Thread: My bra-fitting experiences

My bra-fitting experiences

Last week, I made an appointment at Mervyns department store for a bra-fitting. I asked if I should come dresses as a man or as a woman, and the woman replied it was my choice. Well, I showed up at the appointment time, but there was no one to help in the lingerie department. I waited and waited, but no associate was free to ask about it. All that effort wasted...
    Then yesterday, I had an appointment at J. C. Penney. I showed up, and the associate came up to me and asked, "Can I help you, miss?" That made my day! (Again I had been told I could come dressed either way.) The bra-fitter and another associate walked me over to the men's dressing room area, and measured me across the breasts and under the breasts. I didn't even have to take off my top. Is that they way they do it for women, too, I wonder. Anyway, she told me that I should probably wear a 42C, which is what I was wearing. A very pleasant experience. The women were very nice and accomodating to me.

Terri

Bra fitting

Quote Originally Posted by terrigurl View Post
    Last week, I made an appointment at Mervyns department store for a bra-fitting. I asked if I should come dresses as a man or as a woman, and the woman replied it was my choice. Well, I showed up at the appointment time, but there was no one to help in the lingerie department. I waited and waited, but no associate was free to ask about it. All that effort wasted...
    Then yesterday, I had an appointment at J. C. Penney. I showed up, and the associate came up to me and asked, "Can I help you, miss?" That made my day! (Again I had been told I could come dressed either way.) The bra-fitter and another associate walked me over to the men's dressing room area, and measured me across the breasts and under the breasts. I didn't even have to take off my top. Is that they way they do it for women, too, I wonder. Anyway, she told me that I should probably wear a 42C, which is what I was wearing. A very pleasant experience. The women were very nice and accomodating to me.

Terri
    First time I was measured for a bra other than bying on my own was at Lane Bryant, I had gone in to buy some panties and a few skirts, the sales girl told me they were having a sale, by two get one free, I said Im not sure of the size as most of the time I guess, well to my surprise she offered to measure me, I went to the ladies dressing room the door was left ajar, so she was not in there all together with me, I asked if I was to take off my top ,I had on an older bra that I had from before, also my breast forms, she said go ahead and take it off If your comfortable with it, I went ahead and took of the top and bra, she fitted me, and had no problem doing it, I ended up with 3 new bras,46b and how nice they fit, I left one of the new ones on put my forms in and a new top, going to have too watch the budget, the wallet is getting thinner than me, (doesnt take much thou ) so next time dont worry about an appointment just ask the sg to help you, yould be surprised how fast they help ,after all a sale is a sale, Love Charolette

Doesn't it feel good to finally work up the nerve to "just do it" as Nike might say?...I buy my bras from the same woman who I purchased my breast forms from. She and her daughter run a small shop that (of course) caters to women who have had mastectomies. I was very nervous the very first time she fitted me for a bra. But in the end, I got the bra and the breast forms that I had dreampt about for so long. And, BTW, I was treated with the utmost dignity, respect, and, of course, privacy. Been back too many times to count over the years!...As an interesting aside here, both of the women I deal with have told me how much they enjoy helping men because men are there by choice--whereas the ladies are there because cancer robbed them of part of their bodies. I'm told that men are always happy while the women (understandably) are quite upset.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your experience. Doesn't it feel good knowing that you are wearing the correct size and not just guessing?
    Last edited by myMichelle; 11-15-2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling errors
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    There are (to me anyway) some things that I consider "very feminine processes" like say, a French manicure with full length gels at the nail salon...but having a bra fitting has to be one of the most "non-manly" and therefore feminine things a person could do. Unfortunately, I haven't had the courage to do either yet ..one day maybe.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hello,

I also had a bra fitting at my local JCPenney's. It was last May and like you, I was taken to the men's section with another employee and they measured me for a bra. And then gave me suggestions what to buy and the female who measured me even offered to shop with me. I ended up buying 4 bras and many different pair of panties. JCPenney definitely has a life long customer....me!

And yes, I also wore a shirt during my fitting. I didn't mind, she still was able to get my correct bra size so it worked for me.

Take Care,
    Michelle

is in her vest
    Hi

A bra fitting??...I'm sorry, call me what you will, but I can think of nothing more embarrassing or demeaning.

I understand why a woman may need a fitting, I understand how a TS transitioning may need a fitting, but apart from some humiliation kink (?), I can't for the life of me see why a genetic male needs a fitting.....anyhow in saying that, I'm pleased that you're happy about it. Maybe, and it's a definite possibility(?), you are just totally comfortabe with this whole CD thing, that I so constantly struggle with.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jane View Post
    Hi

A bra fitting??...I'm sorry, call me what you will, but I can think of nothing more embarrassing or demeaning.

I understand why a woman may need a fitting, I understand how a TS transitioning may need a fitting, but apart from some humiliation kink (?), I can't for the life of me see why a genetic male needs a fitting.....anyhow in saying that, I'm pleased that you're happy about it. Maybe, and it's a definite possibility(?), you are just totally comfortabe with this whole CD thing, that I so constantly struggle with.
    Iv'e never had a bra fitting but wow.. Judging from these girls' experience, I would love to go there! Not only because I'm sick of buying bra's online that don't fit... But because of the SA's positive acceptance and the fact that I AM getting MORE comfortable with the "whole CD thing"... It is who I am.. As has been posted and is common knowledge.. I DID NOT CHOOSE THIS!! I can no more have chosen this as I could have chosen Brown Eyes!! I am slowly coming to an acceptance that this is who I am.. PERIOD! What could be "demeaning or embarrasing" about making the RIGHT purchase. Most of the SA's do not care about anything but "making the buck"... And maybe a CD would be something different, but most likely you'd be forgotten by the time the till needs to be counted!

Hi

I will not call you anything but my online sister Sweet Jane. You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I think you said it best when you said...."you are just totally comfortabe with this whole CD thing, that I so constantly struggle with."

Us girls who have had a bra fitting are secure in who we are. I can't speak for the other girls but for me...its another step in being accepted a woman. When I go out as Michelle I wear breast forms and therefore need a correct sized bra for my breast forms to fit into securely and not fall out as I walk. Plus, a correct fitted bra helps my figure look more woman-like. And not too mention comfort...wearing the wrong size bra all day can be very uncomfortable. In my opinion...CD's who want to look and feel like a woman need a bra fitting to find the correct size bra just as much as any GG.

Take Care,
    Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle2008; 11-16-2006 at 03:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

If a bra fitting is what works for you, go for it. I'm pretty daring, but not THAT daring. I've been able to find bras that fit, that are proportionate, and are comfortable. Just as CD, TG, whatever is not a choice, neither is it a necessity for me to dress up to feel comfortable. So, perhaps I don't have the need for a bra to hold breast forms and all that some girls have.

Hi

I guess every one has an opinion, and thats what this site is for, bras are made for every shape and size, I try some and the feel great others with underwire dont, as was said by the other girls nothing worse than wearing the wrong size all day talk about back aches, demening or embrassing not if your comfortable with your self, Love Charolette

Silver Member
    Hi

Dear Jane,

We don't need to call you anything, sweety.

But . . . a bra fitting has nothing to do with a "humiliation kink". It merely ensures that you do not waste your money buying the wrong size and style bra. If you only wear a bra for a 1/2 hour thrill session, this is a moot point. But if you are in a situation where you will be wearing a bra all day, you really need to be wearing the right size.

Bras come in hundreds of different sizes and styles for a reason. Everyone has a different body and a different idea of how they want to look and feel. You can spend hours of your time and much of your money finding out which is the right bra for you; or you can get a proper fitting. I say "proper" fitting because there is more to a good bra fitting session than just being measured. A good bra fitting will include time spent selecting a flattering style and adjusting it properly for your body, as well as finding the right size. It will also include instructions on wearing and caring for your intimate garments.

You can do the measuring by yourself at home if you want.

Of course you don't HAVE to have a bra fitting to get the right size, but unless you want to go through much trial and error, it really helps. It may be somewhat embarrassing for you, but it's really not too bad. It's no less embarrassing for a GG after all. Perhaps more so for them as they have been conditioned all their lives to hide and cover their breasts in front of others.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Why I did it

I guess I just wanted to have a rite of passage, that would mean acceptance as a woman. The fact that one associate greeted me with "May I help you, Miss?" was a great feeling for me. She accepted me as a woman. When I made the appointment, I asked the woman if they did fittings for a man, and she said it would not be a problem. When I showed up in the lingerie department, she did not know who I was, so I felt wonderful to be greeted as I was. It was not for some perverse or "kinky" purpose, but to be accepted as a woman. I was a little put off by the fact that they walked me over to the men's dressing rooms, or that there were two woman, but I guess they felt it would not be appropriate to have a man in the women's area, and that it may have been possible that I was some sort of pervert and the two women would be more "protected" if they were together, rather than just one woman alone with me. I guess some people still don't realize that we are just men who dress as women, rather than rapists or perverts.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by terrigurl0 View Post
    I guess I just wanted to have a rite of passage, that would mean acceptance as a woman. The fact that one associate greeted me with "May I help you, Miss?" was a great feeling for me. She accepted me as a woman. When I made the appointment, I asked the woman if they did fittings for a man, and she said it would not be a problem. When I showed up in the lingerie department, she did not know who I was, so I felt wonderful to be greeted as I was. It was not for some perverse or "kinky" purpose, but to be accepted as a woman. I was a little put off by the fact that they walked me over to the men's dressing rooms, or that there were two woman, but I guess they felt it would not be appropriate to have a man in the women's area, and that it may have been possible that I was some sort of pervert and the two women would be more "protected" if they were together, rather than just one woman alone with me. I guess some people still don't realize that we are just men who dress as women, rather than rapists or perverts.

Terri
    Plus look at the way you could be identified to the police 6-2 wearing size 46dd, red panties and matching bra, 4 inch heels, pretty frilly top, just think how funny it would sound like going over the police radio, all the police would leave the donut shops just to get a look I still remember my first fitting, like a chrismas present, Charolette

I have not had the nerve to try that, but I hope to someday

Joan

Aspiring Member
    even being a female it is hard as heck to get the right size bra, if u dont have a bra fitter it can be a royal pain to get the right cup size and bust size it can be a nightmare without the right ammo! so good luck with the ladies that have had good luck with the whole bra experience.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I went in to a lingerie store and asked for a bra fitting one day. I had bought several bras, but I really wasn't sure that I was getting the right size. Are you sure you are wearing the right band size? I knew what felt about right, but I wasn't sure it was sitting right, so I asked a professional. (Turned out I had been wearing the right size. If I recall correctly, I have since gone up one band size for bras with larger cups for my larger forms.)

One consequence of wearing the right bra size is that I do not get nasty bra marks: when I do get bra marks, they disappear fairly quickly.

my bra fitting experiance

i used to wear my wifes bra's which were 16d.when i got up the courage to
    by my own i rang a lingerai store and asked if i could come in there for a
    fitting.they were most helpfull and i tried on several different styles.they
    reccomended a 16c as it wouldn't be as noticable under my shirt.i ended up
    buying a full lingerai set.i never have a problem buying my underwear.

My bra-fitting experiences

BRAVO YES WHY NOT GO FOR IT GIRL THIS IS GREAT

For those girls that has had a bra fitting I applause all of you. Thanks for the inspiration.

SHARON
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia ."
    ~Charles Schultz~