Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Service

Military Service

I was chatting in a chat room yesterday with a couple other girls and the discussion of military service came up. I was just a curious how many of us served in the various branches of the armed forces, and more importantly how did you hide your crossdressing??
    I personally served in the U.S. Navy, was on active duty for two years and in the reserves for an additional three. While on active duty I lived aboard a ship where we had next to no privacy, so cding in those years was quite a challenge. At the time though I was still not really accepting of myself yet. My crossdressing was limited to wearing pantyhose on a rare occasion usually in a hotel room that I had to rent for the night. When I got off active duty I enlitsted in the reserves, it was a little easier for me then but still hard. We used to go away for the weekends and I usually had shaved legs, and many a Friday afternoon was spent stripping nail polish off my toenails. But I managed to cope in my own little way, but like I said I was just a little curious how others that have served managed to cope.

I am in the army. Since I have been in, I have not Cross Dressed because I am always afraid of being caught and kicked out. What makes it hard is going to the post exchange and seeing all of the female clothing when I first walk in. I will have to wait for my three years of acitive enlistment to be over with before I try any thing again.

I was in the U.S.Army from 1972-75 and was stationed in Heidelberg, Germany for 2 and a half years of that time. I did not CD at all during my military service, but the desire to was always there.

Smile Usaf

Air Force for 4 years combat control (yea i am crazey)

No dressing till i got married It was living hell

Navy for 5 years. I wore panties under my uniform during the winter months but obviously couldn't when we were wearing our whites.
    I always kept a backup pair of boxers in my duffle with me in case I had to go to medical for anything. Couple of close calls .. but, made it through.

dreaming2bmichelle2

Spent 20 years in the Army

During my career I was able to dress. I was even married. I had a complete wardrobe and would even venture out as Michelle ocasisonally. Of course I couldn't shave my legs, but I learned how to hide that very easily. Of course had I faced my need to dress rather than hide it, i think my life would be totally different now.

Michelle

How did you do that?

Four years in AF.

Confused Brit CD

You have all confused me greatly! I would have thought the very LAST thing any CD or even more so any TV would want to join was the Armed Forces!

When I started to CD, panties to begin with when I was 12 and then other female clothing of my sister or my mother when alone at home, I realised that any sort of activity where I had to get undressed in front of others, especially other boys or men was out of the question. Until I was able to drop it when I was 15 I had to wear Y-Fronts (although I hated them) on PE and Games days. Now even before starting to wear my sister's panties I hated PE and any "Rough and Tumble" activities and would far rather read a book or build a model etc than play Cricket or Football (Soccer) etc. To me the absolute last thing on Earth I would have wanted to do was to enlist in anything as Butch as the Army, Navy or Air Force and luckily by the time I was of that age National Service in the UK had been abolished never to return. This must have made life Hell on Earth for sensitive lads especially any who were CDs.

So how did you "Gals" come to join the US Armed Forces, was this a masochistic tendency on your part. I especially cannot get a handle on StlMichelle who enlisted in the Reserves after their active service, a glutton for punishment?

I could understand a F to M TV especially one with Lesbian tendencies joining the Armed Forces, over here we have quite a few such women in ours, but why a man with CD/TV tendencies would do so I just cannot imagine.

Please end my confusion on this matter.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

U.S. Navy. 4 Years active 22 years USNR Reserves. 26 total and retired. I dressed when I could. Not very much at all on active duty. I didn't mix and match when in uniform. But when I was off duty. well.......yes I put on what few things I could buy at the moment. That was really a hard time to be a cder back in the sixties. If you were there, then you know what I am
    talking about. The Reserves were different. I dressed at home and kept Suanne there. Only one time did I wear panty hose and panties under my uniform. I wanted to more but was chicken.

Suanne
    Last edited by suanne; 01-07-2006 at 02:37 PM.

I spent six years in the Marine Corps Reserve (the six months of active duty wasn't easy) and six years in the Pa. Army National Guard. So, of course, no shaven legs (which I first did before Halloween this past year) because of the monthly drills and being married to someone who didn't know.
    P.S. to Montfort Cherub -- there was a time when it wasn't voluntary to join the Armed Forces. I'll admit my time in the Guards was, but the pay by that time was temptingly good.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Montfort Cherub
    You have all confused me greatly! I would have thought the very LAST thing any CD or even more so any TV would want to join was the Armed Forces!

So how did you "Gals" come to join the US Armed Forces, was this a masochistic tendency on your part.

Please end my confusion on this matter.
    [SIZE=3]First i was in the army for 10 years as an helicopter mechanic.
    Machoistic? no I was in denial of who i really was. Part of the "I think this may make a man out of me" syndrome.
    Oh and i would edit the US armed forces part. This board is international girl.
    [/SIZE]

Twenty years ~ active duty ~ United States Marine Corps ~ Retired

I was in Australian army 1971/1972 as a conscript and only ressed while on leave.

Seems to be quite a common theme over here too...though not me personally...but I have met...and know...many girls that have been..or are still in, the Armed Forces....Must be the Macho that brings out the femme.!!!
    Love Nikki. xx

Helen,

It's very common for crossdressers to choose not only masculine careers, but also those which have their own typically male "uniform". Whether it's our own confusion, fighting back against the urges, or just a hiding mechanism, I'm not sure. My opinion is the latter. We feel that by working in a typically masculine career (military, police, firefighter, etc.) that we are proving to the world that we are brave and macho and then they will never suspect that we have a feminine side.

Also, take a look at when most of these girls were serving in the military. It was way before the internet, and we really didn't know how many others were out there. We were fumbling along on our own and coping the best we could. Many of us believed that the military would "fix" us, just as many of us believed that marriage would "fix" us. Of course that never happens.

I truly believe, however, that being a CD made me a much better police officer and that it makes me a better person overall.

Hope that helps explain it somewhat.

Joyce

Hi Montfort Cherub. When I was finishing my senior year in High School all I wanted was to join the Navy. In 1964 I didn't even know what a cder was. I knew the word Transvestite and I didn't know much about that either. What I did know was I felt like a freak for wanting to dress in womens underware. So.....I hid it with all I had in me. There was NO communication to speak of for hetro-guys who liked to put on mom's or sis's undies. You were in the closet. I surpressed my feelings and joined the Navy. I was proud as hell to serve my country. I am willing to lay down my life for my country. Crossdressing WAS on the back burner. Duty, Honor, Country!!! If I am ever needed again. I will go!!! And Suanne will stay behind. What I would like to know is how many wonderful young guys that liked to dress in girlie clothes gave their life for their country. A past President said. Don't ask...Don't tell. Some policy, but it worked for me long before he said it.

Suanne, USNR-Retired

Mistress Robyn

my miltary service

i was 25 years Miltary service
    and as for the comment about TVs in the service
    I think the dressing comes out because we were in such a testoserone filled ocuppation that we need the girl sessions to balance our selves out

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce1702
    Helen,

It's very common for crossdressers to choose not only masculine careers, but also those which have their own typically male "uniform". Whether it's our own confusion, fighting back against the urges, or just a hiding mechanism, I'm not sure. My opinion is the latter. We feel that by working in a typically masculine career (military, police, firefighter, etc.) that we are proving to the world that we are brave and macho and then they will never suspect that we have a feminine side.

Also, take a look at when most of these girls were serving in the military. It was way before the internet, and we really didn't know how many others were out there. We were fumbling along on our own and coping the best we could. Many of us believed that the military would "fix" us, just as many of us believed that marriage would "fix" us. Of course that never happens.

I truly believe, however, that being a CD made me a much better police officer and that it makes me a better person overall.

Hope that helps explain it somewhat.

Joyce
    In hindsight it was very much trying to "kill" off my feminine side ~ deny my feminine side ~ "De~nile!" isn't just a river in Egypt!

On the flip side it was very much trying to "prove", "earn" or at least validate my masculinity ~ attempting to reconcile the paradox of having been born male ~ but with the mind of a transgeneder person.

Military

I was in the Army National Guard for 6 years

Navy veteran

I got very lucky, I was never stationed on a ship. As a computer repair person (Data Systems) I was working at a trainning facility and allowed to live off base. Four years of hell though, I did get trainning for my future career in electronics.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Robyn
    i was 25 years Miltary service
    and as for the comment about TVs in the service
    I think the dressing comes out because we were in such a testoserone filled ocuppation that we need the girl sessions to balance our selves out
    [SIZE=3]Ok so what if we crossdressed before entering the military and still do it afterwards lol?
    Just picking you....you don't have to answer.

Hiya Lauren. Where you been girl?
    [/SIZE]

US Army, stationed in Germany for 2 years, even went clubbing while dressed there. Just had to hope that I wasn't "caught".

I was in the Army from 67-69 and was in South Viet Nam for Tet of 68 as a grunt, 11 Brush. I carried a radio and 2 rifles, one being a scoped bolt action. When I wasn't with a line company, I went out with a LRRP team. We even had a chance to cross a zone and a line in the bottom of a river, that we never saw. I had a GF who used to send my panties. Then I went to Okinawa. There I had a chance to get off base and get some clothes and dress at hotels, on weekends. Till I got out. Then I could enjoy dressing more often.

Ten years in the Navy. Joined for the experiance and money(money?). Yea mostly guys but just a job we did, no testostrone being thrown around on my ships. Did not even identify my feelings to dress as such untill the last two years.
    Love & Hugggs,

Alison

Smile , it makes people wonder what your thinking!