Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cought wearing a bra

I would not wear one either. I do wear panties and a co-worker saw the waist band about two weeks ago. He actually works for me in my department. He did not say anything to anyone as far as I know. I am a designer in the plastic mold industry. Very macho environment. So if he did, I would have heard by now. Ever since that day, he has been more attentive. He will roll over to my desk in his chair whenever he gets a chance. I am sure he is just trying to see something. I did notice he was wearing black nylon one day. I do not know if they were male or female underwear. I think maybe female. I wear panties every day (don't have any male anymore) and I have deliberately let the lace show. He has noticed but not said anything. Bottom line, if you don't want poeple you work with to know, don't wear anything femme. Because sooner or later, they will notice.

Sorry you got caught, but like everyone else said.
    Its better not to wear one, while at work.

I got caught by a co-worker, but not because I was wearing a bra.
    I wear pantyhose all the time and, one day, I had taken off my shoe to adjust the seam of my pantyhose on my toes.
    My co-worker came up behind me and I could see his eye widen.
    He asked me if I was wearing stockings and I tried to deny it by saying that I was wearing some special thermal socks.
    Well, to make a long story short, the next day I told him the truth and said that it was pantyhose that I'm wearing.
    I reassured him that I wasn't gay, or anything, and that I love to wear pantyhose and that's all.
    He said that he has no problem with it and that he was just jokingly giving me a hard time.
    He said that I have the right to wear whatever I want and so we left it at that. He hasn't said a word about it since and this has been over a year go.
    Last edited by joann07; 05-08-2007 at 01:53 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Silver Member
    Don't do or say anything youre not comfortable with----first of all, what is said above is correct---she has no business giving you a "back rub" at work---it is sexually harrassment if its unwelcomed---secondly what you choose to wear for underwear is your business, not any body elses---I bet she will never bring the matter up and hopefully she will be cured of her touchy feely habit.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I wear panties, pantyhose, bra, and camie a lot under my clothes at work. Sometimes instead of pantyhose, I'll wear a garter belt and stockings. Then too I also wear a white lab coat, so that hides a lot. I have my own office and I don't walk around the building a lot, so I minimize my exposer.

I wouldn't say anything but leave the bra at home, if she tells anyone they will come up to you and pat you on the back to check for themselves and when they don't find anything they won't believe it.
    If you want to tell the truth i can see it getting around your work place in days ,you know what these women are like
    In the garden of life another flower blossoms is that really me

I wouldn't do anything.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

First of all, everyone: whether what the other woman did was sexual harrassment depends on a LOT of factors as to which we have no knowledge. While I generally agree that between the sexes, the workplace is best protected by a hands-off philosophy, a bunch of armchair lawyering is not helping our friend with her problem.

Tiffanysharon - I think it boils down to this. If you are confident that the woman would not tell any other person what she learned about you (or if you don't care if she did tell others), then I would not say anything.

If you are not so confident about that, your best chance (and it's not a sure thing) to prevent your secret from leaking further is to talk to her asap. I would just say something like:

1. As you probably figured out, I am a crossdresser.
    2. I didn't think it would be any sort of issue - really hadn't expected to be found out by a back rub (and if she views this as a subtle reminder that her conduct may have been inappropriate, so much the better)
    3. I would be grateful if you would not let anyone know about this

And I'd have that talk mighty fast...before her tongue gets loosened by a few after work drinks or whatever.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

is in her vest

I'm with Lisa

I would do nothing
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I would probably act like nothing happened. I know that a back rub from a co-worker, male or female, puts that person at risk for sexual harassment issues, but she may also have serious issues with crossdressers too. That may be the reason she bolted. Also, your under garments are none of her business.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I too have worn a bra to work. I have been patted on the shoulder many times, but not on the back. I agree that what you wear is your business, BUT unfortunately, it can affect your job if people find out.

I have also learned that it is best if I do not tell you what to do. There are many suggestions in this tread. you have to decide what is right for you and act on it.

Good luck,

Kim

[SIZE="3"]Man that's a tough one. My standard answer has always been that I lost a bet with the wife, and have to wear a bra for a week and do the dishes, if I were to get caught. But I haven't been caught yet, at least to my knowledge, so I haven't tried it out to see if it works.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I agree with Carin

Quote Originally Posted by Carin View Post
    I think you could go to her and ask her if she is OK, that she seemed to be upset when she was in your office yesterday. That opens the door. If she is receptive to more discussion, you can say that you think you frightened her and you did not man to.
    This is a great idea. It lets you approach the issue while giving you plenty of wiggle room.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Man that's a tough one. My standard answer has always been that I lost a bet with the wife, and have to wear a bra for a week and do the dishes, if I were to get caught. But I haven't been caught yet, at least to my knowledge, so I haven't tried it out to see if it works.[/SIZE]

Well, with my luck, since my wife doesn't know I crossdress, whomever I used that excuse with would someday run into my wife and ask her about the bet, and then the cat would be out of the bag. And I hate cats, in or out of bags. Gimme a good ol' dog any day.

Jenny

PS: Actually, a cat in a bag isn't that bad of an idea. At least they couldn't piss on the rug if they're trapped in the bag. Now please, you cat lovers... Don't call the SPCA on me. I didn't say I actually keep cats in bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Well, many of us do wear women's underwear to work and many of us don't want anyone to know about it. So wear panties, wear pantyhose, wear stuff you can hide. But a bra! Geez, girl. Just look around you. You can't hide a bra! Half the population wears them and it's just SO obvious. EVERYONE can see a bra. What ever were you thinking? You just can't hide the fact that you are wearing a bra.

Stephenie
    I agree about a bra being SO obvious. Maybe it's because of how I'm wired, but I spot bras on women all of the time. Sometimes the top or dress they're wearing is sheer and you can see the color contrast. Sometimes the bra band is too tight and it "prints" through their top, even if the material is thicker, such as a sweater.

I know that I'm paranoid about someone seeing my straps, but they aren't bra straps. I can't see how my straps print through my shirt (a blue oxford button down dress shirt, sized to be loose) since they're in back, but the friends I've asked claim they don't see the straps. So far, so good. I know when I look in the mirror I see telltale bulges on each side at my "love handle" area, but then, I know what I'm looking for. I'm working on reducing the love handles, so there should be less of a bulge on each side in the future, unless I change over from the PPK/s to a full size, double stack .45 and a pair of its thick mags. In the meantime, I guess the fact that I'm "packing heat" is invisible. Imagine the shock of someone who innocently gives me a hug and feels the concealed artillery. LOL!

Which is worse? Innocently rubbing or hugging someone (a guy) and finding a bra, or finding a gun? Or better, finding both!

For the time being, I'll stick with just the shoulder holster and skip the bra. The panties are there though.

Jenny

HMMM. GIVING YOU A LITTLE BACK RUB? MAYBE SHE LIKES YOU IN A SPECIAL WAY. I WOULD ASK. just my

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar

Caught wearing a bra

Ive been caught wearing a bra, - at our local Walmart!
    I walked in, wearing my blue shirt, and forgot to button up the front of my shirt.
    The black bra was "Highly prominent", when I went to the bathroom & looked in the mirror!!!!
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

me too ... i think??

I have gotten to the point where I wear a bra to work every day and was real careful to only wear a racer back bra...because of the closure being on the front so the only real telling fact were the two adjusters on my shoulders. Well one day a bra i ordered from a great bra/pantie store was a back closure...i was a bit mad but it was so gosh darn cute i kept it. I got bored with all my RBs that i said what the heck...i dont care ... wouldnt you know it that day someone patted my back at work right on the closure (think it was my boss letting me know he was behind me and not to back up. I work in a deli -- coldcut department) But even with him brushing against me and even still does it today, i wonder if he knows whats on my body... and if he knows I dont care at least I'm happy and glad that he remined my of my wonderful taste in clothing. I'm me and I aint gonna let anyone stop me (well almost no one have to be careful around family)
    TeRe
    I am me and you are you, give me love and I'll love you too.

I say don't worry about it. Unless she saw it and you removed your top to show her and confirm that it was a bra who is to say it is. It could be a bra, a back brace, a wire, a camera strap, a peice of gum stuck on your shirt, etc. etc. I wouldn't even entertain an excuse. If she or anyone else says anything, just deny it and ask why they think that is the case and why it is important to them? Now if they don't leave you alone, then start recording incidents and talk to your HR about being harrassed for something someone thinks they felt on you... but probably the best is to jokingly deny...'ya ya, very funny, I don't know what you thought you felt, but it is not what you think it is'...

Maybe both. I recall seeing a bra holster somewhere that would hold a small .380 auto.
    Last edited by Siobhan Marie; 05-15-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: no need to quote the entire post

Once I wore a bra to work. I had to wear the company's white polo. I had a white t-shirt underneath then a bra. I didn't think it showed that much but it must have because a few people called me ma'am as I was bagging their groceries! I was on edge all day after that.

Bra

I haven't been caught wearing a bra since I was a young teenager, but it turned out OK. I used to dress in my mothers underwear, clothes, nightgowns, etc, when I was home alone depending on what I felt like at the time. We lived on the third floor of an apartment building, so I was sure no one could see me, and I didn't pull down the blinds. One day, while I was outside I passed a group of boys a little older than me. One pointed at me and yelled out, "He wears a bra". I kept on walking, but noticed that no one cared, or possibly no one believed him. I never heard another word about it. Hopefully you will have the same result.
    Love,
    Gloria

Silver Member
    Since we are both lawyers, it is not unusual that we would disagree(after all that's what attorneys do) Let me suggest that if any one gave a co-worker an uninvited back rub, and the victim felt uncomfortable with it, then the coworker is guilty of sexual harassment and it would be the rare judge and/or jury who would buy the "many other factors" defense. More importantly very few HR managers in either the public or private sectors would take that kind of complaint lightly---if Tiffany were to complain, I'm sure the co-worker would be disciplined---all that is needed to maintain a complaint for sexual harassment is an uninvited touching of a personal,intimentt nature which the victim is uncomfortable with. My advice to Tiffany would remain the same--unless you trust the co-worker enough not to out yourself completely, its better just to say nothing---chances are she is as embarrassed about it as much as T---and after all what is she going to tell people "I was putting the moves on a guy at work and felt his bra strap"? If T thinks that despite this the co-worker is the chatty type, then perhaps the best thing to do is to tell the woman upfront that she doesn't appreciate the uninvited back rubs and please don't do it again, as she feels very uncomfortable about it---don't have to discuss your private crossdressing with her, but still gives her the definite message that she has crossed the line and that if it continues and she doens't just drop it, there will be consequences. btw If Tiffany lived in Maine she would be under the protection of the Maine Human Rights Act which prohibits discrimination in the workplace based on gender expression or identity That would include harassment by coworkers that the management didn't take effective measures to stop. A couple of years ago in my workplace at mtf TS janitor was taking a ribbing from other members of her crew--she complained to mangement and it stopped
    Last edited by Siobhan Marie; 05-15-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: no need to quote entire post
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

oh wellllll!

i would never say anything until she brought it up...obviously, there is very little explanation necessary, unless you choose to make up a story...but she'll probably see thru that! If she asks, just say you wanted to see what it was like to wear a bra...its a half truth...and to please not say anything to anyone else...
    you were busted! its part of the intrigue...no?
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Found out that the year before I came to work here, that one of the ladies filed a sexual discrimination suit against the company due to someone touching her in a way she did not like. As result they now have a 0 tolerance policy toward touching another person. The only exception is handshaking. You can shake another persons hand, but that is it. One can not even touch another co-worker on the shoulder to get thier attention, let alone pats on the back. In fact I noticed the other day, one of my co-workers was passing an object to another co-worker. He had to set it down and romove his hand from it before the other co-worker could pick it up.

wore one to work under a shapeless fleece - very confident that i was going to get away with it. lucky i realised that i was going swimming in the afternoon!!! those marks sure took a long time to go away :->

mitch