PDA

View Full Version : There is hope

JocelynG
06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Hello ladies,
I just thought I would share a wonderful experience I had on Wednesday. First of all for those who don't know I am married and I told my wife about my dressing before we were married and told her I hadn't done it for some time, which wasn't totally truthful, but that I thought she should know in case I started again.She understood but was not okay with it. Well fast forward a year or so and the feeling came back once again so I told her about it.She was uncomfortable about the situation and didn't know how to react. Well fast forward a little bit further and one day she was going to place something in my dresser which had my only slip at the time.Well I panicked and told her not to look in there because I had something for her in there. My conscious was eating at me so that same day I told her about the slip and that I was dressing again.She was okay with it until she realized I also had a wig and she asked if I wore makeup too.Well that was a crisis in our marriage.Slowly she started to become acceptable to it after I explained that I was still her husband and had no desire to change sex. She started feeling comfortable looking at photos of me dressed but couldn't handle seeing me dressed.

Eventually she suggested a girls slumber party and even suggested a fashion show kind of thing. Well she chickened out with the fashion show but she went ahead with the slumber party only if I wore regular women's PJ's not a teddy,or nightgown etc. Well we had our slumber party and painted each others toenails and that was it. Then one day the whole roof caved in

I was supposed to have a girls day out with a friend of mine and I thought my wife would be working.Well that day she was called off and she said she would be okay with staying in the room while I got dressed for my outing. Well a couple of hours passed and she was gettting impatient and eventually got really upset to the point that I called my friend and cancelled our outing.After doing so she gave me a huge letter stating how she hated my dressing and hated the fact that she let my female persona to come alive and needed something different. For the first time in my marriage I was really scared. I told her I was done with dressing for a while and boxed (not threw away thank goodness) all my clothes,accessories etc away from our closet and my drawers. Well I started dressing again and told her about it and said she doen't have to accept it and I will just do it privately again when she's not home. Well one day I got home from work and she asked me why I dress and I expalined that it is a part of who I am and relaxes me.Well out of the blue she says that she needs to accept this part of who I am and support me any way she can.I was shocked by this statement and she suggested that we go jewelry shopping together. And then she said we should buy lingerie for each other and wear them. I thought this was too good to be true.

So Wednesday we went to the mall and went to JCPenney and bought each other some lingerie.Then we went to a jewelry shop called Claires and another called Icing and she picked out some cute hair accesories for me and I found several pairs of cute earrings and my wife liked them too.After I got off work we took each others bag containing the lingerie and went into seperate rooms to try it on. She got me this really cute cream peach short nightgown.We came out of the rooms about the same time and looked at each other She liked it on me and also liked the fact that I was wearing panties too.She wants to get me some necklaces now and go shopping more with me Now we are going to take the next step and I am going to dress for her.She still isn't okay just yet with makeup and my wig but who knows what the future holds.There is hope after all

JoAnnDallas
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Grads... I'm happy for you and here's hoping it will get better and better.

Sharon
06-17-2005, 01:13 PM
That's wonderful Joyce Diane. It almost always pays to be honest and patient with our SO's regarding our crossdressing.
Good luck on further adventures. :)

Ariel_TV
06-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I am very happy for you :) .

Well out of the blue she says that she needs to accept this part of who I am and support me any way she can.

This statement alone shows that she truly care about you. I wish you and her years and years of happiness :)

*hugs*

Tristen Cox
06-17-2005, 08:01 PM
It does take alot of time to make a big adjustment. I am glad this is working for you, better than before. Baby steps...

Then big long leaps ;)

CharleneCD
06-17-2005, 08:17 PM
She is willing to try. That shows how much she loves you. I am sooo happy for you.

StephanieCD
06-17-2005, 08:41 PM
What a great story :) Been through the ups and downs myself - it can be wrenching! Ever ask her what made her decide to try so much harder than before? Was there a "moment"?

JocelynG
06-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the comments ladies.Stephanie she told me that she had been thinking about the situation and realized that this was a part of who I am and she can't change that and doesn't want to and accepts this part of my life and loves me for who I am

Holly
06-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Joyce, that's just about the best news I've heard in some time! You and your wife sound like you have a deep love for one another. Congratulations to both of you.

CharleneCD
06-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh Joyce, I feel true love in the air. I know my wife Bunny sometimes would rather have only Ed in her life, but she has told me the about the same thing your wife did. True love will always win out.

Rachel Morley
06-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Joycediane,

Wonderful news! I guess its all about balance. If cding can be seen as a non-threatening activity and also a person adds some balance into the equation....by that I mean that sometimes you dress androgynously or unisex around your wife (so that your cding doesn't seem obsessive) then I feel that a person has a workable solution.

Anyway, I know how you feel.......it's a great to be accepted by your SO.

Best wishes
Angel

ronna
06-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Nothing like a little Icing on the "cake"

JocelynG
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh Joyce, I feel true love in the air. I know my wife Bunny sometimes would rather have only Ed in her life, but she has told me the about the same thing your wife did. True love will always win out.

That is so true Charlene. My wife and I truely love and cherish one another. And I have an update ladies. Today I made more history and dressed for the first time in front of my wife. I started with my panties,the same ones I wore with my nighgown the other night. I had some hip and butt pads in the panties to accentuate my figure.My wife didn't like the hip pads but liked my butt pads. She was already giving advice and it was great.Next I put on my bra and breast forms and said I had the right size of breasts for my figure. I then put on my beige pantyhose,royal blue blouse,and my black silk dress pants.She liked my look. I put on my new earrings and my navy blue mid heel pumps.I sat next to her and said "See I'm still your husband".She then laughed as I crossed my leg over the other very feminine like. I told her that I have a matching skirt for the blouse and she said go try it on. I did and she liked it again.She then said that she would even be okay with the wig and makeup and told me to try on the wig.So here I am typing this all dressed including my wig with my wife siting next to me.Tomorrow I will be all dressed and made up for her so she can see the whole me. I am such a happy woman right now.This has made my dreams come true :)

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I would say you got your Father's Day gift a day early.

JocelynG
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
I sure did Joann.This is the best gift I could ever get in my life

Holly
06-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Happy Joyce Day!

rachel-u-sissy
06-18-2005, 02:41 PM
so happy for you,i am lucky to have a wife who encourages my dressing i feel so bad when i read in here about wifes who dont accept their husbands need

Trinity_cat
06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi Joyce,
It is always good to read good news, and your's was great.

You have a wonderful wife. No I don't know your wife, LOL, but I see that she has done more for you than you could ever repay (keep on trying anyhoo).

I wish you both happiness for the future. x

CharleneCD
06-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok Joyce, first wonderful step taken. Just continue to take it slow and let her adjust. You do have one big advantage in that you have a very nice look. If your wife dresses half as well as you do, shopping together should be great.

JocelynG
07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
I figured I might as well update this thread. My wife has been wonderful. She has been helping me with my look and I can say that I like what I am seeing. She is helping me choose makeup that looks better on me.She is helping me choose clothes that compliment me She had me try on all the clothes I had and I ended up throwing out a bunch of stuff that didn't fit my age or didn't compliment me as good.She aIso has given me a kind of makeover to see what kind of makeup looks good on me.It is so wonderful to have such a supportive wife like this who is helping me blossom into the woman I see inside of me. I have attached a photo.You tell me.Do you think my wife is helping? :)

DonnaT
07-16-2005, 04:38 PM
That's great Joyce. :clap:

I'm not going to sit here and tell you whether she's helping or not. That's your decision.

Just having an SO willing to try is more than enough for most. Congratulations on having such a wife.

Jenny Beth
07-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Glad to hear everything is working out, there is light at the end of the tunnel if two people are determined to make their relationship work. Your wife is certainly special and you are heading for a new found friendship. Congrats!

JocelynG
07-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Well from the lack of responses I guess there aparently really isn't much of a diference in your eyes :( Oh well, it only really matters what my wife and I think anyways and not liking my look doesn't make me like anyone here less.I'm just a little disappointed. Thanks for the kind remarks Donna and Jenny. If anyone wants to give contructive criticism or just say hi you can e-mail me at joycediane@hotmail.com

Tamara Croft
07-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Hiya Joyce :hugs:

I've just been on your website and I can honestly say I didn't recognise you here. But looking at your pictures on there..... I just sat and thought... ahhh... that's who Joyce is :D So.... yes, I must say from the pictures on your website to the new pictures you have posted, your wife is helping you. The hair is much better and the softer colour clothes suit you. I would try hanging out the blouse and maybe wearing a belt with it :)

JocelynG
07-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Thank you Tamara.That is what Ava was telling me as well. :) I will try that and post some more pics. I also will continue to post pics as I progress.It makes me feel better to hear from my fellow sisters that my wife is actually helping my look.

JocelynG
07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh I almost forgot. I got home from work last night and my wife asked me if I saw what was on my nightstand beside our bed. I looked and there was a single rose with some smaller white flowers in a vase. She got me a rose! I have never really gotten flowers before She is the greatest.I love her with all my heart

Stephenie
07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
I like your blouse and wish I had one like it. Might look for one today but, as of now it would not help at home with the wife.

JocelynG
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Thank you Stephenie. I enjoy the blouse as well I got the blouse from E-bay.It is from the Jacklyn Smith Collection.

uknowhoo
07-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Joyce Diane, I just read this thread for the first time... it almost took my breath away. I just wanted to say good for you, and your wife. What you described really is a dream come true for so many of us here on the forum (and beyond). It seems like you do realize and appreciate the gift she is giving you. I hope you can think of a way you can reciprocate with a very special gift for her (or have already done so). All the best, Tammi

emmicd
07-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Joyce,

I am happy you are starting to share more with your wife about your dressing and I feel that honesty is always best. It is really special that your wife is really trying to understand your need to dress and I give her a lot of credit! You are very fortunate to have a loving and supportive wife!

Don't take it for granted and treat her out to a nice restaurant and movie or show. She deserves it!

Emmi

JocelynG
09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
It is the most wonderful thing to have such a supportive wife. She took some pictures yesterday that I have posted in the pictures section She has taken my image to a whole new level. I don't take her for granted because I see where other people are with their spouses and SO's and their dressing and not all of them are as supportive or supportive at all. I thank the Lord everyday for giving me someone like my wife in my life everyday. I just felt that I needed to share that.Huggs :)

Emily Ann Brown
09-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Cool girl !!! You ARE very blessed and don't you forget it.

Emily Ann

RebeccaLynne
09-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi Joycediane, as a new member exploring the site I happened upon your original post and subsequent threads today. I found it incredibly inspiring that the process you've both been through has reaped such a bountiful harvest. Not only are you a classy woman, but your wife shares the title, as well! Congratulations to you both, and sincere wishes for your continued happiness. Love, RebeccaLynne.

Tristen Cox
09-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Nice new avatar Joyce :thumbsup: