PDA

View Full Version : Awkward moment at doctor's office

Michelle8
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
I went to the doctor's for a checkup and she was checking my
breathing with a stethoscope when she noticed red irritation
around my breasts.She asked what it was?i made up some
story .I couldn't tell her they were from my breast forms.
Close call

TommiTN
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
She may have figured it out anyway. Are you gluing them on with some sort of adhesive?

Michelle8
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
No they weren't glued on.i probably did not Keep them as
clean as I should

carolinoakland
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh honey, one, confidentiality keeps anything you tell or say PRIVATE! And two, you should have told the DR. about what caused the irritation. And how to releive your discomfort. Just my 2 cents. Carol

StacyCD
02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Believe me--doctors really don't care! They have seen it all before!

Karren H
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
The bra strap marks were probably a dead give away!!

Doctors don't care..... Neither do nurses.. They've seen it all.. I recently changed Endocrinologists... To better monitor my medications.. And I had to tell him the whole story... about the breast growth.. And he wanted to see. Of coarse I'm completely hairless.. Doesn't take a rocket sicentist to put 2 and 2 together!!

Lorileah
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I went to my doctor with red nail polish on. Hey if you can't tell your doctor everything, then you need a new doctor. They need that info to give you the best treatment they can.

JoAnne, I tried the 2 and 2 thing....my calculator died

Denise01
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree that doctors and nurses have seen it all.

I was in the hospital a few yeas back for a procedure, and the nurse came over to shave the area where they were going to go in.

I am now fully shaved all the time.

the Nurse looked at the area, said, Oh, already shaved, good, i will not have to do it, and that was all that was said

Denise

:):):)

kay_jessica
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I went to the doctor's for a checkup and she was checking my
breathing with a stethoscope when she noticed red irritation
around my breasts.She asked what it was?i made up some
story .I couldn't tell her they were from my breast forms.
Close call

Why not she is not going to judge you or tell anyone about you.

Kay

shesadvl
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I agree that doctors and nurses have seen it all.

I was in the hospital a few yeas back for a procedure, and the nurse came over to shave the area where they were going to go in.

I am now fully shaved all the time.

the Nurse looked at the area, said, Oh, already shaved, good, i will not have to do it, and that was all that was said

Denise

:):):)

Denise that is the best way to be, I have heard even through my DR's nurse & my sisters that are nurses, its more healthier, oh btw I am a GG., hope this info helps in some way.
I know some people (women/men/guyz) are scared to do this but there are professionals out there that will do what is Known as a Brazillian laffing... yeh it works for men as well as women, they (women) do this so why not the men but then some men are a bit aprehensive, so they have a long soak in the bath and do this (shave), if you ever heard the Rodney Rude song "dear Penis"... with the line "hey Rodney, while your shaving why dont you shave my balls":devil:laffing:tongueout

In answer to Michelle dont worry doctors and nurses have seen it all, perhaps if you can get what ever you need to clean your breast forms may not cause what you have been through, when im cleaning things i use in theatre (stage etc) we use a substance we can get here called surgical meths, it also cleans earings- Hypo allergenic- and tummy rings etc. perhaps that may help in some way to prevent further embarrassment if you are worried.:battingeyelashes: or find something compatiable through your drugstore for cleaning breast forms doesnt hurt to go ask??:)

Wendy me
02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
clean as I should

yuck.................

deja true
02-10-2009, 09:01 PM
clean as I should

Honey, if they cause you to sweat underneath them with every wearing, you should wash them off after every use. Just a little mild shampoo and warm water in the sink will do it. (And it's a lot of fun, too! LOL!)

I was annoyed by the perspiration thing, too, so I made little bags out of sections of hose to hold the forms. That way there's no skin to silicone contact and the perspiration is much reduced. An added bonus is that by using different colored stockings for the little bags you can come closer to the actual shade of your own skin. (Forms are generally much lighter than our skin tone...). They look much better in see-through lingerie, too!

:)

Michelia
02-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Then one day because I was taking herbals and considering hormones, I had to finally tell him. It was no big deal.

If you tell her, you will gain her trust and know you will not lie to her.

dragdoll
02-11-2009, 12:11 AM
when i was about 18 my doctor noticed that i had shaved my chest (and legs) and asked me if was a swimmer. when i said no he asked why i was shaved. i told him it was none of his business.

trannie T
02-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Your physican needs the truth to effectively evaluate your health. If your physican asks you an embarrassing question such as marks left by breast forms tell the truth.

Mollyanne
02-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Oh honey, one, confidentiality keeps anything you tell or say PRIVATE! And two, you should have told the DR. about what caused the irritation. And how to releive your discomfort. Just my 2 cents. Carol

GOOD ADVICE!!!!!!

Mollyanne

RachelDenise
02-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Medical professionals have probably seen more than they care to relate. Your doctor would be an ally for you if you told her everything. I agree that if you can't tell your doctor, who can you tell? The information is confidential and not puiblic.

tamarav
02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I regularly get my skin checked for skin cancers since I had some on my ear and nose at one point in my life. A really cute PA was doing a skin check and saw my totally hairless upper torso, looked closely at some suspected spots and asked, "do you always keep your chest hair free?" I simply said yes and she dropped it.

Medical professionals may talk amongst themselves (yes, my Nurse Practitioner wife tells me things but not names) but they do not expose people for any reason. They are very in tune with the various proclivities of humans and have seen it before.

Michelia
02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]
Medical professionals may talk amongst themselves (yes, my Nurse Practitioner wife tells me things but not names) but they do not expose people for any reason. They are very in tune with the various proclivities of humans and have seen it before.

But there are exceptions. There is this woman at my doctor's office I would never share any of this info with. She is a big-mouth. My CDing would be all over town if she knew. I always make sure all doors are closed when she is around. She would not do it on purpose to be evil. She is just dumb and gossipy.

linnea
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I don't think that any doctor would care, except to suggest that you be more careful about keeping the forms clean and using a good quality adhesive (if you're using adhesive) in order to reduce the apparent irritation.