Thread: I finally had the talk

I finally had the talk

No, not that talk, a different one.

I've had my toes painted for three and a half months now, first teal and now bright red. And, they have been fully exposed in yoga class 2 to 3 times a week.

One of the GGs in class finally asked me if there was any reason my toes were painted.

I told her that I liked it, and I thought the looked cool.

I told hr that I got the idea from my daughter who used to do holiday-themed colors all the time.

I told her that I started doing holiday themes for Christmas, Halloween and Easter, and then started doing regular customers.

We've talked about her nail polish before, and I know she gets her nails done every two weeks. And she always changes colors when she gets them done.

She wanted to now if I got a pedi, and I told her I did, because I just couldn't seem to paint within the lines. She admitted that she can't paint her own toe nails either.

She told me that she's seen men a number of times at her nail salon, but they always get clear polish, not color.

She said she was asking because her husband has neuropathy, and she's trying to get him to gt a pedi because she thinks it will make his feet feel better.

I guess she's been dying to ask me for a while now, and finally got up the guts to do it.

I also told her that I love getting a pedi. I told her it's a great experience and one of the biggest secrets of womanhood.

So, for a while I couldn't tell if no one noticed, or if they did notice but were too polite or too afraid to say anything. I guess I have one answer to that question.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My fiancé wanted to take me for a pedicure but I was too embarrassed to go. Maybe I'll reconsider going if it seems like guys go there often. I love having my toes painted too but never show them while out and about. That sounds like it would be fun though.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I was surprised one day when my wife took me to have one done but no color.
    I do hope to go again at some point and this time get color
    Great story hon

The Mad Scientist
    I have had my toes painted, I have had a professional pedi.
    However, never both at the same time....LOL

Seriously, my SO hates feet. Really hates feet. She would be OK if I never ever touched hers.
    The fact that she gives me an awesome pedi and then paints and then clear coats the toes...is a sign of true love to me.
    Of course, I do let her glove up first. Ha ha ha

Love the purple colors.

She is the best!

Getting a pedi is awesome! My feet always feel wonderful after getting one. Trust me pay the little bit extra for the full spa pedi. The foot massage and the lower leg massage is so relaxing, especially on shaved legs. I usually get clear in the summer months and red or pink the rest of the year. Last time I got the french tip and when I've worn sandals nobody has said anything about it. The salon I go to never questions me getting clear or colors. They have men in all the time and they want to please the customer. Happy customers tip better!

Thanks for this thread Steffi and thanks for all your experiences girls. I have been thinking about going for a pedi but have been a little scared. This may have just made my decision.

I started getting Pedi's with my wife a couple of years ago. They are wonderful. I really love the leg rubs. About 3 Pedi's ago I had my nails painted black. The lady smiled and painted them. they looked great. The next time I just had clear. This time I had brown. I jokingly said I wanted to match my sandals. The lady I had got all nervous and kept looking at my wife. My wife looked at her and said with no big deal. Hey, he likes to do it. In the year of having my nails colored. I'm always in sandals.(We live in Fl.) nobody has said a word and I have never seen anybody even look.

I have been in with my wife one time to get a pedi. My wife told them to give him a pedi and a hot rock massage on the calves. I get ingrown toe nails and had usually just cut them out myself. I felt really stupid at first sitting in the chairs and women on both sides of me. We started talking and one lady said I've been trying to get my hubby in here cause his toes are awful and he won't come in. She also asked me later what color I was gonna get and I playing all macho said none just getting rid of the I browns, but deep down I wanted to say bright red..... That's what my wife got on hers. I hope more men would start going and then I might start making it a regular thing but we'd be the last place todo that out here in West Texas.

Once, my wife talked me into a pedi. I was so uncomfortable, sitting there, feeling like I was giving myself away, and when she asked about color, I acted shocked at such a question, and went with clear, I also wish I had manned up and asked for bright red, that is my fav.
    Now I live in a town, I doubt I would find another man in there, and would really look out of place. Some times I miss living in the city.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I now get a mani pedi on a regular basis with color on both. I love it and wonder why I was so afraid of showing color.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana L View Post
    Getting a pedi is awesome! My feet always feel wonderful after getting one. Trust me pay the little bit extra for the full spa pedi. The foot massage and the lower leg massage is so relaxing, especially on shaved legs. I usually get clear in the summer months and red or pink the rest of the year. Last time I got the french tip and when I've worn sandals nobody has said anything about it. The salon I go to never questions me getting clear or colors. They have men in all the time and they want to please the customer. Happy customers tip better!
    Hi Dana,

The best time to wear the red or pink is during the summer when you toes show. I suggest some women's low heeled sandals when you are in male mode. If you google for men wearing toenail polish you will see that a lot of men wear toenail polish including MMA fighters, race car drivers, Dwayne Wade, Dean McDermott (Tori Spellings husband) and this list goes on and on. Toenail polish in not a big deal anymore.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaG View Post
    I now get a mani pedi on a regular basis with color on both. I love it and wonder why I was so afraid of showing color.
    Yes it is really not a big deal to show color. Google men wearing toenail polish and read all about it.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Hi Dana,

The best time to wear the red or pink is during the summer when you toes show. I suggest some women's low heeled sandals when you are in male mode. If you google for men wearing toenail polish you will see that a lot of men wear toenail polish including MMA fighters, race car drivers, Dwayne Wade, Dean McDermott (Tori Spellings husband) and this list goes on and on. Toenail polish in not a big deal anymore.
    Chuck Liddell is a UFC champion who wears toe nail polish.

http://www.getnetworth.com/tag/chuck...l-nail-polish/

I saw a story somewhere that he started doing it because his daughter did. The only difference between us and him is that he can beat the stuffing out of anyone who gives him grief about it.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-19-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Chuck Liddell is a UFC champion who wears toe nail polish.

http://www.getnetworth.com/tag/chuck...l-nail-polish/

I saw a story somewhere that he started doing it because his daughter did. The only different between us and him is that he can beat the stuffing out of anyone who gives him grief about it.
    Chuck even has a recent TV commercial for AutoZone where you see him press the accelerator and he is wearing bright blue toenail polish.

I've been getting mani/pedis for so long I really don't think about it anymore. I have a regular spa I go to and they treat me like royalty, and a day filled with massage, facial, mani & pedi makes my month. Never have gotten color, just clear.

Nothing better then a mani pedi. I would have to add though that I deathly afraid to get acrylic, but I want to oh so bad. Anybody have any experience with that? I ask because I am planning a trip to orlando and I want to get nails but I am afraid about when the vacation is done.

I do my own all the time and sometimes apply patterns etc.
    My toes are painted with something most of the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.