PDA

View Full Version : UK CD friendly shops?

heathr1
06-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I've never dressed in public, but have always found the women in Boots extremely helpful when buying make-up and asking advice.

Who do you find friendly/helpful?

Mia001
06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi Heathr,

I was at Crosslynx in Glasgow (CD support group) a couple of months ago and theyhad make up girls from Debenhams in to do demonstrations. They were really good and very friendly so I'd say you would be alright going there.

I don't generally go in for the whole make up thing so it's not something I know a lot about but they seemed to be on friendly terms with some of the girls there so I would assume they're regular customers.

Just a thought,

Mark.

Kimberly
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Heathr,

I was at Crosslynx in Glasgow (CD support group) a couple of months ago and theyhad make up girls from Debenhams in to do demonstrations. They were really good and very friendly so I'd say you would be alright going there.

I don't generally go in for the whole make up thing so it's not something I know a lot about but they seemed to be on friendly terms with some of the girls there so I would assume they're regular customers.

Just a thought,

Mark.
Sounds like I need their help... pity I know someone who works in Debs, isn't it?? :p

Bernadina
06-16-2005, 06:24 PM
M&S on Oxford Street is one of my favs. Bought a lot of skirts and night wear there.

Mia001
06-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Kimberley,

That is a shame but I expect most of the big department stores will be the same. They probably get quite a few CD customers.

Mark.

Maddie Knight
06-17-2005, 04:01 PM
In my experince most shops are fairly tolerant of cd's.
If your going to spend money in there shop there tent not to care if your a cd or gg.

Kimberly
06-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeh, I've had no problems with anyone whilst shopping...

My only fear is people who know me, who don't know about my dressing seeing me, and then outing me to my whole known world :p

But hey, life goes on. And I'm becoming rather flippent about coming out :p Last night I just told a friend - who was FINE about it.

And today, someone was asked whether they were a crossdresser, (he's someone who goes drag a lot - for comedy purposes) and I nearly said "no, he's not... but I am."

But no... reason and logic got the better of me.

Jonien
06-18-2005, 05:23 AM
I,v had few tuts but that is from other shoppers I have allways had respect from shop staff ,feel thay must have training, I remember at one time looking for a long line bra an assistent aproched me and asked if I needed help I explaned that it was for me she was fine and found just the one I was looking for but the another shopper got to close the girl realised this and quoted " Yes I remember your wife I feel she will love this one " the other shopper walked away I thanked her and I did bye it and a lot more since

chezie
06-18-2005, 06:50 AM
i've now got to the point where i spend more time looking for femme clothes than for mens. i check out the carity shops too. there was one time i was good look at these nice denim mini skirts the old lady said "the mens stuff is over here" my reply was simply "i know". I LOVE TK MAX, they always seem to have tall girl clothes lots of bargains.
i dont worry about trying things on anymore, i just go and do it.