PDA

View Full Version : When the Pink Fog lifts

ErikaLeigh
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Well I have been living in the Pink Fog for almost 4 years now, its been a great ride, and I have spent thousands of dollars on Erika, but the last few weeks or so I have been in no mood to entertain my femme side. By no means am I going to do a crazy thing like purge (got too much invested in clothes, shoes, makeup, and God only knows what else), I just think I will take at least a summer vacation from the "Fog". Who knows how long it will last, but for now its just break time. :) I will continue to visit this site on my usual regular basis, and probably go to the tri-ess meeting in drab for the first time.

Anyone else taking a break, or that has taken a break in the past? How long?

:hugs: Erika

NaomiLynn
02-10-2009, 02:12 AM
well at the meetings, you can honestly say that you're just not yourself, that day - seriously, we all have gone through these occaisions, at least, theyll eventually pass.

kathtx
02-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Hi Erika,

Enjoy your vacation!

We've all been there. Sometimes other parts of life just take priority; work gets busy, a family member gets sick, or maybe you just get absorbed in something else for a while. But sometimes it's something like depression, so let me just ask: is everything OK?

I'm "on vacation" myself right now. Having had premature twins :) just over a month ago, my wife and I are on "vacation" from *everything* except baby care and teaching our classes. They were due in March so we had lots of big plans for January and February; little did we know they would show up in late December:eek:. But they're worth it :)

Kath

Karren H
02-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Getting in touch with you mascaline side? I've taken vacations... Anywhere from 2 months to 10 years. (Caused by my medical condition)... And there's nothing wrong with that... I'm on a forced vacation since I haven't dressed since early December... But it really isn't bothering..... Nope not at all.... Not bothering one F#*ing bit!!! :D

Bring back some souvineres from your vacation.. Perferably ffrom Victoria Secrets!!

carolinebrookes
02-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I usually have this vacation in the summer time, when the heat can make wearing a wig and makeup an unpleasant experience.
It's not forced upon me but merely how I tend to feel.

Last year I went about 3 months without the urge to dress.

I don't know what triggered it but one day I suddenly felt that I need to be my alter ego for a while and "bang", I was back to my old self again.

ErikaLeigh
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Kath, Everything is fine, no depression, just vacationing. :)

Karen, I guess its getting in touch with my masculine side, I have hairy legs for the first time in over 4 years, it feels weird. :D And as always its fun reading your replies. Victorias Secret main is they dont have much for plus size girls, so I will bring back souvenirs from woman within instead. :D :D

Caroline, I know what its like to be dressed to the 9s in the summer, not that easy in the Phoenix area when its 110 plus outside, but ive done it. :daydreaming:

Kate Simmons
02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Good for you. The person who we are is the important thing, how we choose to dress being the least of it. In any case, how we dress does not determine who we are, it's only "window dressing" really.:)

Paula Siemen
02-10-2009, 08:34 AM
We should all go by the Motto, "To thine own self be true."

I guess this covers just about all of our delemas.

sometimes_miss
02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Anyone else taking a break, or that has taken a break in the past? How long?

My desire to CD varies; sometimes I feel like I have to do it every spare second, other times I can go weeks without the desire to do it. I've always guessed it just varies for all of us. While I was in stable relationships, I sometimes went for years without needing to CD. YMMV.

ErikaLeigh
02-10-2009, 04:43 PM
One of the things im looking forward to is actually the end of vacation, the things I remember enjoying the most after a long break is having freshly shaved body and getting dressed to the 9s. It almost become routine when you do it on a regular basis. Dont get me wrong I love the routine :D but it will be nice to get back to "normal" after a little vacation. :)

Karren H
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey I just figured out what's wrong!! Obviously your sufferin from PsMS... Post Super-bowl Massacre Syndrome!! I hear kurt Warner has it bad!! :D.

I'll send you one of my cute fuzzy terrible towels!! Lol

charlie
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Hello Erika!
I have taken breaks of 6 months, and 12 years before. Just when you think that crossdressing is out of your life for good.....that old pink fog hits again like a freight train!

Tina B.
02-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Hey it's just clothes, right? That is right isn't it? I mean if you don't feel in the mood, whats the point? I have lost the mood for up tp 5 yrs at a time, but then I have gone for long periods where I wear something everyday, both are good, if you are happy with what you are doing.

Tina

Julie513
02-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I have been on a little vacation myself for about six weeks. Things got so busy around the holidays and the first part of the year that I really didn't have a good block of time to just be Julie. However, the end is in sight and I am looking forward to getting back to normal (that is after I drop the 10 pounds I put on since Christmas). Funny how my skirts are a little tighter these days. Gotta start getting in shape for swimsuit season.

Enjoy the vacation. See you back again soon.

Julie

RachR
02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I took a break for almost 2 years at one point. I guess right now I'm on a bit of a break as I haven't dressed since late November.

Jess_cd32
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I've dressed sporatic over the years and have taken many breaks, and presently I know I should now as well to get more work done, but for me its hard to stop. I don't want to stop. Like anything though, to much of a good thing can catch up on us now and then, and breaks from it can be a good thing.

Karren, my sympathies are with you girl, bet your BP is sky high about now:heehee:

tamarav
02-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Funny thing about that fog, you can keep you rhead above it for a long period of time, but when you bend down to pick up something it swirls into your mind again. I have been "on vacation" for as long as 10 years but I just knew I had to get back to it at some point. Not a negative nagging feeling, but a longing.

Have a pleasant time vacationing, see you when you return.

Tami

Angie G
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Some times we need A vacation. God I hope I never do. Well enjoy you time off hun.:hugs:
Angie