Thread: Transgender-friendly women's bathroom

Thumbs up Transgender-friendly women's bathroom

Club I went to last night in Northampton, MA -

There was a sign, right outside the women's bathroom, and in hindsight I wish I had taken a picture of it, but it goes something along the lines of: 'The owners of this club wish to express our concern for transgendered members of our community [...]' and I'll paraphrase from here to say simply that it would not deny a person's right to be able to use a particular bathroom based on their biological / externally visible gender, however that they ask for respect, courtesy, and understanding for all - ending with something along the lines of 'Behave yourself..'

Since I was with other GGs that night, I turned to them and asked - I heard that there was signs posted IN the women's bathroom about rights of transgenders, etc... and what I basically got from them was - they've almost all, more than once, seen people that they might 'tell' are TG/CDers, and generally treat them with utmost respect and it's returned generally. Previously when I've gone to that bar I've generally used the mens room anyway - just because.. though I sometimes get the stares from the men when I do.. so I decided to bite the bullet and go.. at least two different girls commented on either my hair or my outfit.. even ended up getting hit on by one of them before I walked out!

He he.. but hey, they have drag nights there every other Wednesday, and besides that, I talked to the daughter of one of the head managers.. and she told me if I EVER was given crap for CDing in their place, to just talk to any manager.. and they'd 'take care of it'. I know her father, who I know is gay, and he's not one to take much crap for people being harassed in his establishment.

Just a little happy thought to brighten your day.

Being hit on twice in the restroom gives an added dimension to 'transgender friendly.'
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

That has to be a rare place but that is also the way people should treat all people. It is nice to hear.

Keli

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Although I have never had a problem in a women's bathroom in a GLBT club, it is nice to hear about the sign ! I don't pass that well most nights, but most women have been just fine when I've used their bathroom. So far (fingers crossed) no bad comments in any women's restrooms.

When dressed and need to use the restroom it is always the "ladies room" that I use, I have yet to hear any negative comments. It's good to see that some establishment go the extra mile by posting a sign friendly to TG's and a reminder for TG's to behave.

Holy Moly that is way cool! Sounds like a club I would love to frequent

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    The only place I've gotten flack for using the female bathroom is at a gay club in Manchester, NH called the 313. The staff creeps were checking IDs outside the bathroom because that's the only way to tell me apart. I haven't been back since.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems with bathrooms anywhere.

Gold Member
    Wow, that is so cool to hear about establishiments like that. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Evans View Post
    When dressed and need to use the restroom it is always the "ladies room" that I use, I have yet to hear any negative comments. It's good to see that some establishment go the extra mile by posting a sign friendly to TG's and a reminder for TG's to behave.
    I always use the ladies' room when I'm dressed en femme too. I've never had any trouble, but I'm quite careful.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Keli-H View Post
    That has to be a rare place but that is also the way people should treat all people. It is nice to hear.
    The behaviour is normal, IME - but the sign is certainly unusual..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Many years ago I was at a party held in the ballroom of of a very ritzy hotel. When I walkled in to the parrty, some girl I did not know(GG).....never seen her before, said to me "You look great but let me fix yout make-up." She dragged me off to the "ladies room" where there were quite a few wome in there. She helped me with my make-up and nobody said so much as "boo" about it.