PDA

View Full Version : Harrassed for the first time

Michelia
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I have been going out more and more, mostly in pretty feminine stuff but without make up, etc. It has just turned out that way. I was tired of being in the closet waiting till I pass or until I have time to make up, etc. - which I never do. So when ever I get a chance I will slip some femme clothes on even if it is for lunch and go somewhere. So far, I have been nothing less than amazed that no one has ever said anything to me. I get the looks and people point me out, but every one has always been very nice.

The crazy thing is that this happened while I was in drab with no feminine stuff on me. I did not even have my toes painted.

I went into the Payless just for a quick visit and I found this pair of shoes that I just had to try on because they were only five dollars. No sooner did I have them on, when these two guys popped up and started talking to each other in a normal voice. As soon as they noticed me, they started talking in a real effeminate manner and laughing. "Oh those are such pretty shoes, here try these on". Then the other guy would start " Oh no, those are just too ****ty, they are going to make me look like a wh***"

I just decided to not let them get to me and ignore them, so I just went about my business like they were not even there. Finally the SA came to my rescue with a big loud and in-charge sounding , "what is going on here, guys, can I help you?" I got my shoes and paid for them and got out of there without showing any distress and with a smile on my face happy with my new find.

Overall, I had always feared this kind of thing soooo much. I was surprised it never really irritated me that much. I guess my skin is getting a little thicker...

JoAnne Wheeler
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
It sounds like the SA came to your rescue - was the Sa a GG ?

Young guys are as bad as teenage girls !

JoAnne Wheeler

Michelia
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
The two guys were black and in their twenties. Not teenagers. The SA was a black GG with a definite sense of authority. They backed off quickly.

trisha59
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I tell you Payless is going to get the Crossdressers seal of approval. I'v heard nothing but good things about them.

renee k
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Probably if you had gone enfemme nothing would have been said.:2c:

Renee

PrettyFlowingGown
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Payless are good over here too. I spent 10 min. looking for ladies shoes weds. morn, and there was a lady next to me shopping aswell. She knew I was a CD cause of the way I was closely looking at the shoes, but she did'nt seem to care. She was minding her buisness, as I was too. The sales girl was tremendous. She asked if they were the right size, I said "I'm an 8 in mens, so size 9 should be right". She said "Right on".
But I've never been harassed once.

tamarav
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
The sad thing is that those two guys would probably harass you regardless of what you were trying on. They sound like they were just out looking for someone to "loud talk" at.

People like that don't do anyone any good at all. For what it is worth, I have had problems with such folks in drab with my wife! It is just the way some people are, they have to pump up their own importance by cutting someone else down.

Are you still carrying your pepper spray???

insearchofme
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I might be just me but I hate bullys and those two were bullies!

I am confrontational and would have got in their faces. It may have gotten physical, but one of them would have regretted ever being in the store ( I am getting a bit older). Most of the times if you confront people like that they back down. Just because we're men shopping for femme items doesn't mean we have to back down.

Niya W
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
They were looking for some weak. One of these day they will pick on the wrong person.

Michelia
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
The sad thing is that those two guys would probably harass you regardless of what you were trying on. They sound like they were just out looking for someone to "loud talk" at.

People like that don't do anyone any good at all. For what it is worth, I have had problems with such folks in drab with my wife! It is just the way some people are, they have to pump up their own importance by cutting someone else down.

Are you still carrying your pepper spray???

I have been thinking about getting some pepper spray. It is probably well overdue. I will act on it.

Tina P Hose
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
The two brainless idiots will meet KARMA one day::thumbsup:

Evie08
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Taser now has a purse size Taser gun in pink. "Reach out and touch someone" ...

Beth785
02-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I was out at the mall yesterday and a group of about 4 or so young males were cackling at me. I just walked right on past them. It is a proven fact that some people are just a**-holes. It must be in their genes.

msginaadoll
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Well I for one am happy to say the situation was handled appropriately. The sales associate took control of the situation like they should for any customer. Just sorry you had tto deal with the jerks.

Alice Torn
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Evie, I live in Tacoma. Did you buy one of those tasers? Did you order one on the net, or does a store carry them? I just hope thugs don't get some. Sometimes thugs use pepper spray on victims.

Alice Torn
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
You use one of those tasers, and you might hear, "Don't taze me bro!, or siss!" And be on national tv, and you tube!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I went to Walmart later in the evening to get a light timer for my home, while I am away. Well I wore tight spandex leggings and had ballet like flats. Some group of older teenage black males came in and were wandering the store making rude remarks, Like commenting on my derriere, and my bowling shoes. They couldn't tell flats from bowling shoes. I just ignored them and they eventually just left and went elsewhere in the store to harrass other younger women.. Sometimes people are just plain low class derriere holes. :battingeyelashes:

kay2
02-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Sorry that happened to you Michelia. I've had one similar experience.

I'd like to politely offer a plea to all of us to leave out references to skin color - I don't see it as relevant to this discussion.

Hugs all around

tricia_uktv
02-06-2009, 06:26 AM
It happens to me but very rarely. You do need to develop a thick skin but I always ask the same question. Whose problem is it?

Kelsy
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Michelia,

You handled things perfectly and the SA was great. those two guys had to prove to themselves that they were real "men" maybe they're a lil insecure:heehee: Fact probably is they were jealous that you were getting a fab pair of shoes!!

Kelsy

Shadeauxmarie
02-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I would e-mail the company with the location and the details of how the SA cmae to your aid. Those types of comments go a long way in retail.

Tracey Corset
02-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Overall, I had always feared this kind of thing soooo much. I was surprised it never really irritated me that much. I guess my skin is getting a little thicker...
Well done Michelia for reacting the way you did, i really can't say what i would have done in the same situation, probably turned red and walked out, if it did happen i would try to remember what you did and get on with it
Tracey

Maria1963
02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
In my opinion as long as a girlie goes out dressing their age and not looking like an old tart they just blend in with society around them.