Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exercise that will make you look more feminine?

exercise that will make you look more feminine?

Hey guys so as a guy and a girl I want to get in shape and lose in the process at least 5 pounds.

Do you recommend any exercise for my workout that could do the following:

Improve my health in overall.
    Straighten or define my muscles but not making them bigger!
    Make my body look more feminine

Or what are your experiences doing this? I wanna get my body back to its former glory but I really don't wanna end up being all bulky and looking like a freak when I CD.
    "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality" by my love Che <3

The breaststroke...no kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    The breaststroke...no kidding...
    Swimming in overall is an excellent sport because it uses all your muscles, but wouldn't it make my chest and shoulders bigger?
    "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality" by my love Che <3

Its so easy you can do it in your sleep. Just set your alarm for 30 minutes later and skip breakfast. And don't believe that crap about breakfast being the most important meal of the day. Add regular exercise--anything that raises the knees to the chest tightens the stomach muscles.

I suggested weighted hula-hooping yesterday. The thred got moved to the Lounge by the Admin here, then got deleted by the Admin there for being female-specific. Maybe this sort of thing should be in the Beauty Club section?

I haven't tried the weighted Hula-hoop yet -- called by the catch-phrase "Hooping". I think it will help tone the belly, which can be a big problem area. It should also help develop more natural hip action. Plus, it just seems feminine, and therefore fun.

J.

Mix:

• weights -- light weight, lots of reps, targeting the areas you want to trim and define.
    • floor exercises -- crunches, leg lifts, lunges, etc.
    • and aerobics -- fast walking, jogging, biking, swimming, whatever you enjoy.

To lose weight, you need to work out 60 to 90 minutes at least 3 times a week. 5 is better, but your body needs at least 1 day of rest a week. I do upper body and aerobics on MWF, and lower body and aerobics on TT, then reverse that the following week. I go for an easy walk or bike ride on Saturday and rest on Sunday.

Grab extras every chance you get -- take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't park close to store doors, mow the lawn, yada yada. Take vitamins to keep your metabolism up. Eat several small meals a day instead of 2 big ones. Strict diet, but give yourself a treat (preferably a lean steak or chop) each week.

2 pounds a week or 10 pounds a month is considered to be a healthy rate of weight loss.

Are you kidding me? You have to ask? The best workout I’ve found is a good sale!
    You’re running through the store – leg muscles
    Up and down on tip toes looking over everyone’s shoulders – calf muscles
    Scanning the racks – eyes muscles as well as neck
    Pick up clothes, put clothes down – arms
    Swatting the gal next to you as she grabs for “your” bargain – stretching the back
    Push & pull if she actually has a hold of said “bargain” – upper arms and hands
    Dropping clothes and picking back up – leg stretch
    Let’s not forget the card swiping - wrists
    Explaining to wife all the money you spent – tightening buttocks

And there you have it girlfriend OVERALL body toning with a prize at the end!

lots of crunches, side twists and bends. stairs.
    To tone without bulking, use low weight high reps.

I run.. 5 miles a day. do toning exercise, ( no weight lifting) and work the abs and obliques. I watch what I eat, and I drink tons of water. I was 145 and now I am 122
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I have focused on mainly aerobics. For the past few months I've been doing Zumba. Definitely has changed my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7ina View Post
    I have focused on mainly aerobics. For the past few months I've been doing Zumba. Definitely has changed my body.
    What is sumba and how has it changed your body?

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I run.. 5 miles a day. do toning exercise, ( no weight lifting) and work the abs and obliques. I watch what I eat, and I drink tons of water. I was 145 and now I am 122
    WOW 5 miles a day you are my hero! I use to run 2 miles a day with my GF before but we stopped once school got harder and my extracurricular activities got in the way.

ABS and Obliques do you have any particular form of exercise for them?

And wow from 145 to 122 thats amazing. I actually weight 145 right now I wanted to drop my weight to at least 140 or 135. I think my boy side can't really afford to loose more weight but my girl side will be happy if I maintain that weight and don't get to 145 again.

Pilates?

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Aerobics, bike riding, and swimming are good.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Pilates and Yoga!!
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

the best exercise is swimming laps, followed by road biking.
    but any exercise is boring, you must find one or the other that you enjoy, this way you will keep up with it for the rest of your life.
    going to the gym is a bust. get out into the fresh air and with a good pair of shoes start walking a bit fast. get your hart rate up and hold it about 70-80% of your max...do a speed that you can hold for hours, not get blown out on. NO jogging it kills your knees and shins.. then start to do hills up and down.
    this will not build mussel other than in your legs, and hart/lungs. and imagine all the great places you can go and see while doing this.
    before my accident (hurt my back) i was doing a easy 15 - 20 mile walk. three - four times a week. at least one day a good 50 miles on the bike. (including hills).

Some of this has already been said, but anyways:

Quote Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
    Improve my health in overall.
    Anything that gets your heart rate up and doesn't overwork any muscles for 60+ minutes every day will do the trick (e.g. running, jump rope, etc.)

Straighten or define my muscles but not making them bigger!
    As far as toning muscles goes, you want to do a lot of reps with weights that are pretty light.
    If your muscles are already kind of large, definition might not be what you want though.

Make my body look more feminine
    If your problem is fat around the stomach and love handles, then any cardio will help.
    Unfortunately, it's moving that fat to the right places that makes you look feminine XD
    As far as I know, there's no exercise that'll do that.

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    Crunches, crunches, and more crunches!!! I also have had great luck with walking & bike riding. Walking and bike riding both tone & tighten your muscles, but without making them bigger.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Swimming is great. I've been an exersise junky nearly as long as Ive been a CD. I realised, in my late twenties, that things were starting to wear out, lower back and knees, so stopped gym, running & cycling, which I used to love, vertualy overnight and started swimming. Can't recomment it enough. Can get boring but a simple antidote there is o swim in the sea or surf.

Get out on the dance floor and swing that booty if you are able to. It not only keeps you slim but builds up your endurance at the same time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Everyone who spoke up for aerobic exercise, crunches and not too much upper body toning are on the right track. Ask not only what will make you [B]look[B] more feminine but will also make you feel and move in a more feminine manner and then it is definitely dance like aerobics, like Jazzercise or Zumba. Lots of fun and very good for the gracefulness of movement, balance etc...Dee

Aspiring Member
    Know matter what exercise you do, your muscles will bulk up. I would not worry too much because when genetic women work on their muscles, they bulk up also. They also tend to lose their breasts if they do too much strength training because the body absorbs the fat in the breast. In the end, women who work out a lot start getting a manly appearance.

Dance dance dance

Get outr there and do some dancing. I do both Salsa and Ceroc (a form of modern jive), and both are great for physical exercise, and equally mentally relaxing. BTW I do ceroc as a male but salsa en femme, brilliant.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    Know matter what exercise you do, your muscles will bulk up. I would not worry too much because when genetic women work on their muscles, they bulk up also. They also tend to lose their breasts if they do too much strength training because the body absorbs the fat in the breast. In the end, women who work out a lot start getting a manly appearance.
    Sorry but I hate to disagree. I ran for many years and NEVER "bulked up". I now walk 5-6 miles/day 4-5 days a week and guess what? Outside of great looking legs my muscles are not "bulky".... Now lifting weights, that might do it....but my attempts at lifting made no discernible difference for me.

Work those hips and gluts. Use the abduction machine. Or you could do it lying on the floor with some ankle weights.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.