PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassment.................

Karren H
02-05-2009, 09:28 AM
................ An emotional state experienced after having a socially unacceptable act wittnessed by or revealed to others....

Yesterday in Walmart while shopping I ran into a couple guys who were so transparent to me and probably to everyone that they were definately embarased for looking at and buying products not made for them or made because they have a problem..

One guy over in the suppliment isle was standing there.. Very stiff (no punn intended... Lol) , with his head down, starring and reading the Enzite male enhancement package.. His posture was almost like he was hiding in plain view hoping no one would recoginize him.. Of coarse just below on the bottom shelf was the Progesterone Cream and some herbal supliments I take so I said excuse me and he shuffled to the side... and I grabbed my items from the breast and menapause supliment section!! Lol. When I walked by later he was still there...

Then over in the skin care isle there was this larger younger guy who was looking at face moisturizers untill I walked into the isle, looking for a new tinted moisturizer myself... And he took off... I continued up and down the isles and he made a couple fly bys and when ever I came back by he was standing there and he would bolt.. Became like a game.. But he was definately embarased that he was buying what he considered women's moisturizers for himself.. If he had stuck around long enough I would have asked if he needed any help..

Personally... if the stores have something for sale and its not illegal... then anyone has the right to buy it.... When I went to check out, no one was eyeing my makeup, supliments, moisturizer... In-style magazing.... .. Except the little old lady in front of me who liked the Steeler tee I bought.. The check out lady was too busy talking to even notice what she was scanning.. They are in the business to sell.. And in these tougher economic times turining away or alienating customers wiil not bode well with those running the company.. Imho

Plain and simply... Everyones lives are so busy and so complicated that a majority of the public doesn't care about what you buy or what you like to wear..... And for those few people that may express a negative opinion... Who cares what they think anyway!!

Ohhhh. Wait.... I didn't really mean you could buy "anything"" anything... .... you still can't buy anything ugly... Or made of denim!!! Or ugly and denim!! I'd be really embarased big time if you did that!!!! You still need to have some fashion sence here!! Lol.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-05-2009, 09:37 AM
You are so right - I never shop at the Food Mart or the Drugstore that I don't buy something for JoAnne - all kinds of make-up, eyelashes, finger nail polish and remover, etc. I never worry about it anymore at the checkout.

JoAnne Wheeler

Christie ann
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
or buy crocs of any shape or color!

I am convinced that most people (except teenage girls) don't observe anything around them to the degree that they would notice anything out of the ordinary.

MJ
02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
so whats wrong with denim!! :eek:

Christina Horton
02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
what does IMHO mean?:canada:

Holly
02-05-2009, 10:28 AM
IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

Angie G
02-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Well Karren I've never seen ugly denim. And a remark like that hurts me girl.:hugs:
Angie

Beth785
02-05-2009, 10:29 AM

"In My Humble Opinion" or "In My Honest Opinion"

I used to be like that. Freak out whenever I walked through the makeup isle or the lady's wear section, but these days I don't care any more. It has something to do with that fear thing, and over coming it.

Tasha McIntyre
02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
You still can't buy anything ugly... Or made of denim!!!

Oh no!!! I adore my demin mini skirt :daydreaming:

In my humble opinion I think it stands for in my humble opinion lol :)

CDPAUL
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
i wasn't embarrassed but did have a slightly different thing happen yesterday at wallmart i stop in to buy some make up i get up to the counter to pay and the 40ish lady says to me "are you sure you got the right color" so i say "are there more than one color" and she says " yes you better make sure you get the right one or she will be very upset with you" so i pause and say "well this is mine i'm still in the experimental stage the 1st one i got was too dark so i wanted to try a lighter one" she laughs for a second then proceeds to give me my change then say "you were serious weren't you" so i just felt like saying "yes" she just smiled and said have a nice day

Kelsy
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
so whats wrong with denim!! :eek:

Yeah Karren!! What is wrong with denim!!! I agree with evey statement, you can buy whatever you want especially in this economic climate. They best be taking any sales they can get!!! We need to get over our own hangups about making those purchases! Now the denim thing is just wrong:)

Kelsy

Christinedreamer
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
CROCS!?!? I love my crocs. They are ugly as all get out but at home or shopping they are very comfy. TYVM.

Ashlyee Paige
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
DENIM! aarrgghhh I LOVE my denim skirts, mini skirts, low rise tight jeans, jackets denim is nice tight and sexy! :> and keeps you warm! that really hurt Karren! And to think I rooted for the Steelers just for you! and this is how you pay me back???? :)

Cristi
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Wait.... I didn't really mean you could buy "anything"" anything... .... you still can't buy anything ugly... Or made of denim!!! Or ugly and denim!!

Wow, you really opened a can of worms here! I rushed to post in defense of denim and found that I'm not the only one.

I agree that denim may not be the height of fashion, but my 2-3 long denim skirts are the MOST comfortable things I own for lounging around the house. When I noticed an unrepairable (for me) tear in the seam of my favorite black one, it depressed me for the rest of the week. :(

I guess denim may be kind of a regional thing. It is pretty popular up here in the Northeast.

The funny thing is, that I don't own a SINGLE pair of jeans as a guy. I just have never found a pair that fit well and was comfortable. But I own at least a dozen denim skirts of different lengths and color.

Regarding the 'Ugly and denim', yes... ther is a LOT of ugly denim out there. I can't STAND some of the skirts out there now where they try to 'dress up' a basic denim skirt with strange pockets, lace (!!), pleats or various bangles and strange dye/acid wash patterns.

Just give me a plain soft denim skirt and I'll be happy.

Karren H
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Ohhh. Denim is great... If your a miner or work on a rail road.. The rough blue and black cloth used to make the first pair of jeans by Mr Levi for the California Gold rush.. Yeah.. Sexy!! I have to admit... they are good for sopping up oil off the garage floor of splatting paint on...

And don't get me started on crocks!!! Ewwwwwww....

Tracii G
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey she's just being Karren cut her some slack.LOL.:D

Ashlyee Paige
02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Ill agree with the crocs statement but im still keeping my skirts away from the garage :>

Karen564
02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
LOL,,, I think Karren must of been referring to just regular Denim, but if it's Denim/Spandex, then that's a different story, right Karren?

Karen

Ashlyee Paige
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Ok had to do this :> found 2 pics of you in denim on your flickr album! :> Denim cannot be that bad then right? :hugs:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/?start=0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/karrenhutton/2431935457/in/set-72157604666727629/

Mandy Burgundy
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't see the big deal myself maybe cause im so used to shopping for my wife so im pretty comfortable being in the feminine depts. I even had a cashier say "oh this will look so good on you" while buying a gift for my wife i just laughed it off. Yea i agree i (except about the ugly denim thing :devil:) guess the point is if you just act natural (in any situation) no one will ever notice anything unusual.

Kelsy
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Ohhh. Denim is great... If your a miner or work on a rail road.. The rough blue and black cloth used to make the first pair of jeans by Mr Levi for the California Gold rush.. Yeah.. Sexy!! I have to admit... they are good for sopping up oil off the garage floor of splatting paint on...

And don't get me started on crocks!!! Ewwwwwww....

Hahahahaha You crack me up!!!!!

Kelsy

sometimes_miss
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
For those of us who grew up back in the 60's and 70's, denim is a huge part of the perfect 'hippie chick' outfit. Long long long hair, sunglasses, denim jacket and miniskirt, yeah man, that's a hot look! Add some Love's baby soft scents, and it takes me back to my youth. Thanks for the memories! Ahhhhhh, reminiscing!

Phyliss
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I never want to forget how nervous and embarrassed I'd get just walking past the womens section in a dept store. That was then,.. this is now, and I'm NOT worried about what "others" think.

Now, I did get embarrassed the other day in a store. Was looking at some undies. We've all seen this, a rack designed for about a dozen items is packed with at least 20 of them, balanced carefully. Saw the color and size I wanted and as I tried to remove it, the rest of the undies fell all over the place. Simply put my bag on the floor, placed the undies I wanted on it and proceeded to reset the display.
Felt embarrassed about being clumsy rather than what I was buying.

Karren H
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Ok had to do this :> found 2 pics of you in denim on your flickr album! :> Denim cannot be that bad then right? :hugs:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/?start=0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/karrenhutton/2431935457/in/set-72157604666727629/

Mental note... Delete anything that could implicate you FIRST!! Hahaha. Ok I can't see them but from memory.. The skirt was the first skirt I bought.. Wore it a few times.. ewwww. Didn't like it.. The other pair is NOT jeans.. They are capris.. And its more of a dark blue soft cotton denimish material.. Faux denim!! Lol. They are gone too!! So I have purged the evil cloth from my life and repented for my past sins... I have seen the light and its not blue!! :D

Lorileah
02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Guess i have to get rid of my denim bikini (was going to post a pict but didn't want to get in trouble ;)) and my Daisy Duke Cut-offs. Ya kinow it jus ain gonna be the same aroun the farm wit out them

beenherelongtime
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
karren, i'm really just joking, but you need to get another job, you have too much time to post. Do you really just try to excite other people on this forum, picking on their favorite denim or crocs. i now live in florida and i'm looking for crocs, some people even wear them on the golf course. i myself was never an advocate of denim, even tho when younger i bought a soft skirt. this had more to do with seeing one on someone i admired.
i wore it a few times but finally purged it.

Sandygal
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
What products do you buy in the supplement section and how well do they work?

paulaN
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I used to be so scared in those isles. I live in a small town also. I could not let anyone see me looking at or bying anything girly. Now it does not matter one bit even at my local rite aid.
Now I don't no what to do with that cute little denim skirt that I bought a couple of weeks ago. And I was so pleased with it too. Dang I almost forgot about the cut off shorts I made this winter too. Karen I'm gona have to go against ya on this one.

Michelia
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
It is affecting the whole area where you live. I have never seen any guy browsing these sections. It is always me and some GGs...

jillleanne
02-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Denim? Do they still make denim?

TGMarla
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I agree, Karen. It would seem that it is the best defense against getting read while out in public is that frankly, no one cares. Same with buying stuff. But then again, if a woman walked by me wearing some of the stuff I like to wear, I'd probably look a little closer. I dunno. So far no problems of any kind.

Nicki B
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
For a minute there, Karren, I thought you were going to say you'd been embarrassed... But it wasn't likely, was it? ;)

PetiteTonya
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
:)I was nervous when I went to the check out, but not anymore.

Karren, when you mention supplements, which ones do you take for what purpose and do they actually work?

I'm very interested:D

Beth785
02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Ohhh. Denim is great... If your a miner or work on a rail road..

Oh, great! Goin' after us railroaders, now, eh?

Rachel Morley
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Were you in boy mode or en femme in the store? .... the young guy missed a golden opportunity to learn all about moisturizer without feeling embarrassed in front of a SA, had he realized or asked you.

Anyway, yeah ... as others have said, what's wrong with denim?! A cute short denim skirt with tights and "nearly knee high" boots is a great femme look don't you think? :D

Tina P Hose
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Karen, there are 1009 comedians out of work, and you are trying to funny. Atleast you tried . ha ha....:heehee:

trannie T
02-05-2009, 10:33 PM
IMHO those who criticize denim should hang their heads in shame.

Alice Torn
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Karren, and a few of us, dream at night, of vast piles of women's jeans, burning, in every city, town, and hasmlet. The plague ended! What is a croc?

Karren H
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Karren, and a few of us, dream at night, of vast piles of women's jeans, burning, in every city, town, and hasmlet. The plague ended! What is a croc?

This......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/NileCrocodile.jpg/180px-NileCrocodile.jpg

Ohhh wait... wrong croc...

http://www.shoestoboot.com/images/crocs/cayman_kelly_green_s.jpg

docrobbysherry
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
There's NOTHING funnier than watching people! We R SO MUCH FUNNIER than than other animals!:heehee:

DENIM? I LOVE denim! In drab only, of course! But, the thot of buying DENIM jeans or skirts to wear enfem? HA HA HA HA HA!!! Not a chance in heck! Jeans, yes. But, denim? Yeah maybe, when I do a, "Sherry the horsewoman", shoot! :brolleyes:

My very FIRST fem clothing item, was a pair of denim jeans. It was also my LAST! I must see if I still have them----?

sissystephanie
02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
What products do you buy in the supplement section and how well do they work?

I know Karren mentioned Progesterone Cream as one thing she was buying. It is very good for massaging your breasts. Helps keep them firm and looking good. I use it all the time, along with Estroven. That is an herbal version of estrogen and has really helped my breast growth.

I do have to differ with Karren on Denim. First of all, it is one the best selling fabrics made. And I mean to women! Denim now comes in a lot of colors other than blue, and some of it is very soft. I have a pair of jeans that is lamost like wearing silk! Believe me, as a silk panty lover I know how silk feels! I have a lot of denim clothes; skirts, skorts, jeans, even some shirts and jackets. Maybe it is my western heritage, but I love my denim clothes. Especially the female ones!!!:heehee:

Karren H
02-06-2009, 01:04 AM
I know Karren mentioned Progesterone Cream as one thing she was buying. It is very good for massaging your breasts. Helps keep them firm and looking good. I use it all the time, along with Estroven. That is an herbal version of estrogen and has really helped my breast growth.

Yeah... I use the generic version of Estroven and I take Balck Cohosh.... and the progesterone cream.... and seems to be working!! I can fill a B cup now...

Mistybtm
02-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah... I use the generic version of Estroven and I take Balck Cohosh.... and the progesterone cream.... and seems to be working!! I can fill a B cup now...

Karen: wich Progesterone Cream do you use? and how often?

DanaR
02-06-2009, 02:05 AM

Karren,

How long did it take to get to where you could fill a B cup?

lauraabdl
02-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Guess i have to get rid of my denim bikini (was going to post a pict but didn't want to get in trouble ;)) and my Daisy Duke Cut-offs. Ya kinow it jus ain gonna be the same aroun the farm wit out them

Whats a girl got to do out here in the west ifin she don't wear jean skirts in all sorts of lenghts.
Well I for one love my jean skirts and I'm stickin to my guns, they are staying in my closet, where I can wear them.
Laura

Paula Siemen
02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

Not shorthand for "I'm a Ho"?

Paula Siemen
02-06-2009, 08:40 AM
CROCS!?!? I love my crocs. They are ugly as all get out but at home or shopping they are very comfy. TYVM.

They call'm CROCS cause they're ugly as a CROCKODILE!!!

Sharon B.
02-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Personally, I can't go into the grocery store without buying something for my feminine self.
As far as Wal-mart is concerned, I have to be really desperate to go in there, may be cheaper but that don't have enough cashiers in the ones around me. Plus they don't pay their help that much for the prices they charge.
Just my two cents worth.

flatlander_48
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
This......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/NileCrocodile.jpg/180px-NileCrocodile.jpg

Ohhh wait... wrong croc...

http://www.shoestoboot.com/images/crocs/cayman_kelly_green_s.jpg

It's interesting that Crocs are fairly popular here in Taiwan. But even more so is seeing guys wear pink ones. Pink doesn't have quite the same negative connotation that it does in the US. I have also seen a number of guys with pink scooter helmets. I think it is a case of "yeah, whatever" when folks go to the department stores. No fashion sense is implied or recognized...

Oh, and I didn't think any of the guys were gay. Pink is Pink without a big deal attached...

valenstein
02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Well Karren I've never seen ugly denim. And a remark like that hurts me girl.:hugs:
Angie

Two words: Acid Wash.

Seriously though, cheap denim and good denim are worlds apart. It's like comparing Mercerized or Sateen cotton to a raw cotton boll.

Mistybtm
02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Not shorthand for "I'm a Ho"?

that was to good LMAO