PDA

View Full Version : It felt like I was clocked...

Sally2005
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Technically, I wasn't, but it sure felt odd.

Today, I was just my guy self, no CDing, nothing unusual. Ran an errand to the Home Depot. As soon as I walked in the door two cashiers stopped talking and looked at me. I walked to my destination, but on the way, everyone I walked by looked up at me. This continued until I left... my fly wasn't undone, nothing out of place... so why were people staring at me? They were looking in a neutral way, not smiling or frowning. I felt like if I was CDing, I would have really been watched...

Anyone else ever felt like you were on display, but for no apparent reason?

All I could figure was the sun was out and it felt a little like spring even though it is actually 20 below zero.

Teri Jean
02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I get that from time to time and figured it was my head playing with me. It could be as simple as that but you may want to take off the heels,hahaha. I wouldn't worry to much. Just have fun, Keli.

LilSissyStevie
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I went into HD yesterday and every worker in the store came up to me with a big smile and said "Hi" and asked if I needed any help. Usually they run and hide if they think you need something. Recessions are great for bringing about an attitude adjustment in customer service, but it got a little annoying after a while.:D

joann07
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
One day, I was at a clinic to get some X-rays done and the clerk called me ma'am. After she realized the mistake she chuckled and said sir.
I was definitely in drab wearing pants and a nice polo shirt so I don't know why she called me ma'am, but in my head I also got a chuckle out of it.
Who knows, maybe she had a natural vibe, sense, or insight and knew I was a crossdresser.

Hugs!

Karren H
02-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I assume everyone know's I'm a crossdresser and they probably do.... so I just go about my business....

Alice Torn
02-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Yep!

marny
02-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Nothing more fun than be'ing ma'amed. got it today buying pantyhose!

"Mary"
02-05-2009, 12:16 AM
I can't imagine why. I find that people in stores are usually so caught up in thier thing, they are oblivious to most other folks. Perhaps it was a bright shirt, or just your imagination. Maybe everyone was expecting someone, thus on the look out for him.

Marshchild
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM

Today, I was just my guy self, no CDing, nothing unusual. Ran an errand to the Home Depot. As soon as I walked in the door two cashiers stopped talking and looked at me. I walked to my destination, but on the way, everyone I walked by looked up at me. This continued until I left... my fly wasn't undone, nothing out of place... so why were people staring at me? They were looking in a neutral way, not smiling or frowning.

How bizarre. Oh well, at least they didn't all point at you, open their mouths, and, as one person, utter a ghastly, alien-sounding scream!

Nothing more fun than be'ing ma'amed.

Indeed. We CDers are a bit of an odd bunch in that respect, aren't we? If the average guy got "ma'amed" by mistake, he'd probably take a week to get over the "shame" of it; if the same thing happens to us, we take a week to get over the euphoria!

Ashlyee Paige
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I get it all the time, alot of people just looking then doubletaking at me, at work there was this guy that was motioning to his daughter to walk to the nice lady lol, after he looked at me he apologized and said sir LOL, this is all in drab :> not that I minded, of course my nails are really long, brows plucked and hair getting really long so I have a real feminine appearance and my voice is really female, not bass at all so that had alot to do i guess :>

EryLynn
02-05-2009, 02:25 AM
.... so why were people staring at me? They were looking in a neutral way, not smiling or frowning. ....

Cause you were the only customer in like... a couple hours... days... ???
:battingeyelashes:
EryLynn

Tracii G
02-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I was at a gas station yesterday and the lady said that will be $20.00 ma'am never looking up but when she did she said Oh I'm sorry sir.I told her no problem thanks for the compliment.
Well that confused the lady even more.LOL.
She said I looked at your nicely manicured finger nails and assumed you were female.I told her I'm only female on the weekends.
Well then she was more confused then finally caught on and said OH! I see.
I gave her a smile and walked out.

trannie T
02-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Quite possibly they were amazed that someone would brave minus 20 temperatures to go shopping.

RachelDenise
02-05-2009, 05:22 AM
I suppose you were buying wood for a fire to keep warm????

Linda Laman
02-05-2009, 05:53 AM
One time I forgot to remove my make-up and more than once I have gone out with the nail polish intact (intentionally as it is a pain to constantly remove and re-apply). On all occasions all I suffered was a few nice smiles. Should we worry?

Kate Simmons
02-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Sometimes we just send out certain "vibes" that others pick up on, nothing more or less.:)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Were you ENTIRELY in GUY mode ? Traces of MAKE-UP ? Long hair ?
Painted lips ? Painted fingernails ? Ladies slacks ? Shoes ?

Maybe you just look like a GG no matter what you are wearing ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
02-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I have never had that happen , but when I am in drab you would never know that I cd save for my long painted nails I have 24/7.

One time I forgot to remove my make-up and more than once I have gone out with the nail polish intact (intentionally as it is a pain to constantly remove and re-apply). On all occasions all I suffered was a few nice smiles. Should we worry?

I have long nails and painted 24/7 so stop removeing them. Keep them all the time , It fun to watch the double takes from the men ( they won't say anything unless there brite pink.) and the girls will complement them and want to hold your hands to look better. Its to much fun HUGGS :canada:

Karen564
02-05-2009, 12:32 PM

Today, I was just my guy self, no CDing, nothing unusual. Ran an errand to the Home Depot. As soon as I walked in the door two cashiers stopped talking and looked at me. I walked to my destination, but on the way, everyone I walked by looked up at me. This continued until I left... my fly wasn't undone, nothing out of place... so why were people staring at me? They were looking in a neutral way, not smiling or frowning. I felt like if I was CDing, I would have really been watched...

Anyone else ever felt like you were on display, but for no apparent reason?

All I could figure was the sun was out and it felt a little like spring even though it is actually 20 below zero.

Yeah Sally, I know Exactly how you felt,and get that every so often myself, I don't know why either, because it's not like I'm wearing my heels in HD or anything and in total drab clothes, so I'm clueless as to why. but I kinda like it.

Karen