Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you hotter than your SO?

The OP was supposed to be a joke? Ah. Good to know.

Maybe we could skip this week's discussion of a symbol we could use to identify other CDs on the street and work on a symbol we could use to indicate we're being funny.

Reine, I don't think the op wanted a serious discussion about this topic. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I still maintain that many times a member throws out a thread that they think is humorous and people over react.

it was a double entendre. I am waiting for it to go off the rails but I think it's interesting how so many read it as looks...does anyone here see why CDs have a reputation with GGs?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    No she's hotter then me. She keeps me warm on the long cold winter nights!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdterri View Post
    Reine, I don't think the op wanted a serious discussion about this topic. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I still maintain that many times a member throws out a thread that they think is humorous and people over react.
    No need to apologize, it's what we do here, we talk about things.

As to being humorous, this is hard to do in a forum where all we have is the written word. We can't hear the person's tone of voice, we can't read their facial expression or their body language, we can't see them wink (this is actually why we have smileys here, to convey motives that are difficult to convey using only the written word) and this is especially true when someone makes a joke about this when many others have said, in all seriousness, that they were hotter than their wives. A joke works best when it is obvious that it is a joke to everyone, which apparently is not the case here.

Also there are people who hide their true motives behind jokes. My ex was like this. He'd be unhappy about something but rather than come out and say it, he'd make a passive-aggressive joke in an attempt to communicate his feelings. You could tell that it wasn't a joke because it spoke to issues and not neutral things. Likewise, the desire by many CDers to pass or be considered attractive is a real one, which makes "jokes" about being more attractive than their SO's questionable.

Honestly at first I thought it was a joke too, albeit in poor taste, given the prior issues with saying things like that in this forum. This is why I answered "I will not say anything" three times with a smiley and even typed earlier that I thought it was tongue-in-cheek. But reading other people's reactions, I'm now questioning the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I am waiting for it to go off the rails but I think it's interesting how so many read it as looks...does anyone here see why CDs have a reputation with GGs?
    People read it as looks because there have been umpteen posts by CDers in the past about thinking themselves hotter than GGs. It's been a recurring theme here for years. So it doesn't surprise me that people didn't see the double entendre, if it WAS a double entendre.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-02-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Reine

Yes, this is a topic that comes up every so often, being hotter than or better looking than. It always ends up with the OP, or those that support the idea that it may be possible, being criticized for thinking that way. What is considered better looking or hotter than anyway? I think that one part may be those that are better looking and hotter on the inside as being beautiful people and then it is not necessary to consider the outside. So, that could mean that a good looking hot person on the inside may not be so much on the outside. The same could be said in reverse, that someone good looking and hot on the outside is more than ugly once you get to know their true personality. It all depends on how someone defines what is hot and what is good looking. I would say that the majority of comments like these are based only on physical looks and presentation. That presentation does not have to be sexy and over the top to meet that criteria. It actually would probably be detrimental for them for some people, i.e. too far over the top.

People sometimes state that a man could never look better nor hotter than a woman when presenting as one. Since many people, both men and women, are visual people when looking at another person (have you never seen a woman give the once over to another woman when passing by?), I will say that yes, some men presenting as women may be able to be better looking and hotter looking than some GG's. Note that I said some. Remember that some GG's can visually look better and hotter than other GG's. That does not mean that in all aspects he will pull it off, maybe some mannerism, voice or other thing may create a doubt in someone's mind. I will also say that some FtM CD's or TS's can and do also look better than a lot of genetic men out there too. I have seen both sides of this controversial comment coin.

These opinions have nothing to do with whether someone is more a woman than someone else, nor is it usually meant to be negative toward women. Some people just "look" better than other people on the outside. Getting to know the person on the inside may complete that picture or ruin it.

The problem I have with this type of post is that any cd (not including aTS) who thinks for one minute that they are hotter than any GG needs to take a second look in the mirror. I don't care how much you paint your face, what forms you wear, or how pretty your clothes are you are a man pretending to be a woman. Any GG no matter how overweight, homily or anything else someone might think is not feminine is much more beautiful and HOT than any cd can ever be.

I'm much hotter than my SO... 10 degrees at least (apparently I get hotter the longer I sleep). But we are talking temperature not looks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdterri View Post
    Any GG no matter how overweight, homily or anything else someone might think is not feminine is much more beautiful and HOT than any cd can ever be.
    Sorry Terri, I just don't agree. I've met enough hot CDs and enough very masculine-looking women to know that it's just not true.

Platinum Member
    Hi Robin, Let me put this as delicate as I can, My wife only likes wearing loose denim capris and baggy tops
    It would take an act of congress to get her to dress to the Nines the way I like to dress up.

So I will throw out the shovel and not dig the hole I'm in any deeper
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have never had a wife or SO,but decades ago some platonic lady friends. If they would dressup like i do, they would be as hot, or hotter, but i am saddened to say, that in these parts where i live, when i am all dolled up, i look hotter than the vast majority of GG's. I also would bet, that in the office building section of town, many more GG's who work to look great, and are dressed up in skirts and heel, and dresses, put me to shame. I agree with Ally about having inner beauty, but this thread is mainly just about hot looks.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-02-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Here's a single entendre for you:

Beauty (and therefore hotness) is in the eye of the beer-holder... :

I wonder how many of you are posting complimentary stuff about your SOs just because you know they'll read it...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm hotter than her, she always cuddles up to get warm.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I'm hotter than her, she always cuddles up to get warm.
    LOL! That's true. That describes me and my SO exactly. I don't know how I managed on cold nights before we moved in together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    If they would dressup like i do, they would be as hot, or hotter, but i am saddened to say, that in these parts where i live, when i am all dolled up, i look hotter than the vast majority of GG's.
    There! This may be why there is such a difference in understanding between the people in this thread!

I'm referring to the fact that some of you equate hotness with clothes! Whereas to other people (like me) hotness transcends the clothes. A woman can be hot in a burlap bag and an exquisitely dressed CDer can be not so hot. Here's an example. Who is hotter?

1. This woman: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...47_634x517.jpg

2. Or this one: http://g02.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Aa5YG...Xq6xXFXXXV.jpg

The first woman has coiffed and frosted hair, eye makeup and lipstick, jewelry, and she is wearing a see through jacket elaborately embroidered with flowers over a blue dress.

The second woman is wearing a plain white sweater and torn blue jeans with sneakers, and no jewelry. I can't tell if she has lipstick on or not.

So based on the clothes criteria, the first woman should be hotter, right? But she isn't. And this is because hotness (strictly physical hotness if it is a person you do not know) has nothing to do with clothes and makeup. It has everything to do with bone structure, the shape of facial features, body size and shape, and age. So why do some of you describe hotness in terms of makeup, jewelry and clothes?

Of course in real life, hotness is much more than basic physical appearance (or clothes): there is the mind, the personality and everything associated with this.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-02-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Reine

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Nope!

She is the REAL DEAL so I can never ever be hotter than her. Plus she is just hot anyway. And with a sharp mind, great sense of humor, a great pilot, races boats, rides motorcycle, loves to travel, and is just plain fun to be with, even her mind is hot.

Nope!

I am a Yugo painted Ferrari red. She is a Ferrari painted red.

Banned Read only
    Wow, boom goes the dynamite! 😲 The OP wasn't really intended for serious thought provoking, phsycological analysis nor was it really meant to be funny (OK, maybe a little bit)....it WAS intended to stir up some conversation though and almost 1500 views in 24 hours, did it not do that LOL 😃...oops, I'm not laughing...😐

Robin, it makes sense that discussion will ensue when you introduce a contentious topic.

Gosh, can you imagine the responses if someone posted, "How many of you think that TSs are glorified CDs", or "How many of you believe that you are all TSs in denial", or "How many of you think that your wives are jealous of your looks". Or how about "How many of you believe yourselves to be lesbian".

So yeah. There are some hot issues with major differences of opinions in a forum as diverse as this one. This is hardly surprising.

The definition for internet troll is, "Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. https://www.google.com/search?q=trol...sm=91&ie=UTF-8

This isn't what you were doing, is it?
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-02-2015 at 11:29 PM.
    Reine

Personally, I took the question with a grain of salt and answered with a bit of cheekiness.
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    Am I hotter then my SO? Haha I wish xxx

When I had the figure and was eighteen, my girlfriends could make me look as good as they were.

Sometimes I would attract guys at a party and I then had to be rescued.

Looking hot has it's disadvantages sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, God, I hope it was meant to be funny. It is what Zen Buddists consider 'mu' question:

"The word features prominently with a similar meaning in Douglas Hofstadter's 1979 book, Gödel, Escher, Bach. It is used fancifully in discussions of symbolic logic,
    particularly Gödel's incompleteness theorems, to indicate a question whose "answer" is to

un-ask the question,
    indicate the question is fundamentally flawed, or reject the premise that a dualistic answer can or will be given.
    "Mu" may be used similarly to "N/A" or "not applicable," a term often used to indicate the question cannot be answered because the conditions of the question
    do not match the reality. A layperson's example of this concept is often invoked by the loaded question "Have you stopped beating your wife?",to which "mu" would be the only respectable response."

Finally, a question that I can answer with complete confidence! I am most definitely NOT hotter that my wife.

My gf is bloody gorgeous. We have different looks but i can still never beat her in the beauty stakes.

Reine, I respect where you are coming from, and you always make sense, but this one rare time, where i will agree to disagree. Speaking only for me, most clothes that are the norm the last 40 years, are a turn off to me. Sorry. I have seen women i normally am quite attracted to, turn me off, by the way they dress! Sorry. On the other hand, i have seen women i usually am not attracted to, because of size, figure, face, yada yada, actually catch my eye, and attraction, byt the way they are dressed, and i mean modest, not sexy stuff.

The most hilarious thing in this thread is the push pull between some who seriously discuss and others taking humorous tone. I Enjoyed you all.

"Hot" implies allure or sex-appeal. It is about someone who intrigues us sexually . Why else use the word, though as an elder I am probably ignorant of common usage. So as some have said, it is not about clothing. Hot clothing works for those who are totally visually oriented, but so many people look deeper.

I am GG. I occasionally meet someone who finds my enthusiastic smile alluring, but as a elder who does not bother with makeup and who is in a wheelchair, most people do not even see me. I am more male gender identified, the type of woman who always wore jeans and T-shirts, never ever wore make-up. My guy found me hot because I was in love with him. People look gorgeous when they are in love. He still sees something inside that turns him on and kisses me with gusto every morning. I treasure that. So to him I'm hot, but to almost no one else.

My guy is also older, so will not attract the Miley Cyrus fans. When dressed he has a great ass, an incongruous beer belly, and good taste in clothing. Sometimes he dresses like The Church Lady and he makes a very alluring Church Lady. Sometimes he goes for miniskirts and I love to run my hands up those stockinged legs under his short skirt.

Yes, to me he is often hot, and he has gotten the occasional proposition when out. I am too serious today...

No, never going to be. Not going to happen. However she thinks that my legs look amazing in stockings and heels. Could be a hint of jealousy..... I don't think so.