Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anybody tried a transformation service?

Has Anybody tried a transformation service?

Although I have been CD'ing for many years, I have always made up my own clothing, makeup, appearance, etc. and have kept this completely to myself. I feel that my femme appearance is that of a 'guy trying to look like a girl' rather than really feminine.

I want to 'step out' a bit - but without a lot of embarrassment, etc. I am considering a visit to a place in Atlanta called "Explore Your Feminine Side". From their website, it would appear that I could visit there for several hours (or even overnight), be assisted in proper foundations, dresses, wigs, makeup, walking and talking more feminine and perhaps even venturing "out" en femme in a strange city.

Has anyone experienced such a service? The service would appear to be a great match for my interests and fears - if it is for real. Are there other places such as this that I should consider? I feel that actually talking to someone about my CD would help me emotionally and give me more confidence.

Are there other alternatives? How about local meet-up groups? Are they really private or would I feel completely out of place? What do you think?

I've been to Janet's Closet in Detroit twice. Guess going twice shows that i loved it. If I hadn't moved away I'd go again.
    Last edited by insearchofme; 12-03-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Dana Fleming

There is another lady in the Atlanta area that does the same thing. Check out her site at www.phoebecross.com. I used her once over 10 years ago and she is a really sweet lady. Her place is pretty far out in the country, but she will definitely treat you with respect. The "Explore Your Feminine Side" place may be a lot more convenient for you, but I haven't heard her ever mentioned before.

Yes there are many locations like that around. Here in Vegas alot of us go to Glamour Boutique 2 the girls there do a great job of transforming us and they have tours and events all the time. We also go there just to hang out and visit dressed or in drab. P.S. My avaitar pic was taken there.

Life is like a box of..
    They need this in every state
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    -Ashley Smith

I have tried those services twice in two different places and I can tell you that is a great experience, both times I was quite nervous when I arrived and knock the door, the first time in the first transformation house I was received by a GG that was really kind with me, and almost inmediatly she makes me feal real comfortable, she only ask for my girly name, and explained to me everything, and let me choose what ever I wanted to wear and make a wonderful job with my makeup, it was the first time that I really felt like a woman, the second time was at another transformation house, but this time I was attended by a beautiful CD, it was also a great time, everybody should try that experience!!!

If you find yourself in Toronto, you should check out Take A Walk On The Wildside (http://www.wildside.org). And I've not had a makeover at Janet's Closet yet, but shopped plenty there!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoie View Post
    They need this in every state
    A big [SIZE="4"]AMEN[/SIZE] to that!
    As far as i know the closest we have to this is a make-up salon that employs a TG person who will do a basic make-up transformation.
    Others here i have spoken to have been to Sephora and MAC, but i don't know of a full service place anywhere in Idaho. There is a place in the Reno, Nv. area, but i don't believe they provide clothing.
    mj (Cassie)

I've been to Jamie Austin up here in Mass. like....8 times if memory serves. Lots of fun!!

I went years ago my first time out of the closet , it was fun it was my first time with a wig ,they tend to give you a drag queen look
    its good if you don't have the opportunity to dress at home ,but its best to learn to do it yourself

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I've been to Janet's Closet in Detroit twice. Guess going twice shows that i loved it. If I hadn't moved away I'd go again.
    God your statment brings back memories I had forgotten. Back in my crossdressing days I too went to Janet's when i lived in Michigan. She was impressive and had the ability to make a guy (as the world saw) look very much like a girl.

Thinking back perhaps her services were one of the catalists for getting me the strength to transition. Now days life as a girl is all I have but I will always remember Janet.

Katie

Count me in as also a person who has gone to Janet's Closet. More times than my wallet or purse cares to remember. Tips from her and her staff have been of a great benefit.

I wish there was a place here in Cincinnati. I would love to go.

I have been to Phoebe Cross near Atlanta once. It was one of the best experiences ever. I have no way of knowing whether everyone who provides this service is as warm and accepting as her, but you won't know until you go.

I have been to many in the last 7 years, and have never had a bad experience. I especially enjoy the ones who have their own clothes and wigs and costumes, so you can try for a new look. My favorites are Gina in LA and Stephanie Danderson in Vegas.
    You can stay overnight with Phoebe Cross and play in her huge closet. Vicki Rene has a section on transformation service web site from all over the world, although some are no longer active. Most have service and price lists and galleries.
    Denise DeMann

The only thing I might add is that these services usually cost a lot of money but if you need some help getting ready for the "outside" take lessons there instead of just the transformation the additional cost will set you free to do it yourself later.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I went to Femme X in Dallas. I had a great time and my avatar pic was taken then. The only problem is that it did cost a lot of money.
    Now days I go out when I want to and I can try on clothes in the store.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Great question. I was at a place in Toronto, and I loved the transformation. After paying the fee, the customer could select the look and spend the day at the establisment. I also had several session at a place in Buffalo, NY (now closed) called Miss Suzie's. I have nothing but great memories of those places.

I'm considering having my first make over at Janet's Closet. I'm a little nervous about making the trip and then backing-out at the last minute. I was also wondering how long it takes to complete.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    These services can be a bit expensive, but they are a great opportunity for a new T Gal to get her "Galness On" out side of the boudoir or a hotel room. My memoiries of my transformation experiences are wonderful milestones on my femme journey. I went to a couple of transformation salons a few years back when Suzanne was just steppin out into the world. I don't even know if they still exist. One was Roris in Chicago and the other was Lydia's TV in LA. Both were wonderful shops and I indulged in a make-over/lesson at both.

The techniques that they teach at these salons and the makeup they sell are typically way heavier than I have grown to like. However, the basic shadowing techniques have served me well as I have grown as a woman. I will also say that these salons do not compare in the least to the feeling of sitting in the middle of a Nordies or Macy's getting a makeover or the pampering you get in a good nail salon.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    In my many years as a CD I have been to many Transformation places. In my own opinion, Phoebe's in Atlanta is absolutely the best available. Now having said that, I will add that I have never been to a bad one. It is just that she is so good, you will definitely feel like the girl that you hope to be when there. She almost made me change my mind about never becoming a female!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    These services can be a bit expensive, but they are a great opportunity for a new T Gal to get her "Galness On" out side of the boudoir or a hotel room. My memoiries of my transformation experiences are wonderful milestones on my femme journey. .
    Ditto, exactly!....That's how I started.
    And precisely 14 months ago. I went to Glamour Boutique in New Jersey.

However, afterwards I learned a lot in a very short time, mustered the courage to sit in a chair and have makeup applied to my face by pros at M.A.C, and Bare Esscentuals. Now they know me by name.

She was amazing

As a senior citizen, you have to look a little harder to find a comfortable place to have a makeover and I did find such a place. My last trip to Vegas I went to the Tgirlstore.com and had it done by Stephanie. I have had makeovers before and have tried so hard to do the make up myself, not really satisfied most times. She did a wonderful job. I could not believe my eyes when she finished. I feeled great. My avatar was from a makeover in Vegas, the pic in my profile was from the Tgirlstore.
    Last edited by Nancie64; 05-08-2011 at 10:10 PM.

In Vegas

Hiya, I went to one in Vegas (Just You - Glamour Botique 2) when I got married there in 2009 and had my makeup done and it was great. I was the bride (of course!!) and was all dressed up in my wedding dress. I have some photos on my profile. It was the first time I had ever had it done professionally and I was very happy with the results.
    IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!!

just wondering...as far as reputation or just reccomendations is there one or 2 services like these that regardless of location is worth the price totally? I havent come across any as of yet..that have caught my eye. I wish there were more before and after photos. I see alot of drag queens online and at shows and stuff and kinda think wish they did those services...because alot of them...you cant tell at all. makeup and everything is just flawless.