PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational quote

KaraChristine
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
"Everyone dies but not everyone lives. Live your life in a way that makes you happy and proud. It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers."
- Anais Nin

Once in a while I come across a quote that speaks directly to our experience as transgender warriors. It does take courage and strength and character to be ourselves in a hostile world. I have so much admiration for all of you who share your stories here.

Please remember that we are heroes in every sense of the word, and that our example broadens everyone's mind. Most people live their lives constrained in their own boxes. Our lives help show them that it's possible to break free and be your own person. That is such a wonderful gift to give the world, makes it all worthwhile even when we have to put up with intolerance and ignorance.

I love, honor and respect all of you for having the strength to be yourselves - and I'm proud to stand beside you as an open transgender woman :hugs:

Kara :love:

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/karachristine/crookedgrin_tiny.jpg

Zenith
02-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I've heard that quote before Kara, but never thought of it in the context of being transgendered...thanks for reminding us..:hugs:

Alana65
02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Kara, that quote by Anais Nin is nice, but what you expressed below it was just beautiful & touching.........I got all teary-eyed because it made me think about how much I appreciate all the love & support I've gotten since joining this board just over a year ago. :hugs: to all.

SusanMarie
02-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Ooooo I luv that quote!

By the way, can I have your smile, yours is way better than mine.

:D

Kaitlyn Michele
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I agree with alana....i liked the quote...i liked your quote better Kara!!!:daydreaming:

i agree with you and it's funny because somedays i can feel that way about myself and other days i just cant!!

i have to learn that those days where i'm down on myself are just in my head, because the truth is it takes incredible courage and inner strength to go down this path.....not that i felt like i had a choice

love your pic!
michele

tanyalynn51
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I dont always feel like a hero- sometimes when i see how far other girls are in this process, and way more out in the open than I am, I feel pretty cowardly. But, I do get inspiration on here everytime I visit, and feel strengthened by the encouragement.

~Kelly~
02-15-2009, 03:56 AM
"Everyone dies but not everyone lives. Live your life in a way that makes you happy and proud. It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers."
- Anais Nin

I love the quote :) It speaks volumes for what we have to go through every day of our lives.
Here's another one:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Dr. Seuss

Lisa Golightly
02-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Awwww... You're such a cutie... :)