Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you should have been born female?

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Do you think you should have been born female?
    Yes, I'm pretty much convinced of it after a lot of thought. My reasons are based on sound thinking too and not just a feeling.

Banned Read only
    i think i am a girl in a boys body most of my family member also tell me i'm very feminine and i need to change(they don't know i CD). i m very shy(introvert) sometimes i feel paranoid i'm not strong actually very weak find hard to lift weights also. I've mood swings also i usually stay solitary i feel the weight of the world but i think if i was a female life could have been much easier at least i could have expressed my self to others

Yes, every day I wish I had been Born a Girl! I grew up in the late 50's and early 60's and I wanted to be a girl. I got caught several times trying on my mothers dresses and she beat me for it. She also threatened me if she ever caught me doing it again. I thought there was something drastically wrong with me and I could not tell anyone how I felt.
    I kept this inside me for decades, until I started using the Internet and found this site, as well as a few others to show me that I was not the only one in the whole world that felt this way, AND that people have felt like this for centuries!
    It hurt me so much to suppress my feelings and to keep thinking that I am Crazy, something is Mentally Wrong with me. This actually caused my hair to start turning gray when I was in my 30’s! This is a Terrible thing to live with!
    Like many people on this forum have said in this thread and many others, "If I were in my 20's and I knew then what I know now, I would transition and have SRS" But for me now, that is not possible, it is too late. My life would not allow it. I wish I could live full time as Barbara, but that is not possible either.
    I am lucky in that I am not married, never have been. I have never had any luck with relationships, probably because of the Girl that lives inside of me.
    Yes, I wish I had been born Female, every time I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I am very lucky now that I do have an older GG Friend that knows about Barbara and allows me to become her. She helps me with “Girl Lessons”!! Growing up male, we were never taught things like “Knees together, lips apart” and how to walk, sit, and act like a girl should. She has taken me shopping and helped me pick out clothes. I told her about a “TG Prom” that will be held in April, and she said I really need to go to this and meet other people like me. So at least I do have some release now, which does help. Maybe sometime in the near future things will change, but for now I will deal with this as best I can. I wish everyone who feels like I do, the best of luck always!
    Barbara Jean

Quote Originally Posted by harley47 View Post
    I realize that most crossdressers don't contemplate any surgery, but yet many may wish they have been born as genetic females-should would make life easier, I think. Thoughts? you?
    Yes very very much wish I had been born female, I'm afraid if there was a magic pill that would change me overnight I would overdose. But then I would no longer be a crossdresser, just the true female I'm emulating, which is fine being who I feel I am. That would make life much easier. As for surgery the only thing I have contemplated, or should I say contemplating are breast implants in near future.

Yes I know I should have been born a female, I'm the homemaker in many ways. I do all the cooking, housework and domestic work in the house. One day I was cooking my wife was sipping wine when she said to me "you look so happy, to bad you can't dress the part of June Cleaver housewife with a dress and a string of pearls" she was right.

Yes, I think I should have been born female! my inner self tells me that, just have to match that up with whats on the outside though.

Life may have been worse for me if I had been born female.
    I am happy with the status quo.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie801 View Post
    Yes I know I should have been born a female, I'm the homemaker in many ways. I do all the cooking, housework and domestic work in the house. One day I was cooking my wife was sipping wine when she said to me "you look so happy, to bad you can't dress the part of June Cleaver housewife with a dress and a string of pearls" she was right.
    Ruthie, I am much like you. I am the homemaker and always have been. And like some of the others here my mother also thought I was supposed to be born female. And given the choice, I would prefer to have been born female.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, Should have born female it would make things a lot easier, at the very least if a woman wants to dress as a male it is called fashion. A female cans always be a tom-boy and male dresses as a girl and they are called every name in the book that is derogatory.

Born female? No. I DO wish I could dress the way I wanted without all the negative crap.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    When I was younger, I used to dream every night about waking up as a girl. After I left the navy, aged 29, I took hormones for a short time. Then I realised that my wife and kids meant more to me than anything else, so in my 30's I finally came to accept my 6ft 4, frame and size 13 feet.

Now aged 50+ I’m sat here in the closet, happy that I've made the right choices in life. Two kids making a success of their own lives and a loving wife, who finally accepted me as Jane, three years ago, after 28 years of marriage.

Clearly our lives would have been very different if I'd been born a genetic female. We would have been spared a lot of the difficult challenges, we have had to overcome together over the years. But isn't it the challenges that make life worthwhile and bond relationships.

rah
    i think i am a girl in a boys body most of my family member also tell me i'm very feminine and i need to change(they don't know i CD). i m very shy(introvert) sometimes i feel paranoid i'm not strong actually very weak find hard to lift weights also. I've mood swings also i usually stay solitary i feel the weight of the world but i think if i was a female life could have been much easier at least i could have expressed my self to others
    Rah, we are kindred spirits. By the way you describe yourself, I am just like you. You're not alone, girl.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Quote Originally Posted by harley47 View Post
    I realize that most crossdressers don't contemplate any surgery, but yet many may wish they have been born as genetic females-should would make life easier, I think. Thoughts? you?
    Life isn't easier or harder for either sex; it's just different. Being female brings on a whole set of new problems instead of the ones a man has, not to mention the constant bathroom issue E V E RY S I N G L E T I M E; I tried doing a week of pulling everything off and sitting and it's really, really inconvenient, it would be made worse if I had to constantly adjust all the clothes too, not to mention having to make sure the seat is clean, or just 'hover' as the girls do when they have to go when out at a club, while holding their purse in their teeth because there's no place safe to put it.

As someone who is stuck with always feeling like I'm supposed to be female, sure it would be better to have lived as one, it would have at least removed this crossdressing problem that virtually guarantees I'm never going to have a normal romantic relationship. But at this point in my life, changing my physical sex just to make that part of my life congruent, isn't going to make things any better; there aren't any women interested in MTF transsexuals, either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't know if I would wish that. I feel somewhat estranged from the male world despite doing a fair job of filling a role in it. I'm just not all that comfortable with the aggressive behaviors that are needed for success in male social situations. I wonder, though, if I would feel equally estranged in the female world if I were a genetic female. In that situation I might be just as deficient in my ability to fit in as I am in male world.

I think that we all subscribe to a fair amount of "grass is greener" syndrome.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I should have been born female, I still want to be female, inside I am female, so.......hmmmmm let me think about it.....the answer is yes.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Over the years, I thought about this many times and wondered why I was born male. It seems life would have been easier in many ways if I had been born female. Of course, I realise that women have a different set of challenges in life. But, I spent most of my life working hard to be a man. I was 43 and the father of four before I was able to leave my marriage and embrace my sexuality as a gay man. I don't think at this point in my life (58 now), I can see a pathway to transitioning to female. Nor do I think I really want that now. But, I am finally giving myself the freedom to explore my feminine side in a new way with crossdressing. Who knows what this will lead to or what place it will have in my life down the road. But, I'm just going to enjoy it now...live in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Catherine View Post
    Born female? No. I DO wish I could dress the way I wanted without all the negative crap.
    I feel the same as Catherine

To answer in one word: yes!

If I had been F.A.B. I most likely would not be here on the Forum right now. I would have been too busy being a family matriarch because I care deeply for them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would give everything to have been born female. Some might be right about the grass appearing greener on the other side. Nevertheless I would still give everything to have been born female. My accepting wife will make a comment from time to time about some aspect of female life and say something about it's not pleasant. I understand all that, I understand that males still enjoy some dominance in the world and maybe safer, nevertheless still I would give everything to have been born and lived as a woman. Now late in my life as I realize this I'm seeing a gender therapist with the goal of transitioning in the near future and yes it just may cost me everything. I guess this all takes me out of the realm of being a crossdresser though.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

LOL, I was out earlier in the day and my daughter asked me if I ever wished I was a girl. I asked her where the question came from and she said it was a random question that just popped into her head.

Some days I wish I were. Women have the best clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    Everyday I wake up I wish i was borned a female
    Me too Liketodress.

Often think I would have been more "comfortable in my skin" if I were born female...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Although I don't contemplate on going for transition, I'd wish I was born female. From young, I guess much of me wanted to be one pretty much even thou it was "well concealed". However, now I'm more or less accustomed to the life I'm dealt with, and trying to get by, making the most of what I can.

But I dun think life would be pretty much different if I was born that way. Because everything would have been like it'd be so natural, growing up as a GG.

Makeup addict!
    Nope, not in the slightest