PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Accounts

Emily Elizabeth LaFo
06-17-2005, 04:17 AM
I no that alot of you girls have an ebay account, well im not special and do not have one, since they require a credit card. I dont have a credit card becuase of parents would go pysco and that I would prolly have it maxed out on girl clothe's. So I was woundering is their a way around this or could I share one, or something like that. I would of pay in money order, and of course not use the credit card, since you would of course no and would prolly be very angry and that is not my goal to get u angry. Thanks to anyone that helps

DanaJ
06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
I'll help you out right here real quick like - you do NOT need a credit card to have an eBay account. There, your problem is all solved.... go bid on all sort of stuff and pay them with your money orders.

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
06-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Have you tried to get a prepaid mastercard? They run twenty bucks and they work anywhere just like a regular credit card. All you have to do is put your money on the card and don't try to go over the limit.

Emily Elizabeth LaFo
06-17-2005, 04:54 AM
i have tried biding on stuff, but in the end asks for an account, where could i get one of these so called prepaid credit caards, will this like kill my ccredit and other crap like real credit cards do.

DanaJ
06-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Yes, they ask for your eBay account, you have to be registered on eBay to bid. You do NOT have to have a credit card to register on eBay - period!

Just to be sure, I just went thru the registration process, no credit card number was asked for....

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
06-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Ok should you not listen to Dana, you can go to any check cashing store and purchase a prepaid MC for a one time 20$ fee. Costs you a dollar to buy on line, two dollars to buy off line, and two dollars to reload it. Oh one draw back. You can't spend more than 5 grand in a day even if you have it loaded on the card:D

I think you may be able to get it elsewhere, but I am not sure what is up in your area. It's good to have for other things besides E-bay. But you may want to try Dana's approach as far as that is concerned for now :)

jo_ann
06-17-2005, 05:18 AM
does paypal require a credit card for backup? cuz if not, then you could add funds to that account and use it as a credit card account.

sarah
06-17-2005, 05:37 AM
I have had an ebay account for ages and you can pay anyway you like unless they ask for paypal only ..i have paid by transfer,checque, and card.. :help:

Katie Ashe
06-17-2005, 08:11 AM
You can pay almost any way you want, but buy from reputable persons only if your new there. Make sure you read all the way throught the person auction before deciding!!! shipping cost can kill ya and look for hiding cost or return policies.
Hope this helps alittle, joining is free and quick. I have been with ebay since 1997.

Katie

Ashley in Virginia
06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
You don't need a credit card so long as you have a email address through a mojor internet provider. My email is through comcast. I didn't need one. I tried to change my email to my yahoo address and it wouldn't take it. It also wouldn't take my new isp's address (optimumonline).

As far as a credit card goes, Ebay will accept a debit card, you know an atm card with the visa logo. Thats what my account is registered with.

Paypal requires a verified bank account on file. Either a check or a credit/debit card will do here.

Wendy me
06-17-2005, 12:47 PM
would it not be a lot easyer to just go to a store and just buy the items??????????

Tristen Cox
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Not everyone is ready to take that step yet. It may be inspiring and even easier but maybe we just need more time to feel comfortable.

Mitzi
06-17-2005, 01:14 PM
I use money orders exclusively to buy stuff for Mitzi on ebay. When sellers specify PayPal or credit cards only, I email them before bidding and ask whether money orders will be accepted, Most of the times they will.

As for an email addy, I use a free Hotmail account just for Mitzi, using address and phone number of a source I trust, my TG mail service. It costs $50 a year, but it's well worth it. When I first signed up for ebay, I foolishly gave my real data, which caused an unfortunate incident, but that's a another story.

Mitzi

Julie
06-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Before bidding check out the payment details for that particular item, some will be credit card or paycheck. I do not buy this way and only bid if the seller accepts personal cheques, I have had no problems paying by this method and a couple of times recieved the goods whilst the cheque was still in the mail.

As has already been stated you do not need a credit card to have an e-bay account.
~Julie~

Wenda
06-17-2005, 11:35 PM
You don't need a credit card for a Pay Pal account. You need a verified bank account number, an address and a land line phone number. (I dont have a land line at my house, only my cell, so I had to verify from work.) I made a little mistake and registered as Wenda. the people I am ordering from don't know or care who I am. The people who deliver the mail are neighbours. Use your normal mailing address name. Caution! spent over $2,000 as a result of this convenience, all on femme stuff. Have fun. wenda.

Imogen_Mann
06-18-2005, 03:43 AM
The way it was explained to me, I don't need a credit card to BUY things on eBay... but I DO need one to sell things, as I need to pay eBay Listing fees.

Paypal needs a credit card or debit card as far as I can tell. Neither eBay or Paypal are too keen on people sharing acconts, but I do share PayPal, with my Ex partner. The only problem is she can see the details of anything I buy. For this reason, and for the star rating and feedback thing, quite a lot of people wont share accounts unless they know and trust you 100% A positive feedback percentage is VITAL on Ebay to sellers... If we have poor feedback, people look elsewhere (BTW... my feedback is good, 131 feedbcaks only 1 negative and 1 neutral, all the rest positive).
If you're gonna be spending or recieving money, you need to trust whomever you share with 100% too. I am lucky that my ex and I have trust levels at 110%. We have a kid, we have to be in that total trust zone and I'm happy with it.

Also remember... on eBay, your proifile and star rating is available to anyone and anyone can see the item numbers associated with your purchases, and therefore, can see what you bought.

As always I am happy to be corrected.

XX

Jayme

kaylia
06-22-2005, 01:41 AM
You don't need a CC. You just need a email address from like road runner or aol etc. a inter service provider. Email accounts through hotmail yahoo etc. won't work. Also you can have paypal with your checking account.

Wendy me
06-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Not everyone is ready to take that step yet. It may be inspiring and even easier but maybe we just need more time to feel comfortable.

you know tristen your right ....and i so sorry to say just go to the store and buy it ....ok i know that it is hard for some to do i myselfe in the begining
made a few panick runs out of stores without buying anything...froze up and could not get out of the car to even go in the store......(ok now showing my age) that was before this internet thingy and if you wanted something you had two choises eather go without it or suck it up and go get it .....no matter how scared you were....now i just go get what ever i want.....

for you girls that can't or are afraid to go to the stores what a blessing the internet is..........

Tristen Cox
06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Before the internet, yes that was aweful for those including me who wanted to explore but were too afraid to go and buy things. I get what I can in the stores, but mind you I don't go prancing into an all womens clothing store and ask to try something on. I did a few mail orders and window shopped magazines until I finally got my own computer. And yeah I went nuts with the money once I saw how easy it was online. I came back with a couple things. I know my sizes and I know what looks good on me now. So when I do go to the store I won't have to waste so much time figuring it out and making the wrong purchase. I still go and buy my own shoes at the store though. Payless is your friend :D

azure
06-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I want to open my own ebay shop, does anyone know do I have to get my account verified first. Ive gone to the "create your ebay sellers account" prompt and wait ages while it tries to open, then it times out and says this page in unable to open. Im pretty sure its because Im not verified yet, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows about the process. Thankyou!!!

veronicaM
06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
hi there,
a thought for you: get a checking account that has the availability of getting a visa or mastercard logo DEBIT card. A place that requires a credit card (visa/ mastercard) usually will take that. I believe that you can get an Ebay account without a credit card. Ebay and paypal use the numbers to "id verify" a member and to charge payments to if desired at each purchase.

If you get a Debit card-- KNOW !!! that any purchases you make are withdrawn from your account Immediately! You must have the Cash
available in the account. Otherwise your purchase will be declined

Watch how a seller wants payment. some specify - PayPal ONLY or other restrictions.

I usually only buy from people that will take money orders.
A personal choice, I pay for items with a - US postal service money order or a bank money order, instead of the ones at the grocery stores. They might cost a bit more but I think it might give the seller a bit of- peace of mind.

Using a money order through snail mail, means you have to be patient to receive your purchase.

Good Luck, Veronica