PDA

View Full Version : Do your forms cause back ache?

Sandra
02-07-2009, 07:41 PM
For a while Nigella has had a problem with muscle pain between her shoulders, :sad: She's was given some tablets and told to take then when needed. She stopped around the middle of Dec as things had improved, then last night she said she thought she'd have to start taking them again.

The other night I was getting ready for work and she was putting her nightie on and whinced, saying that the pain was there, and said "I'll have to get some smaller forms these must be too heavy, and that's what is causing the pain" I looked at her and just burst out :lol:

Hell if she had real ones then she'd know about back ache.

Karren H
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Personally ids say that weak stomach muscles cause most back aches.. And when you throw a few extra pounds in a different place then that makes it worse.. She probably has two choices.. 1) Exersize!! Work whose muscles.. And stretch them out before putting on the forms.. No one ever said being a woman was an easy sport!! Lol. Or option 2)... Get anothe set of forms and another bra and wear them on her back to balance the front ones!! :D. Lol

Di
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
You two are so fun:D

JenniferR771
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Fell out of my chair! LOL! Very practical suggestion, that second part. Balance the weight. Are you an engineer by any chance, Karren?

Actually, I suggested the very same idea to my brother. He snores terrible. My suggestion was to wear his wife's bra backwards and insert two tennis balls. That way he could not sleep on his back--problem solved.

vivianann
02-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Loved your story Sandra, its funny. I wonder does breast forms cause back aches to some peaple who wear them, I wear DD's, I hope I never get back pains with them.:D

Mandy_Enjoi_hers
02-08-2009, 04:27 AM
i deal with this problem all the time. if the pain is in your shoulders or between them, its either your pectorals major and minor. they are responsible for rolling the shoulders forward and down. that's why all you computer workers have this pain. stretching and exercising your pecs helps to reduce this pain. massage is another great way to help alleviate the pain, that's if the therapist is competent enough to work the pecs out.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-08-2009, 12:35 PM
NO !

JoAnne Wheeler

Nigella
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Well I must admit I am sat here grinning my head off at this one.

My comment was made light heartedly and that is how Sandra took it.

Yes I do get back ache, but it is because of how I sit at a computer at work, that has been sorted now.

Some need to see the funny side of things sometimes.

Karren H
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Fell out of my chair! LOL! Very practical suggestion, that second part. Balance the weight. Are you an engineer by any chance, Karren?

Yeah!!! F=Ma and you can't push on a rope!! lol

Sandra
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Some need to see the funny side of things sometimes.

Well I saw the funny side :tongueout

linnea
02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Personally ids say that weak stomach muscles cause most back aches.. And when you throw a few extra pounds in a different place then that makes it worse.. She probably has two choices.. 1) Exersize!! Work whose muscles.. And stretch them out before putting on the forms.. No one ever said being a woman was an easy sport!! Lol. Or option 2)... Get anothe set of forms and another bra and wear them on her back to balance the front ones!! :D. Lol

yep. those are the choices.

MissConstrued
02-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Get anothe set of forms and another bra and wear them on her back to balance the front ones!! :D. Lol

Sounds like an engineer, all right. Add stuff to fix a problem that would be best solved by removing the problem. :D

Penny
02-09-2009, 03:10 AM
How funny! As Cds we sure do create problems for ourselves. Sometimes we have the weight of the would strapped to our shoulders, figuratively
speaking.:heehee: At last, who are to complain when we know all too well the painstaking efforts women must endure to look there very best.

On the other hand, my daddy was raised on a form. Workin forms is hard.
What with razin chikinz, sloppin hogs, workin them thar fields and such.
Many a former has come in with their back a hurtin.

It's hard to say if it's the job or the hobby

:hugs:

Penny

Kate Simmons
02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Yep, this one gave me a chuckle for sure when I read it Sandra as in: "Be careful what we wish for.";):)

jking90
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
My huge ones, yes, do cause back pain.

tamarav
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
So I tried Karren's method of adding weight to the backside, then my ankles hurt. Do you think adding weight to the shoes would help?

Susan Dee
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Nigella

I had IT-created problems with my shoulders and back for some years, and my physiotherapist recommended a neat bit of software which has really made a difference.

It helps you get the right posture sitting at your PC, guides through exercises, and ensures breaks are taken. It's reasonably priced too, with a single user version available at GBP 29.00. It's WorkPace Personal - see http://www.workpace.com/

When I'm dressed I walk and move far more slowly, and I know that I stand more upright. I have a really great pair of forms and recently bought a bigger pair (a nice bounce, but expensive on new tops). The heavier weight up front is making me keep my shoulders back even more and I have a much better posture.

My physiotherapist would be pleased - but maybe I will let her think any improvement is down to my exercises !

Susan