Thread: Corsets

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar

Corsets

I don’t know about most of you, but I really like corsets. I have spent nearly $1000 in corsets. I thought I would share a few links and pictures for corsets. Corsets are a wonderful way to trim the waistline. Women can normally reduce their waist by 4” wearing a corset, and us guys can usually comfortable wear one reducing our waist size by 6” to 8”. Part of it depends on your starting waist size. I am currently about a 36” waist and corset down to 28” no problem. I have gained several inches over the last couple years. When I was 30”, I could corset to 23-1/2, but not comfortably. I could go 25” comfortable then. Just 2 years ago, 26" was still in the all day comfort zone for me. My Stormy Leather Octavia corset, tigtened all the way, takes me to 26".

Corsets can be used as un undergarment, or as your outerwear. Some of them are extremely sexy.

If you buy a corset, don’t mail order one. You must try a corset on to see if it fits properly. One type may not be comfortable or fit right from a manufacturer, but a different one might from the same manufacturer of the same size.

Corset places:

Dark Garden, located in San Francisco, CA www.darkgarden.com

This is my favorite corset shop. I visited it when I was in San Francisco a few years ago. They are of the highest quality and their prices are up there as well. Dark Garden specializes in custom fit corsets, but have a few off-the-rack. In reality, custom fit is the only way to get a corset that can be both tight and comfortable.

Stormy leather, located in San Francisco, CA and West Palm Beach, Fl
    www.stormyleather.com

I also visited Stormy Leather when I was in SF. If you like leather, and toys, check them out.

Vollers from the UK

Vollers has been in business a long time in the UK. Their corsets are not as strong as Stormy Leather of Dark Garden, but they are real corsets that will take inches off your waist. They probably have the best selection around.

http://www.vollercorsets.com/
    http://www.vollerscorsetsusa.com/

Versatile is prabably the lowest quality of these four places, but they are still real corsets that really cinch the waistline rather than something bought at a Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Holloywood, or the likes. They have some really nice corsets, but I simply like the others better.

Versatile Corsetry, Orange Count California
    http://www.versatilecorsets.com/
    http://www.versatile-fashions.com/index.html

The attached pic is a Stormy Leather Octavia, currently $350 retail.
    Last edited by Felicity; 05-10-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Talking thanks

i always thought about getting a corset, but now (hehe) girl, now you've got its hold on me. thanks for the sites, i'll be looking at these for awhile
    love ya girl

Call me Charlotte softandsmooth's Avatar

Also - Axford's of London

I also have an interest in corsets. They feel great when they fit properly. It is like getting a big hug.

I would also like to mention Axfords of London. Their site can be found at www.axfords.com

I have had personal experience with Axfords and found them a pleasure to deal with. My goods arrived on my doorstep in 6 days from the UK. That is super quick - sometimes I can't get a letter across town in that time.

I hope you are all having a great day!

Charlotte

Tristen Cox

Thumbs up

YUM YUM

Gonna get me one! Good work!

Talking

Also try

Meschantes.com
    Deliciouscorsets.com
    Romantasy.com has a bunch of styles and manufacturers and tons of pics!

Pretty much any corset maker is good as long as they ask for a lot of measurements, especially in the hips and bust. Extremely important is the waist length (the distance between the top of your hips and the bottom of your ribs). I don't know why more don't ask for it.

The best way to go is to do a custom fitting with a "muslin" or a mockup corset that you go to the store to try on and do a final fitting before the real corset is made. Most places will also mail you the muslin if you need, then you can take it to a tailor and have it marked for alteration. You send it back and then you get your final corset, perfectly fitted. Once you've worn a custom corset, you're addicted!

For making corsets, try
    corsetmaking.com
    farthingales.on.ca (canadian, so shipping takes a little while, but great prices and selection)

P.S. If anyone is still interested (I've been a total slacker on posting) I'm adding to the corset making thread I had going like a month ago. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but anyone who wants to do their own can PM or email me and I'll walk them through it.

By the way, that Octavia corset is BEAUTIFUL. It looks as soft as butter!

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I really like the Octavia Corset. Funny, I'm not into the S/M or Goth look, but I love that corset....