PDA

View Full Version : Out en femme

Michelia
02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I have been going out a lot as a guy with girl clothes, but I feel femme when I do it and I am learning that is what counts. Passing has lost its significance for me and this has been fantastic because I no longer require it to go out.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered my new feminine glasses and I ended up buying them at JC Penney. I was mostly in drab, but had my ponytail up high and had some lip gloss on. The lady challenged me to come in fully dressed to pick up my glasses. Now I had already been to a Dillard's as a guy in a dress and had a marvelous experience. But that was in a smaller mall and in a Dillard's for women. So I was very nervous today to go back here in my new 3" heeled red suede boots, my tight black girly pants, and a very feminine blouse with black and red dots on a white background. I also had a woolen throw with these little furry balls hanging from it. This is one of the two biggest malls in the state. It took me three hours to get ready. Full make up and jewelry, but no breasts. About as dressed as I ever get. I just could not wait any longer to do it. Besides, I had promised the optician.

I was surprised by how little attention I got. I have gotten used to getting all these stares. Of course I was still not passable. But just the mere fact that I was fully dressed and made up probably made most people not include me in their radar screen. I did get some circumspect looks from a few gents, but not the wide mouth or wide eye look I get sometimes. I met my friend and put on my new glasses and went shopping for lingerie and socks. Then I hopped over to Dillard’s for a belt and then the MAC store. Amazing. If I had been passing, I would not have known it. With my 3 in. boots I am 6’ 2”. I do not use beard cover because I hate it. So my beard does show through. MAC does have this new product coming out in a couple of days for medium to full coverage that is supposed to be the max. I got my sample on reserve.

Everything went so well I am staying dressed. I will have to cover up a little to pick up my kid from school and I will take him to eat pizza at our favorite place. This time I will go as I am. It is usually packed on Friday nights. We’ll see if everything goes the same at the pizza place. They have never seen me en femme. I do hope we do not meet anyone we know…

Michelia
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
So we went out for pizza. Just got back. I picked up my eight year old and we went to our usual place (his favorite). I was totally en femme and he went in first and scoped out the place to make sure there was no one we knew. He signaled for me to go in and we got a table in the middle of the restaurant. There must have been about 15 of the 20 tables occupied.

Everyone was totally cool and very friendly and there was no ogling or people wandering around us trying to check us out. About mid way through, a large group came in and joined the four tables remaining right next to us. As the rest of the group trickled in we sensed some of them pointing our way and creating a hush hush commotion. They seemed to be mostly immigrants and maybe even tourists.

I guess they had never seen a crossdresser out with his kid for pizza! When we finished, they all turned to watch us exit. No one said anything. It was total silence. All eyes were on us. All in all, it was fun! And my boy enjoyed it so much he wants to do it again!

Celeste
02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Thats so funny,you should given them a bow or a "welcome to America"as you were exiting.

boardpuppy
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
It doesn't matter if you pass or not, especially if you are doing something you enjoy. I can tell you son diffenitely enjoyed himself and being out with him was all the reason you needed. I like your blouse (especially the color), can I ask where did you get it.

tricia_uktv
02-06-2009, 07:04 AM
The breakthough for me came when I realised that, for me, it was not about passing. I could then relax and enjoy myself. I have met others who are totally fixated with passing that they can't.

Chari
02-06-2009, 07:28 AM
If you are comfortable and confident in who you are and what you wear, you should be out and about enjoying your life! You are NOT harming anyone or being a threat to national security. LOL Double standards continue in that a GG can wear mens items and its "fashion", but if a guy wears ANYTHING feminine, he has to suffer the "slings and arrows" of the ignorant! Thanx for sharing your adventures!

JoAnne Wheeler
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Yours is a wonderful story that should be an inspiration to all of us - it shows whay courage, determination, and confidence can do

JoAnne Wheeler

Michelia
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
It doesn't matter if you pass or not, especially if you are doing something you enjoy. I can tell you son diffenitely enjoyed himself and being out with him was all the reason you needed. I like your blouse (especially the color), can I ask where did you get it.

Thanks. I will try to get out there more often dressed. It is great when I can knock out the two things at the same time. Normally, it would be do I dress or do I spend time with my kid? The child always wins so I have no time for dressing unless it is very superficial (like at lunchtime). This allows me to do both, and he gets a kick out of it. He thinks they were all a lot nicer to us yesterday than they have ever been. I was probably too self-conscious to notice. I got my blouse at CATO.

The breakthough for me came when I realised that, for me, it was not about passing. I could then relax and enjoy myself. I have met others who are totally fixated with passing that they can't.

Could not have said it better myself.

Yours is a wonderful story that should be an inspiration to all of us - it shows whay courage, determination, and confidence can do

JoAnne Wheeler

Thanks, Joanne. It has been because of people like you and so many others on THIS forum!

Angie G
02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Good for you sounds like you enjoyed you day out.:hugs:
Angie

fancy nancy
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I dress in femine clothing pretty much all the time .The only thing I haven't done yet is go out in public in a skirt or a dress.But I am considering it soon as soon as I get my wigs that are on order.

Ashlyee Paige
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
whats this new MAC product??? :>

StacyCD
02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
It took a long time for me to accept that it's not important to be 'mistaken' for a woman (i.e., the 'holy grail' of passing) but rather to be accepted based on my presentation. If I'm out strolling the mall in jeans and heels and am treated just as anybody else then I'm thrilled!

Michelia
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Thats so funny,you should given them a bow or a "welcome to America"as you were exiting.

I should have. That would have been so funny. If I could have held my laughter!

whats this new MAC product??? :>

It is called Studio Sculpt Foundation. It is coming out with some other new products such as line fillers and pore reducers that are due out any day now. There is a guy I know that works doing makeovers at people's homes and he used to work for MAC. He still uses mostly their stuff. He told me he went to some show or event where they previewed these products and he was impressed. He also said he normally does not get too excited about their new things, but that this stuff was great. We will see. I will report.

I have tried different beard covers and I do not use any of them. I hate them all. I went to the store to check on Full Cover, which I had never tried but heard much about. They discontinued it except at the Pro stores. The closest one is in Dallas. So I am going to try this new line.

Pamella
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much for your experiance,it sure gives me confidance to do the same. I havent been out in full dress in public yet. I have ben to meetings where I can dress at the meeting and have gone out in the car a few times. I have a friend trying to get me to go to some carport sales and later to a breakfast at a small family place. I was planning on it this morning but as usual I have an excuse. I did enjure my knee yesterday and decided I should stay off of it,but next weekend with what you experianced I am going to try.I am not passible even though my girlfriend says otherwise,Thank you for giving me an ease of mind
Hugs and Kisses Pamella