Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feminine Tattoo

Feminine Tattoo

Has anyone got a feminine tattoo? I really want a garter tattoo on my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinë View Post
    Has anyone got a feminine tattoo? I really want a garter tattoo on my leg.
    My standard advice for tattoos:

Talk to an artist and settle on a design. Put it in the drawer and let it sit there for a year. If, after the year has elapsed, you still want the tattoo and the tattoo artist is still in business go ahead and have it done.

This protects you from both regret from hasty decisions and from the dangers of poor tattoo artists. A year without a tattoo is a small sacrifice when balanced against the possibility of a negative outcome.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi There I have a female lower back tattoo which my wife picked out [and I like it as well] and my wife and I have matching tattoos on our boobs

Gone to live my life
    I don't have any feminine tattoos but I do have guy body art. I agree with Eryn in that tattoos are something you want to think long and hard about . . . they are going to be there permanently. Before I got each of my tattoos, I drew the design, thought about placement, talked to a tattoo artist and then waited. In one instance, I had a tattoo artist do a non-permanent rendering on my body so I could try it out before committing (cost a bit extra but it was worth it). If I had gone with my first knee jerk reaction when I was 17 I would have had some horrible snake, skull and dagger art on my forearm . . . thank goodness I waited.

The tattoo artist is a big factor to consider. Go in talk to him/her and ask to see samples and or testimonials of their work (good artists will have that). Look at the overall cleanliness of the place, are they wearing gloves, do they sanitize. Discuss placement, colour and pain (if you have never had a tattoo be prepared for the pain . . . this is a high speed needle cutting into your flesh and injecting ink).

Hugs

Isha

Gee,
    I like Eryn's solution here.
    The only ones I know that are proud to have tattoos have a six figure number on the inside of their forearm.
    They are glad that they are still alive to be able to show it.
    Me I do not want to be marked for life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Might be cool when you're 20.
    How about when you're 60?

I use temp tattoos when I feel the need for one, if I like it I'll have several of the same kind made and wear it till I grow tired of it. Like Eryn said, after a year if I feel like I want to make it permanent I can do so at that time......so far I haven't felt I want one permanently. You can design what you want at the place I use, http://www.tattoosales.com , this way if after a time you don't like it, it comes right off.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Never was a fan of tattoos. My Son has them but that's his thing. Don't forget whatever you get is with you forever.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female tattoos? Like the so-called Arschgeweih?

I don't know about you guys, but I probably would have regretted every tattoo I considered in the last 10 years. It's not really hard to make a bad decision, especially when pink fog is involved.

Platinum Member
    Hi Destine, I think that tattoos look great on other peoples bodies.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I love my tattoos. I did place them strategically so that they can all be covered with just a t-shirt.
    As far as them being feminine, I have mostly retro pinup girls. They look fantastic in both guy and girl mode.
    One is a silhouette of a woman as viewed through a keyhole. Kind of my subtle way of letting people know who I really am.
    Just peek inside.

Just to clarify, I take on board the point about a tattoo that looks good on a 20 year old but not at 60. However, I am in my 40s.

I got this stupid tatoo many moons ago before I had my DL. 16 years old. I watch ink masters and tatoo nightmares. I only have this one. I either find women with many tatoos interesting or just plain nuts. Some tatoos don't even belong on women. I feel it taks away some feminity from a woman. As of late I was thinking of a cover up for my small stupid tatoo and thought about a more feminine theme. It is an easy cover-up
    Problem is:: the tatoo is on the inside of my arm right below the elbow seem. (no way to hide it) I need to choose wisely or I am dammed to a life time of teasing...

Hi Destinë,
    I'm a tattoo artist but oddly I have very few tattoos. I have spent most of my professional life working on ideas and a system of symbolism for my personal ink and have pretty much my whole body mapped out - but recently I have started reworking all the designs to be more fem! Glad I waited all these years before I put them on my body

A garter would be awesome if you get the right artist to do it - check ut the portfolios of several to see if you can find one that can definitely carry off the idea you have. We all work in different styles and there are unfortunately a lot of poor artists out there too.

My only reservation would be to make sure in yourself that you are happy for other folk to see it. You may not plan on going about in short shorts, perhaps, but it's going to get seen eventually by someone other than your wife (an unexpected hospital visit, doctors or losing your legwear in a high-speed jet-ski incident, for example).

If you do, though, let us see (and I might one day reveal mine haha)

Stephanie: love that keyhole idea!
    Last edited by LeahVonT; 10-09-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: forgot something...

I'm also a big proponent of the wait a year before getting something done. I've done that for all three of mine. No regrets yet. Have had the design for a fourth one pinned up on the wall for a few years now. Going to get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    hmmm nope mine still look good
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

i totally agree with eryn the only reason i had my tattoo was because i had had my heart set on the same design for a few years, definately wait to see if you will still be happy with the design and also the placement, i have my next one in mind already but im gonna have the tattooist draw it up for me and then im gonna keep going back to the drawing for a while to see if im still set on it, other than that enjoy your ink

A garter belt would be very cool and very femme, that being said it will be very femme and if you decide to go swimming or out in shorts in guy mode it might draw a few strange looks and maybe even some negative comments.

I love the idea.
    “All men are liars, said Roberta Muldoon, who knew this was true because she had once been a man.”
    ― John Irving, The World According to Garp

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy Barr View Post
    I use temp tattoos when I feel the need for one, if I like it I'll have several of the same kind made and wear it till I grow tired of it.
    This is what I do as well...they are great item! I love that I can apply them when the mood strikes me...and just wash them away when I'm tired of them. Plus it's wonderful to be able to change them out...unlike those real tattoos. I love the lower back ones...I find them extremely sexy on girls.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

Banned Read only
    No tatoos for me, I know if I got one it would turn out like bras and panties! I could never have enough! Well that goes for shoes, tops, dresses, skirts, and so on! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by samanthasolo View Post
    No tatoos for me, I know if I got one it would turn out like bras and panties! I could never have enough! Well that goes for shoes, tops, dresses, skirts, and so on! Lol!
    Soooooooooo true. They are just as addictive. However, I think I have spent way more on panties than tattoos.

i'm with Kandy on this one. I don't like tatoos in general, but i could see going to the mall kiosk shops to get temporary tats, like a heart for the ankle. You live it and like it for a day. That's plenty for me.

If you want to pay someone to stick you with a needle for hours, save your money for electrolysis!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

If I were full time, and I was just talking about this tonight with the hotel clerk, I would get a tramp stamp. They are inobtrusive when you don't want to show it, yes despite the name, so sexy. Ashley, while I like your logic, electrolysis is so much more expensive than a tattoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    I had a tiny rose tattooed on one boob in my youth. Now, unfortunately, it's long-stemmed.