Thread: Rocky Horror Picture show

Rocky Horror Picture show

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Not sure if anyone has ventured out to see this lately...if it's playing in your area. But there is a theater that will be running midnight showings of this 10 minutes from my house soon. My gf and I have been looking for a cd friendly night out other than at a bar or dance club. Is this still a safe bet?...anyone???

On Hiatus
    No one should think anything of it, given the nature of the production and the extent to which the audience members participate.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

I don't think there is a cd friendly night because everyone is dressed in something...I would think there might be a dress in drab night for those who are inept and dressing in character. Go have fun n your terms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

Sure thing, go and enjoy yourself. I love that movie and have attended at least 20 midnight showings.

The appeal of the movie is dressing up and letting your hair down.
    It has made LOTS of money for the producers because of the type of audience that attends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Rocky Horror

The classic cult film. to end all.

and there are tons of them.

Banned Read only
    If you love the movie, yes. But is it not for "cross dressing" rather those that dress like some of the characters cross dress. Since you have a girlfriend who supports you, just go to dinner and a movie as girlfriends. No one cares.

In Atlanta, it's a great place to go crossdressed. The live cast of the show encourages crossdressing by the audience as well as dressing like the characters on screen. It is not like going to any other movie you have ever watched. In fact, it's hard to watch the movie itself as there is so much going on in front of the screen and throughout the theater. You just have to not mind being out pretty late. The box office in the theater doesn't open until midnight and you don't get out until about 2:30 AM.

There's a mostly straight bar (The Righteous Room) next door to the Plaza Theatre in Atlanta where a lot of the audience regularly gather before the show, and it is very crossdresser friendly. It's a great place to hang out and make new friends before going to the movie.

I most recently went to the show with another CD friend just a few weeks ago. It was great fun and every performance is a bit different. The photo below is from when I went about a year ago. I am wearing my interpretation of the costume for the character "Janet".

Image007a.jpg
    Phoebe

What is so funny about this thread is that I watched the latest episode of CHEATERS this past weekend and the first segment involved a guy cheating on his girlfriend with a girl who he went shopping for a boa, lingerie, etc. for them to go to Rocky Horror. Clark and the girlfriend seemed to make a bigger deal out of his makeup, lingerie, etc. than the cheating.
    As I told my SO, I don't see any problem with dressing like that to to go Rocky Horror, but if he were dressing like that to go grocery shopping, say, that would be a different issue.

They used to have midnight showing near my home. 80% of the people would be dressed for the parts in the move. It was a blast.

Why not give it a try? Can't hurt. Even if no one else dresses up, you two will still have fun. ;-)

Also, there's the Chicagoland T Girls, and members go to various places every week, and not just places traditionally thought of as gender-friendly, might want to check them out for future activities.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 02-25-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    My name is Carol.

Definitely safe. A local theater does Rocky once a year and I always go. Glam it up a bit and have fun.

[picture from last fall's Rocky outing. I'm on left, of course with a theater worker]
    Last edited by Taylor186; 02-25-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Rocky Horror

The only 2 occasions I've been out dressed were for Rocky Horror.

Both as Frank.

In Nottingham, EVERYONE dressed up. The women as French Maids and the vast majority of men as Frank (there were a few Eddie's). In Hackney, London about 5 of the male crowd did. Travelled across London on the tube in full outfit and no one said a word
    (I was with 4 French Maids. My GF at the time, her sister, best friend and Mum)

It was a blast.

Dressing up for RHPS is sort of the idea. The movie is not Oscar material. The script will never get a Pulitzer. Whats left? Get dressed up (as a cast member or just as YOU) and have fun. Take a newspaper and some toast
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well thank you ladies for the insight. I think we'll do it.

Pretty old movie....1975. Tim Curry/Susan Sarandon.

I don't need a movie to justify the fact that I prefer to be, or dress as female.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Pretty old movie....1975. Tim Curry/Susan Sarandon.

I don't need a movie to justify the fact that I prefer to be, or dress as female.
    You don't go to Rocky to watch a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Pretty old movie....1975...
    That's not old! Persephone and I went to see movies from the '20s last Friday! And yes, one of them involved CDing!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

MY wife loves that movie, she has gone to the movies to see it. I have yet to. Last year they played it here. Maybe I'll take the wife and dress. MMMMM let me see as frank or a maid??? decisions decisions, LOL

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????