PDA

View Full Version : Well it happened

Annaliese
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
In my last class on Tuesday, one of my students out of the blue ask if I was wearing makeup. Now this student does everything to keep from doing math this is her second time in my class.
What I did was nothing I just keep on teaching. One of the other students said it must be true because I said nothing.
I did not get much sleep that night, thinking about what happened.
What I came up with, is, I did the right thing and that I would continue to wear makeup every day at work. The next day she sent me an e-mail and said she was sorry for the comment on makeup, my reply was everything is all right. If she or any other student wants to ask me out of class then I will talk with them about it. If I would have responded to her question then the day would have been a total loss. I have so much to cover in 15 week that giving up one day is not an option.
Hug to all of you.

Annaliese

JoAnne Wheeler
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Your response to the e-mail was very appropriate

JoAnne Wheeler

deja true
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Um...Think you might wanna be careful about conversing with your students outside of class time without witnesses... especially about issues like this...

Just a thought!

Stay safe, hun. It's hard to figure what kind of mischief teens might be up to. Some have a kinda muddled sense of what's really right and wrong.

Karren H
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Um...Think you might wanna be careful about conversing with your students outside of class time without witnesses... especially about issues like this...

Just a thought!

Stay safe, hun. It's hard to figure what kind of mischief teens might be up to. Some have a kinda muddled sense of what's really right and wrong.

Also along the same line... Be very bery careful in that job.. Story........ when my daughter was in elementary school for halloween.. All the teachers wor Men in Black outfits.. All the women were in slacks and the only man was in drag.. Black skirt suit, heels, wig makeup.. He looked hot!! Like he had done this before. Although someone could have made him up.. . Well the students thought it was cool.. The teachers had no prblems.. But appearently some of the parents were less than happy and went to the school board and the guy was not there the next year.. They did not renue his contract... So be very careful especially if it gets out to the parents..

Annaliese
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Just a thought!

This was a woman in her mid-30 and yes you are right about talking to them.

[QUOTE= So be very careful especially if it gets out to the parents..[/QUOTE]

I teach at a University so the parents is not a problem but the school is in Utah the most conservative state in the Nation.

So today a week after one of my students ask if i wear makeup another student in the same class when I ask here a question she said yes mam then change it to yes sir.