PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected issues caused by Crossdressing?

Karren H
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Other than the obvious society related or even the amount of money we plug into this hobby... Since my crossdressing came back 5 years ago I've been working hard on femming myself up as much as I can and since its gotten cold out I've discovered one thing that I can no longer do any more... I can't carry a cup of hot chcolate without spilling it.. Weird!! I used to be able to do this.. Balance as I'm walking so the liquid doesn't even move but now when I walk to the other side of the building for "borrow" hot chocolate from another departments sweet new Keurig coffee machine... I can't take 3 steps without the liquid slopping around and over the lip.. I end up walking a couple steps and stopping.. And walking and stopping..

The way I see it is I've changed the way I walk so much..... The added sway and arm swiinging which I now do all the time.... in any mode!! And I can't stop walking like this... Its just the way I walk now... So I have to pour half in another cup and cary two cups back to my office then combine them back to one!! Now I totally didn't see that coming! So now I have to go learn something else about women... I don't know how they walk like that AND carry cups of coffee without spilling it!! Lol. Its a never ending vicious cycle!!
So have you found something you used to do that you can't do as well? Or not at all..

JoAnne Wheeler
02-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Well I seem to be caught up in FEMININITY - I cannot keep my mind off of it - it causes me to be unable to focus on a lot of things, like my job and my spouse - I don't want to go out if I am not at least underdressed - I am constantly thinking of feminine things, clothing, make-up, shoes, etc - I may look like a male on the outside, but I'm becoming female on the inside

JoAnne Wheeler

kristinacd55
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Unexpected issues
Karren, it doesn't have anything to do with being a Steelers fan?!?

cindym5_04
02-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't think it has to do with her being a Steelers fan. If anything, the Cardinals will get penalized for causing her to spill the coffee... and that won't get reviewed either!

MarcieM
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
ever consider putting a lid on the cup?:drink:

shannonsilk
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I have been much more conscious of all the things I shouldn't do 'cause I might chip the nail polish or, worse yet. break the nail. Stuff like opening soda cans.

docrobbysherry
02-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't work out with weights any more. Now, for me, flab is good!:heehee:

Don't read the newspaper religiously, as I used to. (I'm on line here, too often!)

Don't watch as much TV as I used to. ( Sports, mostly). Same reason as above. Plus working on CD projects in the workshop, or out shopping!:D

Karen, if u meant only PHYSICAL THINGS, dressing has actually IMPROVED my flexibilty. As a side affect of dressing, wearing corsets and heels, and from certain positions I get into when dressed!:brolleyes:

Laura Evans
02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Karen, like you I have a feminine walk whether in drag or drab but I do not have the spilling problem you have even when enfemme. It may have something to do with the excitement of having beat the red birds recently?:D

Carol A
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
YEP!, I turned 70 a few days back and I am finding it harder and harder to pass. Maybe I need to change my makeup?, my wife said it's time to grow up :doh:

Lorileah
02-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Karren, you will spill less then if you wear higher heels at work. :) (of course if that were true my favorite orange hot pants clad waitresses would be in 4" heels).

I have noticed my golf swing now is a pull hook instead of a slice. Dam spikes

Persephone
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
. . . I've discovered one thing that I can no longer do any more... I can't take 3 steps without the liquid slopping around and over the lip.. I end up walking a couple steps and stopping.. And walking and stopping.. The way I see it is I've changed the way I walk so much..... The added sway and arm swiinging which I now do all the time.... in any mode!! And I can't stop walking like this... Its just the way I walk now... So I have to pour half in another cup and cary two cups back to my office then combine them back to one!!

That's really interesting! Especially since I've always thought that buffet meals were invented by women to show other women how they could balance a main dish, plate of salad, napkin, cutlery, and a glass of wine while standing around in heels talking to each other, and watching the men try to carry a plate and a fork without spilling!

NikkiBeth
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I have grown more patient, and empathetic to others. My tastes in movies and tv has dramatically changed. Gone are the action packed rockem sockem, and stupid slapstick movies and tv shows. I can now sit through the entire episode of biggest loser or extreme makeover home edition. I also can watch those awards shows and I find myself talking about whose wearing what with my wife.

susan2010
02-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Karren,
You're still giddy from the Super Bowl! Has nothing to do with CD.

insearchofme
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Karren

here is a tip I learned from a waitress about walking with a cup of liquid. Don't look at it. When you look at what you're carrying it makes the hand shake ever so slightly and that causes the liquid to slosh around.

Of course you can't run with it or move around willy nilly. Try it it works for me.

msginaadoll
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I too have notice I have to watch how I walk as well as how i sit. Crossing my legs at the knee somehow seems comfortable now. I also have sat through the Sex and The City Movie and enjoyed it.

Tomara
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi Karren

I think maybe you should try wearing your 4in heels at work and see if you still spill things when you walk with them on, if not then you will know what the problem is ! LOL

Tomara

PetiteTonya
02-04-2009, 10:57 PM
I am definitely walking differently now. It's my walk...and no longer "his" walk with feet closer together. I sway..it's more fluid.

Finding a balance to all of this really is eluding me right now

Sally2005
02-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I've only notced that my mood is a lot better since I've just accepted that CDing is just part of who I am. I also tend to avoid really heavy lifting and cringe at the thought of busting a nail.

Brandiwvr
02-05-2009, 01:17 AM
maybe a bigger lombardi cup? Back when I became serious about accepting myself, I gave up on alot of man things but will still do them on occassion with freinds. just want to persue my real life activites like being me and stockcar racing to. somethings will never change. I will grow old as long as i possably can and then I will consider taking life seriously.

KELLYANN
02-05-2009, 07:55 AM
hi karen. i totally understand. i think many of us (i do) observe not only womens mannerisms' walk/talk etc. but also hair and makeup to. no sisters for me to watch and learn from. mom wasn't going to teach me! i'm a boy! still learning all these things on my own. find myself always checking out women on TV. eyeshadow,makeup,eyebrows,are thy evenly matched. as far as walking, when i go out dressed, i try to present myself as female as best i can. THE WALK has everything to do with it. one foot in front of the other, gentle sway, arms not swing all over the place. sometimes i practice my walk at work, even in steel toed boots. to be honost, i'd much rather work in heels than boots. know thats not gonna happen. got enough crap from having both my ears pierecd. walk the walk girl! :2c: HUGS KELLYANN

PrettyFlowingGown
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
My only issue is Dad. Hes coming up in june, so I'll have to take down all my dresses from my wardrobe and hooks, and store them away, and I'll have to hide every femme thing in my house. 90 percent of my house is femme. LOL

Stephanie Stephens
02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Karren, one thing I can't do any more since I got heavy about cross-dressing is I can't seem to grow a beard any more. Just can't do - my hand goes to the cabinet and grabs the razor. I cannot stop it.

MarciManseau
02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
It may be because of the double shot of brandy you put in it :devil: :drink:

Hugs, and congrats on the Steelers win!

Karren H
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Ahhhh Ha!! I solved my problem today.. I found a new coffee machine on the next floor down with bigger cups!! Now I just have to make it up the stairs without falling!

justmetoo
02-05-2009, 10:46 PM
So, Karren, all you needed was bigger cups, huh? :lol:

trannie T
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I've found that walking is much easier after I gave up chewing gum.

Margot
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
No you have it all wrong. You've created a walking swish that you need to control. Try placing a book on your head and walk with two coffees for balance. I'm sure this is what they taught in charm school:heehee:
:hugs:
Margot

Michelia
02-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Just promise you will never leave this site. You would be sorely missed!

PretzelGirl
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
YEP!, I turned 70 a few days back and I am finding it harder and harder to pass. Maybe I need to change my makeup?, my wife said it's time to grow up :doh:

Growing up is overrated! :D

jillleanne
02-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Me too Karren, so I just make two trips for half a cup each trip.