PDA

View Full Version : purged

Michelle Ellis
02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
my pics LOL

I was feeling crazy (everyone says I'm not and shouldn't say it) but I was feeling really *nutz* so I deleted all of my pictures :doh:better those than anything else!

I probly shouldn't have been looking at them in such a state... oh well. Guess it's time to start a new collection.

M

Gabrielle Hermosa
02-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I did that with some of my early pictures. I got so paranoid after saving them on my computer, I didn't want to risk them getting out. Purged a few videos as well... that move was probably very smart. ;)

Just minutes ago, I was trying to unlock some of the first pictures I chose not to purge - taken in December 2007. They're in an encrypted zip file. I can't remember the password! I just remember it was really, really long. They're STUCK in there!

I don't purge my pics anymore. I want some memories when I get too old to do this anymore. I love my pics. Getting hacked is always a chance, but so is getting shot in the head as soon as one walks out the door every day, right?

You regret your pic purge at all?

Michelle Ellis
02-08-2009, 12:01 AM
oh, don't regret it too badly, some were 'ok' some were terrible ;)

I need a better camera too, mines so old now...

M

CD Susan
02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
This is what I should do with the pics I have in my computer. I'm sure that there are hundreds of them that I consider not good enough to share with others. There is no point in me keeping them so I need to purge them and start over. I recieved a new digital camera as a Christmas present but have not used it yet. I think this is just from being too lazy to get dressed up and take some new pics. I hope to do this soon. I think part of it is because I would rather take pics outside than inside. Well I am not going to wait until spring so I better get busy doing it now.

Gabrielle Hermosa
02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
oh, don't regret it too badly, some were 'ok' some were terrible ;)

I hear you on that. MOST of my pics fall in the terrible category. Of the dozens of pics I have, only a small handful turned out half-decent. I look more man than woman in most of them. :(

I'll still keep the bad ones, even if I never show anyone. Always good to know what doesn't work well when taking photos so as not to repeat it, right?

Sally2005
02-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Good excuse to make some new ones... :-)

Samantha43
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Pictures.....I need to delete some of mine. I bet I have 2000+ pictures of Samantha. Out of all those pictures there are maybe 100 good ones.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I no longer like PURGES of any kind - brings back too many bad memories.

JoAnne Wheeler

Lisa Golightly
02-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Guess you'll be wanting those tips pretty soon if you're shooting new pics... ;)

Lisa xxx

geri-tg.
02-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Now you can start over and enjoy seeing the flash knowing it is you in the lens.:hugs:

simonestrt
02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
about 5 years ago i thought it would be a good thing to purge all off my cloths. That did not stop me from dressing i had to buy more to make me feel better

Joanne f
02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
:lol: I have thought of doing that a few times, but then i thought , sod it i will wind the ones up that don`t like it more by keeping them :lol: in any case is en`t that a girlie thing temper tantrums, the best of us have them :lol: and i am old enough to no better :D well you would think so

suzypier
02-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Next time, do not delete your pictures. Put it on a cd or dvd using cd-lock. So nobody will be able to see what you have on it. :)

about 5 years ago i thought it would be a good thing to purge all off my cloths. That did not stop me from dressing i had to buy more to make me feel better

When you start crossdressing you are trapped, you can't stop anymore ! :)

Karren H
02-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I only did that once... The day my wife found out.. I was over in Ohio working enfemme and had takes some awesome photos.. Along the river... I so regret doing that!! And I also lost a ton in a usb hard drive crash!! Sigh......

JenniferR771
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah! I got rid of the pics from my first ever professional makeover--human hair wig, professional pics--I was young then--sigh. I started to feel, "Why hang onto to these pics -they are only a liability if they are ever discovered." Back when i was still in the closet.

Lisa Golightly
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I also lost a ton in a usb hard drive crash!! Sigh......

Actually one of my favourite photos was lost in a hard drive collapse... I have a tiny copy which is in my album entitled The Inner Gilda... If anyone ever downloaded a copy of the proper sized one I'd be eternally grateful for a copy... Pretty please...

Karren H
02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Awwww.... I think I lost almost a years worth... the informative years... lol Good luck finding that, Lisa!!

Kathleen Grace
02-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I have five photos of Kathleen. She doesn't get out much. At least not yet. ;)

StacyCD
02-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Most of my photos are not very good but I can certainly see a progression from really terrible to just bad! I'm probably being too hard on myself because in the photos I see all my faults. However, when I'm out I seem to stop worrying about all my faults and try to focus on just having fun. But it's nice to see a progression in the right direction. Perhaps by the time I'm 96 I'll have this makeup thing down pat.

docrobbysherry
02-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I used to do what I do now, only on a smaller scale. Take digital videos and pick out the best 50 to 100 frames! Up until about 2 years ago, I would delete ALL those pics, except for the best one or two!:doh:

I worried about my girls seeing them on the computer!:eek:

The GOOD NEWS is; if I ever want to re-load those video tapes, the pics r still there to be re-edited!:)

Another good reason to take videos!:D

Michelle Ellis
02-08-2009, 06:00 PM
No hurries Lisa ;) (stupid camera) lol

I really wasn't worried about anyone finding them so much as like Joane said, it was a girlie tantrum... somedays your mental picture of yourself is just so far off from your pics... let's just say it wasn't doing my self esteem any favors.

M

Beth785
02-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I had film cameras way back when I was a kid, but never cared for constantly having to develop all of those rolls of film. I bought my first digital camera in early 2002 as an after thought, thinking I would never take any pictures with it. Boy was I ever wrong!

I constantly take pictures. Of everything and anything. I always at least carry my point and shoot with me (Canon SD770IS) and often take along my DSLR (Canon Rebel XTi). I NEVER delete any pictures, unless they are just absolutely out of focus or horribly blurred. 20 years down the road, when you look back at all of the memories, whether they are blurred, out of focus, poorly composed, over/under exposed or what have you, they are still YOUR memories. They will help you remember the good times and also the bad.

Speaking of the bad, I put a Case 580SL backhoe on it's side in June and chose not to take any pictures (even though I did have the camera) and now regret that. I kinda wish I had those now.

Tina B.
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh no! I would never do more than thin out a few now and then, I have Pictures that go back over thirty years, and as I age and and have when I feel old and ugly, I love to ,dig out the old pictures and see how I looked back when I was young. Styles, hair do's, and how I was able to put it all together, it's fun to look back. I keep them on my computer, but if I get to feeling bad about them, and delete them, I have back ups hidden with my girlie stuff, I figure if anyone finds my stash, the photographs won't make that much difference.
Tina

Celeste
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
If you do retain a folder of them it is a great reference as to what will and will not work.I also like to enlarge and photo shop them when I don't feel like taking new ones ,sometimes ones I thought were trash can be worked with.

msginaadoll
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I have done that with some of my pics. I just felt i looked ugly and what was use keeping them. Now I realize that I have gotten better with makeup and even putting an outfit together. I remember a few years back a guy saw my pic and tole me i look like "Fred Flinstone in drag." To this day when someone asks me what I look like that is my response. At first it hurt, now its funny and a reminder to not take myself so seriously.

danielle_from_cal
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I think one thing that almost all crossdressers have in common is a time in the past when we have purged. It is as normal as the sun setting in the evening. (And starting over again is as normal as the sun rising in the morning). The only time I purged my photos was when I gave my wife my laptop. But the best ones are somewhere (on this site, with my sisters, or on my spaces page or elsewhere).

Tasha McIntyre
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I take well over 100 photos every time I have a session, but end up purging all but a couple. It's hard objectively judging your own photos though!

Recently I looked at some I took a few months ago when I first used make up and a wig and thought "how hideous". These were deleted into cyberspace - or cyber nothingness quick smart lol.

I look more man than woman in most of them. :(

I hear ya Gabs......ditto

Cheers

Tash :)

Alice Torn
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I am always behind the times on electroncs. Just got a used dvd player! I still use 35 mm film cameras, take the film to get developed, have not owned a digital yet, don't know how to use one. A few weeks ago, somehow, i lost a whole folder, with a few hundred of my newest pics- Bummer! I may have just pushed the wrong key. Almost all my early pics, I wore sunglasses, hoping to look more fem, but, before I tried makeup, and masceral. Some were fairly good, but, in almost all, my farmer-tanned arms, and huge hands gave me away.