describing the moon: lunar. All based on the early notion that the full moon caused madness.
    I know what you meant, Piora. I was just being cute.

Best wishes, Annabelle.

not to be a contrarian or anything, but it is awfully easy to make fun of this full moon business with werewolf jokes and whatnot, but the whole idea of the moon transforming someone has its origins somewhere. I figure if the moon can effect the ocean and the tides, it may not be that much of a stretch to imagine that it may have some effect on our behaviors or attitudes. You can't minimize the effects of a twenty-eight day cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    I find it very difficult to sleep during a full moon. If I wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night, I will usually look outside and see a full moon. It is not the light that bothers me because I have black out shades in my bedroom. I think it is a change in gravitational pull.
    Well, no....the moon is still there whether light is reflected off it (full moon, 1st quarter, etc.) or not (new moon) It's no denser, or a different distance from the earth that would cause gravity to be changed significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    I know what you meant, Piora. I was just being cute.
    Sorry....I couldn't detect sarcasm from the printed word.....

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    not to be a contrarian or anything, but it is awfully easy to make fun of this full moon business with werewolf jokes and whatnot, but the whole idea of the moon transforming someone has its origins somewhere.
    It does.....in deep-rooted superstition, back 3,000 years ago, when they thought the moon was something supernatural, and was worshiped as a deity.

I figure if the moon can effect the ocean and the tides, it may not be that much of a stretch to imagine that it may have some effect on our behaviors or attitudes. You can't minimize the effects of a twenty-eight day cycle.
    Chances are....you're right. But that gravitational effect would be consistent - and those effects are not governed by the amount of light being reflected off it.

However, this is getting away from the original poster's theme and turning into a scientific discussion. Suffice to say, I don't think the moon's reflected light can have any effect on our behaviour.
    Last edited by Piora; 01-10-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: clarification

If I go out (which is rare) a full moon always makes my makeup look terrible. I prefer a new moon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Krista1985 View Post
    But it isn't just me, or crossdressers in general. Criminals and police are more active on a full moon night. Hospitals and casualty centers are busier during those nights too. More babies are conceived when the moon is plump and round for crying out loud! Not only is it a beautiful site, but it's not for nothing that we have words like 'Lunacy' (root word Luna) and legends like the werewolf that are pervasive in many different cultures throughout the world. There has to be something to it IMHO, maybe it's an evolutionary response. It is brighter on a full moon night, and so in the age before electric lighting it was easier to get stuff done with the extra illumination. We homo-sapiens are smart, sophisticated and all that stuff, but we're still basically animals at the end of the day.
    It's not just cross dressers, all types of security people tell you that there are more crazies out during a full moon.
    Maybe God knows why?
    Is he on the forum, or maybe a moderator.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Absolutely thought I was the only one. It's pretty incredible how the urge waxes and wanes with the lunar phases.