Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing 101?

Crossdressing 101?

Since we have a lot of experienced CDers here, the thought came into my head what I would do if writing an instruction manual for the new folks out there. What kind of manual would you write if you decided to and how would the chapters be laid out?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Don't as an engineer to write a manual..... even a crossdressing one.... unless you want to know which foundation primer has the lowest friction coefficient and the eye lash radius produced by different curlers! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Chapter 1. Crossdressing is about good taste, if you're MtF
    Chapter 2. Getting courage to be "Yourself"
    Chapter 3. Going Public, or semi-public
    Chapter 4. Good Relationships
    Chapter 5. How CDs changed History (to Herstory)
    Chapter 6. The Future: Genetic Engineering for Shapeshifting

P.S. Chapter 7. CD Humor/Horror Stories
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Silver Member
    Many books as well as videos are readily available now, and to add to that confusing collection, it is doubtful if another instructional device would help "new folks out there" or become a best seller.

I realkize that Chari. I have some myself. I just wanted to see what the folks here would say if they wrote one. This is for fun mostly.

My take is there would be as many variants to the book layout as we have girls here. While there is certainly much commonality in our avocation, I believe we travel many different paths to the same destination. Attempting to codify it in some manual for the new cross dresser would be, at best, a variety of anecdotes from our experiences.

Think I will throw in with Karren on this one and add the need to stipulate the angular momentum of the hips in an ideal walk as well as the change in potential energy related to heel height.

One PE to another

Hugs, Robin

Chapter 8. How not to be judgmental to those who are gay smurfette dolphins
    Chapter 9. How not to be judgmental to those who do not show their face
    Chapter 10. How not to be judgmental to those who are gay
    Chapter 11. Pink fog, how not to get dragged into it

The above chapters I keep reading here, so many judgmental people judging others on how/what they are.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I know Tam, I never take myself that seriously really with my dressing. I would add a chapter on just how to have fun en femme.

yes chapter 21 the higher the heel the further you can fall
    be careful out there
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

What bathroom do I use? : Know your TG rights
    The Importance of Neutral Tones in Fashion
    Come out of the Closet!
    It's ok to Stay in the Closet!
    Inspirational Crusaders : How Women in Pants Became Socially Acceptable
    Blue Eyeshadow : Friend or Foe?
    GG married to a CDer

foe. definitely. but i have green eyes.
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

Banned Read only
    At least one chapter, [maybe the first one?] should be devoted to/entitled LOVE. So many MYTHS circulate here at this very Forum routinely, and the worst of all IMO is that LOVE conquers all. As in, if someone reallllllly loves you, they will accept your CDing. It's really not a big deal. And that CDing alone can't ruin a Relationship.

Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS and explain that spilling the Beans to a loved one of any type is neither necessary nor mandatory for every CD on the planet, no matter how many times it is repeated here. It should be obvious that it's probably a good idea for any CDer who thinks about transitioning 24/7.

Of course no CDing book of any type, would not have a chapter entitled something to the effect of "The Folly of Shame and Guilt". Humans are no different than any other animal. We have no control over how and why our vision affects us and/or turns us on. Or off for that matter. Feeling bad or guilty about something we have no control over is an exercise in futility.

Those 3 would be at least a good start for most I believe.

Undoubtedly the Introduction should cover the whole "Passing" issue and make it clear that there are no documented Humans at this time who can READ MINDS. Just because people treat you decently and respectfully does not mean one "passed" and that they thought you were a woman. [for most here] Because one can NEVER know for sure, it makes no sense to obsess over "passing".

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Chapter 13, how to fasten a bra without tangling the straps
    Chapter 14, how to use those dang left handed zippers
    Chapter 15, how to be the girl you were suppose to be
    Erica

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS and explain that spilling the Beans to a loved one of any type is neither necessary nor mandatory for every CD on the planet, no matter how many times it is repeated here. It should be obvious that it's probably a good idea for any CDer who thinks about transitioning 24/7.
    First off, LOL at "Obviously another chapter should be entitled BEANS".. That's just a funny sounding sentence!

I won't say that it should be mandatory to spill the beans in all situations, but I think it would be worth a chapter to give some different perspectives on IF you should tell and the possible benefits/disadvantages and advice on how to tell if the CDer felt it was something they really wanted to do. Options, choices, etc ALL presented.

I would call that chapter-

Accidental Discoveries vs Outing on Your Own Terms vs Your Forever Secret

Many a relationship has been through hell and back as a result of intentionally spilt beans, but you can say the same for beans stumbled upon unexpectedly by an SO and stress caused by such secretive, well-hidden beans.
    GG married to a CDer

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This is an interesting idea, and it's already bringing a lot of thoughts to light. My first attempt:

1) Since you are reading this, how do you get your head around your feelings?
    2) Who am I right now, and where does this fit in my life?
    3) How do I buy clothes?
    4) How do I buy/use all the accessories? (this would include breastforms, padding, tucking, etc)
    5) Makeup A to Z
    6) Now that I might look more feminine, how do I act the part?
    7) Should I bring the show on the road? (closet or public?)
    8) What does it mean to share my other gender with other people, and just how do I do that?
    9) Now that I have begun to understand my other gender, how do I keep it all in perspective?
    10) If I'm going to move mostly to my new gender, what issues might I face?
    11) Gender preference vs. sexual preference.
    12) The subtleties of daily life in a transgendered world.

I think I could cover most topics in these 12 chapters. None of them would be short. This would be a rather thick volume!

Thanks for the idea to think about my selves from this perspectie, Kate.

I would not want to write a manual! If I did then I would be expected to read it! That's like instructions on any thing! Who takes the time to read them???????????? Just saying!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Silver Member
    A manual my not be practical... however, a crossdressing wiki would be a great idea. A way to share information on various subjects that everyone can contribute to. Everything from different ways to cover a beard, to how to stretch shoes for those who are difficult to fit, to how to fit a girdle to a male body, and on and on and on.

"How to Crossdress"

Chapter 1

Buy some dresses, skirts tops, lingerie, shoes, wigs, makeup, and jewelery.

Chapter 2

Dress when, as often, as long, and how you want.

The End

Chapter 3 - Womans Jeans ... The truth and how to avoid being entrapped...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Chapter 1) join cross dressers . Com because there are so many experienced girls here that a new
    Be can easily find all the information and support she needs to get moving from some one who already learned the hard way.
    No matter what kind of cding she is into.
    Chapter 2) refer to chapter one
    Lol seriously I love you girls !

Chapter Number X (I've lost track): How not to worry about whether someone makes you as a guy in a skirt
    Chapter Number Y: How to get through the mall without touching your wallet (Suggestions from all CDs welcome)
    Chapter Number Z: How right handers can actually use their left for tasks like applying nail polish

Chapter 42 I have a closet of clothes and nothing to wear

The book forward should be, Be honest and tell your so upfront about your lifestyle.

Chapter 1 Crossdressing is what makes you feel your best.
    Chapter 2 Don't waste time trying to figure it out when you can use that time to enjoy it.
    Chapter 3 Get ready to go through many emotions:happiness,frustration,nervous,joy,excitem ent,sadness etc.etc.etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    "How to Crossdress"

Chapter 1

Buy some dresses, skirts tops, lingerie, shoes, wigs, makeup, and jewelery.

Chapter 2

Dress when, as often, as long, and how you want.

The End
    Chapter 1 should include 2 rules:

1. Get your own stuff
    2. If you are tempted to wear clothes belonging to a GG without her permission, see rule 1.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!