Thread: How common is this and does it mean much?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Uncertain, Despite what Auny Kelly and others say here? "Normal" boys and men never even think about trying on women's things!

How do I know? Because until I hit 50, I was one of them. I had countless opportunities to try on sister's, mother's, girl friend's, and wive's clothing for 50 years. So, why didn't I? Because men without gender issues DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!

And, the only thing straight men think about women's clothes is how to get them out of them!

If u were compelled to try on ladies things often as a kid? I would say you're trans!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Have pondered this ages ago and sought the answer to "Am I normal to be trying on such clothing at any age" question. Certainly I pondered my gender amidst all the searching and very easily and quickly determined that I was heterosexual and was not attracted to boys and men. From my viewpoint I was an average boy who, around puberty, certainly was drawn to girls and not boys.

I feel that kids are drawn to any number of items and activities naturally (they just try something because it's there) and socialized (offered and/or encouraged/discouraged to give something a try) and I do believe that clothing could be included. In retrospect I was drawn more to my mother's attire because she was kinder and friendlier so I perhaps thought "why not dress like her, wear those things as I feel good." My father was much more serious, gruff, at times volatile in temperament. "Why would I want to wear those boots or that suit when it makes me angry?" Kid logic, maybe, yet kids do emulate many characters for many reasons and I have come to believe this to be valid for my dressing origins.

So is it normal for "normal" boys to try dressing as girls, try on their things, wear their mother's shoes and anything readily available regardless of gender? Nothing definitive but there seems to be some logic to say perhaps, yes.
    Part-time crossdresser, full-time human

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Uncertain & unsure,
    The urge will typically come and go for most people in my opinion. Research the pink fog, the urge comes and goes. Sometimes it will hit you like a brick wall and consume you and cause disruption on you every day life. Ie you my feel,in a bad way.

I am one of the few that it started when I was 4 or 5, at my friends house/ bedroom she and I switched each other underwear until her mom called us to come to the kitchen for lunch. At a young age 90% of my friends were girls my age, within walking distance from our house. So was,around a lot of girls things /activities. Only boy on the block.

Basically felt female forever, puberty was very bad mentally for me. Been doing this for 62 years, typically underdress daily.

Yes, i come to accept the female feelings and still have the pink fog at times.

I never even thought about trying on my mom's shoes/heels. But I sure did try on her bras, girdles, and hose. That said, I always thought of it more as childhood curiosity. I didn't start crossdressing until age 74. Is there a correlation? I really don't know and really don't care.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Uncertain, Despite what Auny Kelly and others say here? "Normal" boys and men never even think about trying on women's things!

How do I know? Because until I hit 50, I was one of them. I had countless opportunities to try on sister's, mother's, girl friend's, and wive's clothing for 50 years. So, why didn't I? Because men without gender issues DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!

And, the only thing straight men think about women's clothes is how to get them out of them!

If u were compelled to try on ladies things often as a kid? I would say you're trans!
    Naw, I have absolutely no gender issues. Male, with the genes and the junk to prove it. I just like women's clothes even though I'm not a woman, and I've been fascinated with such clothes as long as I can remember.
    I know people who like to wear superhero outfits, yet they know that they're not really superheroes. Same thing.

We all have our own stories, but our story isn't your story.

I don't think it matters much what you thought about as a child or what you tried on, it matters what you are thinking TODAY.

And based on your ID, you don't know where you are on the gender spectrum. I think you should consider talking to a professional about your gender issues, because none of us know you or the issues you are dealing with.

Just my two cents.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    Naw, I have absolutely no gender issues. Male, with the genes and the junk to prove it. I just like women's clothes even though I'm not a woman, and I've been fascinated with such clothes as long as I can remember.

I know people who like to wear superhero outfits, yet they know that they're not really superheroes. Same thing.
    It's NOT the same thing at all. I wore superhero and cowboy costumes as a kid. But, they were Superman and Hoppalong Cassidy outfits!
    I wouldn't have been caught dead in Annie Oakley or Supergirl outfits until I began dressing 50years later!
    That's when my "fascination" began!

There's a reason why males that crossdress r considered trans by professionals!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Curiosity and opportunity were my main incentives to try women's clothes. With no sisters I had only my mother's things with which to explore my curiosity aboout how those clothes would feel - and none of that curiosity hit me until I was about 13 when opportunity arose. It was then that an elderly relative who lived with us died and simultaneously, due to school timetables, I found I had the house to myself on two afternoons a week. When girlfriends came along a year or so later it was an opportunity to satisfy my curiosity by finding out what they wore - and how it differed from my mother's clothing. This was endlessly fascinating: I learned so much about the intricacies of female dress from the great variety of underwear - belts, girdles, bras, slips, etc - to the girls' experience of and feelings about different styles of skirts and dresses - and what it was like to wear them. It was quite a few years later that the opportunity arose to acquire some of my own female clothes and experience for myself all those feelings I had learned about as a teenager.