PDA

View Full Version : Advice on shaving my legs

chloe
07-16-2004, 05:27 AM
Have any of you out there got any good advice on leg shaving. Last time I tried was a compleat farse. Lieing in the bath, I coverd my legs in hair removal cream and waited for about 15 mins to no avail ( except the beginings of a slight itch). I couldnt leave it at that so eventualy shaved them with a razor and my shaving foam. At first it was fantastic. Sipping white wine on the sofa in a little flowery dress ( no hose) feeling my smooth legs. Then about an hr after, the most unbelivable rash engufed my beautifuly smooth pinns ,corupting them, transformaing them into a pimply ,red, painful mess.
I spread mosturiser all over them but it took about 2 weeks to recover.
Now I just wear a thick pair of tanned tights to hide my ( overly) hairy legs but I'd love feel those smooth legs without hose again. It is summer after all girls....................Thanks Chloe

maidtina
07-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Ouch! The combination of removal cream and then shaving sounds painful. I'd read the warning on the cream packet really carefully next time, even warm water isn't good.

I'd suggest sticking to one method or the other and since creams have never realy done it for me, I'd suggest the razor and shaving foam approach.

It's worth investing in a proper razor for your legs, a mans face razor has a different shape. I use a "Gillette Sensor Excel for Women", I have not found much difference between the various foams, but you should use a foam. Shave before your bath or shower but wet your legs before applying the foam. I normally then have a shower to remove the last traces of foam and apply a moisturising cream.

The first time is always the worst and takes the longest. Repeat once or twice a week and it gets quicker and easier.

Hope this helps

windycissy
07-16-2004, 07:23 AM
You'll find tips on shaving your legs on my Internet advice column, Ask Windy Cissy (http://snurl.com/askwindy) as well as an alternative to those tan tights if you can't shave but still want to have sheer lovely legs. Look for "Shaving Do's and Dont's" and "I'm Afraid to Shave My Legs" Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

angie35
07-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Have any of you out there got any good advice on leg shaving. Last time I tried was a compleat farse. Lieing in the bath, I coverd my legs in hair removal cream and waited for about 15 mins to no avail ( except the beginings of a slight itch). I couldnt leave it at that so eventualy shaved them with a razor and my shaving foam. At first it was fantastic. Sipping white wine on the sofa in a little flowery dress ( no hose) feeling my smooth legs. Then about an hr after, the most unbelivable rash engufed my beautifuly smooth pinns ,corupting them, transformaing them into a pimply ,red, painful mess.
Now I just wear a thick pair of tanned tights to hide my ( overly) hairy legs but I'd love feel those smooth legs without hose again. It is summer after all girls....................Thanks Chloe

Hi Chloe,

Have you ever tried waxing as amethod of removing hair? I use a home treatment whih is available at Boots and other chemists for about £8 or so. The kit does about three applications and is really easy to use if painful at first - but results last for at least 3 weeks. I have sensitive skin so shaving brings me out very rashy too, perhaps it is worth you having a try. I also wax my eyebrows to keep them in shape for longer.

If you can access women's magazines their beauty pages are often loaded with info us trannies can use.

Hope this is helpful,

Angie35

Priss
07-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Personally, I go for the Schick Intuition. It's a tripple bladed razor, with the shaving lubricant, built right in... It makes it fast and easy to shave legs or pits in the shower.

Tip... When you're shaving around the ankle or back by the Achille's tendon, lift your leg up and let your foot relax. That way you're less likely to nick yourself there...

ChristineRenee
07-16-2004, 03:46 PM
First of all...not a good idea to shave right after using hair removal cream. You're lucky you only got a slight itch and not a rash or bad razor burn. I have been shaving sensitive areas for many years now. Use lots of water or even baby oil as prep. Also, be sure to use a NEW triple blade razor (Sensor 3 men or women's or equivalent). As for shaving cream, I like to use a gel and have had good results with Nivea for Men Sensitive Gel. It has chamomile and vitamin e and is a good protectant. I shave 1-2 times a week and am lucky because I never have had very hairy legs at all. When you get done shaving, be sure to slather on the moisterizer. A new one I like is Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Complexion. Supposedly, according to the bottle, it evens out skin tone and improves texture. They also make an excellent hand cream as well called Healthy Hand Essentials. Both creams have Alpha Hydroxy, Vitamin E and A and have a wonderful fragrance. Try them out and I think you will really like how your skin will feel afterwards. So to review, remember...use a NEW triple blade (I NEVER shave my legs, underarms, or pubic area with a blade that has been used even once), prep, prep, prep with lots of water or a liberal coating of baby oil, use a good quality protectant foam or gel, and when you are finished...moisturize, mosturize, mosturize, with lots of body lotion.

Hope this is helpful for you. Happy shaving in the future.

Peace & Love,

Christine58V8

ChristineRenee
07-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Personally, I go for the Schick Intuition. It's a tripple bladed razor, with the shaving lubricant, built right in... It makes it fast and easy to shave legs or pits in the shower.

Tip... When you're shaving around the ankle or back by the Achille's tendon, lift your leg up and let your foot relax. That way you're less likely to nick yourself there...

Thanks Priss for the tip. When I do get a rare nick or cut, it is always in the ankle or achilles tendon area. I'm going to take your advice the next time I shave.

Thanks again hon!

Peace & Love,

Christine58V8

chloe
07-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks all of you for the advice. I cant wait to try these techniques out. I know I won't ever be using that removal cream ever again.......Bye for now Chloe

Teddie
07-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I use one of the epliator <sp> devices, that plucks the hair out. It leaves little red spots for a few hours, and then they disappear. I also use the newer Aveno moisturizer that is supposed to make the hair grow in finer, and slower. It appears to be working, but the jury is still out. I also shower using a lufa, this help keep the ingrowns down.

Teddie
07-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Forgot to mention. I do use, or should I say my wife uses, removal creams on my back. Usually works well, sometimes the hair starts regrowing quickly, sometimes not. :confused: But, here again with the Aveno cream, it appears to be growing in softer, finer, and slower. ;)

With the removal creams, don't rub it dry after a shower for a few days. It helps keep the problems down. Also, only use one method, shave, cream, plucking device, etc. at a time. Wait 24 hours to use another method, or your asking for problems.

Kelly xxx
07-18-2004, 08:44 AM

i have the same problem, this thread has helped, thanks girlzzz