PDA

View Full Version : Paying uber attention to the details?

Karren H
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Or was that attention to the uber details? Well anyway... I was walking through the sesond floor atrium this afternoon and passed a coworker I've talked about before... Manly man who's called me a girl on accassion but were good friends... So as we exchanged pleasentries the sound of unseen high heels on slate tile from the floor below permiates the air... He says "ahhhhh the sound of high heels".... Yeah....... I replied..... but what are they attached to? Huh? Well from her gait I'd say she's wearing slacks.... And there's no additional sound of nylons brushing against a skirt or dress... As I put my cupped hand up to my good ear.... He looked at me and then over the railing as the woman inquestion appeared wearing a pair of black slacks... "Damn, you really pay attention to the details don't you?".

Yeah!! Its a gift and a curse!!

And we both started to laugh...

I didn't want to tell him that I could probably tell him the brand, stype, and shade of the nylons and where they are on sale!! Hahaha. Attention to details set you apart everyone else?

Teri Jean
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I think the thing that I find as a curse is the sizing of clothes. Sometimes a female coworker will wear something I find attractive and as the conversation shifts I find it hard not to ask where she got it and if it comes in a size 18, because the size 12 or 14 she's wearing looks good on her. They find it hard to believe a guy can judge sizes so easily. Same things with shoes and when they complain about not finding a particular size I can recommend a store that carries what they are looking for. Maybe it was the 35 years of marriage and raising two girls that give me an advantage. Giggles Keli

Phyliss
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I guess to top it off, if you had put your ear to the floor you could have told him the size shoe she was wearing.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Well I pay attention if it is a Feminine sound - if its a manly man sound, who cares

JoAnne Wheeler

MichelleP
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I was volunteering at an event last month where I was giving out jackets to participants. The jackets were in male and female sizes. My co-volunteers looked at me in surprise that I could guess womens sizes so well.

For 1200 participants I had several males (roughly two dozen) specifically request a female jacket - and they wore them throughout the event. Hmmm

txrobinm
02-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm a musician- my life is in the aural details!

When I was a bank manager, we weren't robbed, thanks to our Eternal Vigilance, I think. We did have the occasional fraud passed at the inexperienced tellers, but never a robbery.

Katrina
02-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Karren, have you ever seen the movie "Dune" or read the book?

"Those sounds could be imitated!"

S. Lisa Smith
02-10-2009, 07:18 AM
You do have super powers Kar Ren...

Tashee
02-10-2009, 07:47 AM
sounds like a columbo episode. but true.

Very cool story Mz Detective:)

carolinebrookes
02-10-2009, 08:00 AM
sounds like a columbo episode. but true.

Very cool story Mz Detective:)

The difference is that Karren is too sophisticated looking to be seen wearing a dirty mac! :D

Sammy777
02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I guess to top it off, if you had put your ear to the floor you could have told him the size shoe she was wearing.

If she did put her ear to the flor she probably could have told him the size, heel height, toe, her height & weight, how many hours she was wearing the heels, how old the heels were & lastly were to get them on sale, lol.

Although for us mere mortals, lol, you always have to watch for the sneaky cowboy boot wearing guy. They do sound alike, trust me, lol.

StaceyJane
02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Remember "with great power comes great responsibility".

Angie G
02-10-2009, 10:22 AM
:worship::worship::worship::worship:Your good Karren.:hugs:
Angie

Emily Ann Brown
02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I asked a coworker once if her eyeliner was tatoo on, or was she that good at a thin line. She stare at me for weeks after that. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Em

Stephanie-L
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Ah, The Force is strong with this one........

marny
02-14-2009, 04:18 AM
u funny! Happy Valentines karen. Lotsa Love, Marny

BeckiB
02-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Lets go shopping Tonto...I hear sales in progress! LOL