View Poll Results: How important to you is having a 'flat front'

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very important - 'must have' - regardless of type of outer clothing

99 49.01%
  • Very important - but only if wearing tight/revealing clothes (tight p[ants/shorts, ect)

55 27.23%
  • Not important (rarely, if ever, tuck)

42 20.79%
  • Dont want/like a flat front (ie like to see your male parts under/thru female clothing)

4 1.98%
  • Other opinion (please post)

2 0.99%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How important to you is a 'flat front'

How important to you is a 'flat front'

Hi all,
    I know there are tons of posts at this board and other CDg boards concerning tucking (like the great 'Art of Tucking' how-to in the sticky threads section).

But I was wondering how important it is to you to have a smooth and feminine looking 'flat front'. For me it is extremely important. Ive always been very jealous of girls/women and their flat fronts. It is a huge psychological as well as a visual thing for me. Even if Im dressed such that my male parts -as small as they are- would not be seen (such as when wearing loose fitting pants/shorts or a dress/skirt) I just dont feel 'right' without a flat front. I guess for many CDrs the same is true for breasts, and obviously they are a much more 'visible' part of the female form - but thats another post for someone else to make.

I am 'luckey' in that I have fairly small male genitals (penis and testicles) so achieving a flat front does not require too much effort (although I probably go overboard). I always wear a 'brief' style panty and am extremely partial to white lace trimmed brief style panties with a fairly wide crotch such as Olga Secret Hug style 873.

In my panties I find it helps to wear a feminine pad. After putting the pad in my panties I fold my male genitals back (no tape or anything) and simply pull them up. That generally gives me a pretty flat front. I also make sure that I place the tip of my small penis directly in the center of the pad as this helps push my male parts up flat against my body. I almost always also wear a pair of tight fitting control top pantyhose (Im also a pantyhose lover) over my panties/pad and sometimes I also wear a high waisted firm panty girdle such as Rago style 6101. The pad and panties alone generally give me the flat front I desire but I like the extra smoothing and shaping of the pantyhose and panty girdle (and I love the way my legs look in pantyhose too!). Unfoutunately i need to address my hips but this too is a matter for another post.

So please take my poll and also please post your thoughts on this subject. Although Ive summarized the tucking techique I use to achieve a 'flat front' Id prefere if your follow on comments concentrate more on the 'why it is/isnt important to have a flat front' that your tucking technique. But all comments on this subject are more than welcome!

Thanks to all,
    Luv and Hugs,
    Patti Remick
    Last edited by Patti Remick; 09-20-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    I find tucking very uncomfortable esp. if I get "excited" while dressed.

As such I don't usually tuck unless I am wearing something tight enough to reveal things. I haven't tried anything like tape, just a gentle tuck that last long enough for a quick picture or two.

I did get a pair of JMS shaper pantyhose and they were pretty effective at turning me into a "ken doll", much to the dismay of my GF when that was all I had on. Dressed as a guy, no problem... Dressed as Ellie, no problem.... 1/2 way in between (what she and I call "sort-of Ellie" or ShEllie), kinda disturbing.

Well, IMHO, nothing ruins the lines of a pretty dress like a bump that not supposed to be there.... lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I have worn boxers under my dresses, earlier on.
    These days I tend to wear a gaff, no matter what I wear.
    However, if I was caught without a gaff or any tucking gear, and was wearing a loose dress, it would be no loss to me.

My obsession is about what YOU SEE and how you react, *and* how I feel in the clothes.

I don't get a thrill from squishing the boyz, so its a neutral matter, unless they show.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well, IMHO, nothing ruins the lines of a pretty dress like a bump that not supposed to be there.... lol

Karren
    I Agree!!!

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Believe it or not, you're the first I've seen to say they also use a pad to help acheive that flat front...

My wife came up witht he idea while I was trying to learn the art of tucking, which I have yet to master...

For me personally, its the easiest and only way to go for that desired flat front...

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    The closer I can be to a woman works for me so a flat front is a must have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Not something I ever had to worry about...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Tucked 24/7. I wear a Poise pad ,(medium to heavy) and shaper control panties, no problem feel akward without being flat and smooth.
    May all the twins in the world have as much fun as I

If i'm dressing to relax at home, not trying to go all out for a femine look, then maybe I can live with "the bulge" but if I could get the hang of the tucking and taping thing, and do it comfortably then maybe I'd go for it. But it is certainly desireable, absolutely!

Quote from Patti: "I've always been very jealous of girls/women and their flat fronts. It is a huge psychological as well as a visual thing for me." me too! more so even than the clothes perhaps...
    Last edited by Ann D Bluebird; 09-20-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Add quote and edit spelling

I gotta tuck (Willy back, boys up in front) or I feel like a guy in a dress. It's been part of my dressing routine since I was very young. Count me in as a pad user, too.

I discovered taping only recently (when I found this forum), but I only tape if I'm wearing a thong. I never could wear thongs before because "parts" kept dropping out the sides.

I can tuck but I don't much like the constricted sensation, so I don't do it often. I wear loose dresses and skirts and must say the little feller is not noticeable in these conditions.
    I must admit that ideally I would like to lose the bump when en femme, for one thing I could wear some nicer fitting panties, but if I can't do it in comfort I'd rather not do it.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I have never successfully tuck. I always try, and it never looks right in my panties, and kind of disappoints me.

Silver Member
    As I look around me at work, I don't see ANY women with "flat fronts". They ALL have some degree of tummy bulge down there, and some have a LOT.

When I was in high school, girls DID have flat fronts, thanks to the girdles and panty girdles they all wore. But now a days, girdles have gone by the wayside and I don't see any flat fronts at all. Most women I see have a pretty substancial tummy bulge down there.

As wrote in the tucking sticky, I tuck my testicles up into their cavity, hold them there with a moderate control brief, and then pull my penis UP in front. The tummy panel on the brief smooths things out in front quite nicely, and the feeling of having NOTHING between my legs is absolutely wonderful. And my jeans fit SOOOOO much better. For me, this is the best. It's really easy to deal with in the little girls room, looks realistic, and feels great.

I am 24/7 so I speak from a bit of experience.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I always keep a semi-casual tuck, even under baggy blue jeans. To me it is more about the feeling than the looks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    Believe it or not, you're the first I've seen to say they also use a pad to help acheive that flat front...

My wife came up witht he idea while I was trying to learn the art of tucking, which I have yet to master...

For me personally, its the easiest and only way to go for that desired flat front...
    Well,
    I really was apprehensive about even mentioning to use of the pad as I know this site does not take kindly to discussion of feminine hygiene products at all. I had been repremanded some time back while discussing that subject (although in a different context so that may have been the issue). So I wasnt sure whether to bring the subjust of the pads up or not but they are important to smoothing out that area. I do not wish to get in trouble with the moderators (again) or offend anyone here.

If I could request - Id like a moderator to step in here and advise on whether the mention of the pads was/is OK or not- within the context of this post? Can I mention the kind of pads I use (again, only for clarification of the technique I use)?

Thanks,
    Patti Remick

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Remick View Post
    In my panties I find it helps to wear a feminine pad. After putting the pad in my panties I fold my male genitals back (no tape or anything) and simply pull them up. That generally gives me a pretty flat front. I also make sure that I place the tip of my small penis directly in the center of the pad as this helps push my male parts up flat against my body.
    I do exactly the same thing. Fortunately, my male equipment is so tiny that this is sufficient for a nice flat front.

Karen Sue

Wearing heels and other aspects of CD'ing can be uncomfortable enough. Tucking the equipment was tried once or twice, then abandoned. I want to enjoy being feminine without trying to constrict what I was born with.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar01 View Post
    Wearing heels and other aspects of CD'ing can be uncomfortable enough. Tucking the equipment was tried once or twice, then abandoned. I want to enjoy being feminine without trying to constrict what I was born with.
    Most nights I'm all about comfort and having a good time rather then getting willy and the boy all tied up.

If I am out, I'm tucked. If I am at home I worry about it much less but tuck a lot of the time anyways when dressed.

If you wear a flared skirt it is not a problem.

not concerned with bulge.

No big deal unless I'm wearing jogging shorts or my skirtini, I recently bought a tight pair of panties with built-in support which do the trick....otherwise I just wear panties with a panty liner for skirts and dresses. The panty liner is for those rare occasions when I get excited down there, even when I'm soft and tucked it happens sometime, sweet!

I don't often dress in tight styles, I prefer loose and so tucking is not much of an issue for me. Which is fortunate because I never did get the hang of it. On those occasions when I want to reduce the bulge a tight fitting girdle does the job.

Emerging butterfly...
    My own tastes for going out are to present myself authentically as the real woman I feel like, so tucking is important. My first time out was a month ago & I was concerned about being able to do it. I followed the instructions I'd found here & it worked just fine. In fact, it was so unnoticeable (comfortable) that I found myself surreptitiously "copping a feel" to make sure things were still in place!!

Peace, Luv, & No "Boy-Bumps",

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica Fallon; 09-21-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: more clarity