Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music that puts you in "girl mode"?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Heart,Joan Jett,Femme Fatale.

not really hearing stuff but seeing stuff works for me

music that puts me in a girly mood...

"Smooth up in Ya" by the BulletBoys....among others, as long as it's Rock n' Roll......whether i'm in guy mode or girl mode been told i look like I'm right out of a "80'S music video!!!!!

Garbage is my favorite band so, everything goes well with my fem mode.
    I love Bush too (the band) but it's not for be dressed.
    If i want something really girly, i go with Blondie, Black Velvet (Alannah Myles) or Stop (Sam Brown).

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Oooooh garbage is a good one! Loooove that woman!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Megadeth -- "Crush 'em"
    While not my first song choice, but you do gotta like the band!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    While not my first song choice, but you do gotta like the band!

I just kinda threw that out there for a reaction. Not a very girly song.

Gold Member
    Well, it is cheesy but I guess Madonna if I had to pick something for femme mode.

I just kinda threw that out there for a reaction. Not a very girly song.
    MissConstrued saying something to get a reaction? Who would have ever imagined?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Lately, it's been Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Kate Voegele, Sara Bareilles and Duffy. The Bangles and Wilson Phillips also works for me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    MissConstrued saying something to get a reaction? Who would have ever imagined?

I know, right? Had to try it sometime.

DJ Keoki, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, Britney

Banned Read only
    Songs that make me want to shapeshift into Nessa are

The Beheading of a King ~ Amon Amarth

Mourning Palace ~ Dimmu Borgir

The Sacrilegious Scorn ~ Dimmu Borgir

Lepers Among us ~ Dimmu Borgir

Eyes of the Totenkopf ~ Incarceri 9

Control ~ Puddle of Mudd

And some Marilyn Manson

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar

Dance Music

I don't need music to get into girl state.... Maybe it's a Zen kind of thing....
    But when I want to dance..... it's Paralyser by Finger Eleven, and Sober by Pink. I put my Ipod buds in place.... and dance my heart out!!! I sometimes imagine I'm dancing at a friends wedding! I also have a wedding like gown that I sometimes feel like wearing just because it's beautiful... then when I'm dancing.... it's my wedding!!

Jessica_M

Lola - the kinks
    Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed
    Lady Gaga - pokerface
    Aeorosmith - Dude looks like a lady

Quote Originally Posted by Marcy_in_hose View Post
    The music that puts me in definite "girl mode" has to be No Doubt and Gwen Stefani. I feel so sexy and femme listening to her sexy voice. I wish I looked like her. She is so beautiful...

Marcy I am soooo with you on this one. I absolutely love anything that Gwen sings. And she definitely puts me in the mood to dress. Along with that I would have to say Katey Perry, she reminds me of my avatar. Early Madonna is another, Heart has some good ones that entice me. And Van Halens' Beautiful Girls that one is one song from childhood that really reminds me that even then I wished I could wear the clothes of and be a girl.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Ya know what I also like to listen to dressed up, occassionally, 80's hair bands! G N' R, Poison, Def Lep and others. Guess I have a theme going huh? So embarrassing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I have to say myself, that music does not get me into that mood, although I will admit, I do enjoy some bands or artists that guys should not normally enjoy, but sure thats not my only secret here haha

I get turned on by classics. My favorites: "I'm simply a female female" and "I feel Pretty." the latter from West Side Story (My goodness but Natalie Wood was one gorgeous girl).

I have to agree with Vickii's list. I'm really supposed to be too old to listen to the stuff. My daughters remind me all the time. But I love to dance and I'm clinging to my youth so I love her list:

britney spears
    christina aguilera
    katy perry
    pussycat dolls
    danity kane
    lady gaga...

I would also add:
    Black Eyed Peas
    Fergie
    Gwen Stefani
    Rihanna

I love Britney Spears' Circus. I request it every time I go to a club. I jump right out there in the middle of the floor and do my dance routine to it. Britney is so dang sexy. Her look, body, moves, voice, everything...

I guess I like to show-off and be in the spot light or something. I just think songs from these groups make me feel sexy.

Kisses,

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSummers; 07-15-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Girl View Post
    Ya know what I also like to listen to dressed up, occassionally, 80's hair bands! G N' R, Poison, Def Lep and others. Guess I have a theme going huh? So embarrassing!

Ah, yes... Poison... do you think... they might have been... well, you know... um...

poison31.jpg

Nah!

OK...here's a summary so far:

146 artists or songs
    117 individual artists

Top 3:

1. Madonna (duh! no kidding!)
    2. Alanis Morissette
    3. Lady Gaga

I'm shocked that it took three pages of posts to get to Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side! C'mon!

Anyways, it was fun seeing the differing tastes in music. And I've seen a lot of posts from musicians in other parts of the forum...clearly this group is creative and diverse!

I wish I could post the whole list...I've dumped it into Excel...does anyone know if you can still create playlists in iTunes? We should have a crossdressers.com playlist!
    Just like everybody else does

Ok, and a few more from me while I'm here:

1. For the person who posted Wave Babies by Honeymoon Suite...how could you forget "New Girl Now"?!!
    2. Astrud Gilberto - Girl From Ipanema. Great story about that one...Astrud's husband Joao Gilberto was recording in Brazil with Stan Getz, a well known jazz sax player. She's watching the session. Stan suggests Astrud sing the english-language part of the song, and Joao STRONGLY objects. She does it anyway and what happens? That single sold millions, won a Grammy, and launched her 25-year singing career. Good on ya, girl!
    3. Esthero - That Girl. If you haven't heard her stuff, check this old single out off her first album, then buy her follow-up album "Wikked Lil' Grrrls"
    4. Everything But The Girl - pretty much anything, but Amplified Heart is my favourite album, with Temperamental a strong second
    5. What, no Lily Allen fans?!! Her homage to GWB, F**k You, is worth buying the album, but she's fun and about as cutting as a singer can be...

OK! I'm going to stop typing now...
    Just like everybody else does

Anything by Marilyn Manson will do... Though I'm partial to (S)aint and Use Your Fist... Actually the album title 'The Golden Age of Grotesque' speaks to me...

PS... and Better of Two Evils of course...
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 07-16-2009 at 12:04 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Megadeth -- "Crush 'em"

You know, I was going to say "Meshuggah's Bleed" but you already cornered the market on that rouse.

Well, here's my answer, if I even have an answer:

The Knife's "Heartbeats."

This is the live version which is a bit more solemn and thoughtful and down tempo than the album version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjwqXwyzNU

You can hunt for "Bleed" yourself on YouTube if you're curious, which you shouldn't be because it's the musical equivalent of a punch to the kidney.

Don't know why I didn't think of this until now, they are my 2nd favorite band in the world! There is a GREAT song by Green Day called "King for a Day" on their album Nimrod. It's about cross dressing and it is sooo XXXXen AWESOME! It really puts me in the mood

BTW, just because it popped into my head. Anybody ever see that Foo Fighters video where Dave Grohl and Jack Black are runnin around in womans underwear?! It's hysterical!