PDA

View Full Version : Motels, Sign in while dressed

kimberly_f37
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi every one !!
I got a question.
I am going to Arkie in the next few weeks and I am going Dress and what to do when Don't have a driver Lic in a female name and my wife is going, BUT she Won't sign in for me while I am dressed, so what to do.?
Not be who I want be for the ride.. Be a Sad ride..

What experiance have U had when signing in..

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
1. Would you be comfortable notifying the hotel in advance? I've found that giving folks notice reduces the shock level. In most cased, companies have policies against discriminating based on gender. It also helps me knowing I'm not going to face a scene when I have a commitment from the business that they know.

2. Nike, baby. Just do it. You have a valid credit card. They want their money. (BTW, I don't think it's common to have to show a photo ID in hotels.)

3. Have your wife sign in and ask for two room keys.

Good luck.
Kathleen

Denise01
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I have signed into Motel Rooms and Campgrounds, when i have been Femme, and have never had a problem.

remember at one time or another they have seen it all.

When signing in when i am femme, i just use my first Intial, and not the full name and never have been questioned.

I did in ont park i was in have the girl on the desk ask how the relation that Denise was to my name on the CC. I explained to her that I was TS, and had not yet applied for a name change.

We had a nice discussion. A couple of days later when chatting with her, she said she was pleased i had had the talk with her, as on the TV one of the documentary channels had a programme on TG people, and that after we had chatted, she had a much better understanding.

Denise

kimberly_f37
02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
1. Would you be comfortable notifying the hotel in advance? I've found that giving folks notice reduces the shock level. In most cased, companies have policies against discriminating based on gender. It also helps me knowing I'm not going to face a scene when I have a commitment from the business that they know.

2. Nike, baby. Just do it. You have a valid credit card. They want their money. (BTW, I don't think it's common to have to show a photo ID in hotels.)

3. Have your wife sign in and ask for two room keys.

Good luck.
Kathleen

1. Well notifying the motel before hand isn't a thing I can do, because I am leaving Calif. and going to Arkie and Not knowing where to stop to sleep and yes I believe they ask for ID..

2. Don't have any Credit cards it all cash on the way... Could put the cash into my bank and use my atm but that might cost as I go..

3. Like I said, she WON'T do that.. And looks at it if I want to Look female then have to sign in.. looking Like a female is easy, But but the Voice is a dead give away.. That is hard to change.[/COLOR]

I have signed into Motel Rooms and Campgrounds, when i have been Femme, and have never had a problem.

remember at one time or another they have seen it all.

When signing in when i am femme, i just use my first Intial, and not the full name and never have been questioned.

I did in ont park i was in have the girl on the desk ask how the relation that Denise was to my name on the CC. I explained to her that I was TS, and had not yet applied for a name change.

We had a nice discussion. A couple of days later when chatting with her, she said she was pleased i had had the talk with her, as on the TV one of the documentary channels had a programme on TG people, and that after we had chatted, she had a much better understanding.

Denise

Understand they might have seen it all, I was just wondering what other have gone through and I don't want any problems even though they want my money, so there could be a first for everything..

So U got a Credit Card in ur female Name.?

Holly
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Kimberly, I have registered dressed en femme many times. If asked for a photo ID, I hand them my driver's license and say "Sorry, it's not a very good likeness." Never had a problem... even paying by credit card. Enjoy your trip.

StacyCD
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I have never checked in while dressed but once my card for my room became demagnetized and I had to go the the desk and get a replacement while dressed. Of course, I had to show my driver's license to get a new card. Once they realized I belonged in that room, I got a new card. I was treated professionally which is all that I ask.

Lorileah
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Cash is almost like credit cards. :) You don't look anything like the likeness on a 20$ bill except the hair length.

If you use a national chain (like we'll leave the light on for you) they really won't care. Green is green. You will give them your address (thus since you don't use a credit card they will want some ID) in case you go all rock star and trash the room.

Mom and Pops might care but in this economy they need the dough too. Act like you know what you are doing, don't act nervous and that would go for being in drab also.

Have fun

trannie T
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
What is there to worry about? That a commercial enterprise will not take your money?
If you wish to worry about something try one of these:

Do you think this makes my butt look big?
How is my makeup?
Is this skirt too short?
Is this skirt too long?
Does mascara contribute to global warming?

Marlena_Sparkles
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Cash is almost like credit cards. :) You don't look anything like the likeness on a 20$ bill except the hair length.

If you use a national chain (like we'll leave the light on for you) they really won't care. Green is green. You will give them your address (thus since you don't use a credit card they will want some ID) in case you go all rock star and trash the room.

Mom and Pops might care but in this economy they need the dough too. Act like you know what you are doing, don't act nervous and that would go for being in drab also.

Have fun I totally agree & would add act like you've done it before. Works like a charm for me. Also I use my cc all the time. Never had a problem yet! And if you converse with them it helps to take the edge off both you & she.

Billijo49504
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Last month I went to chain motel dressed. The guy said he needed to see my ID. So I showed him my DL and another ID. That was good enough...BJ

Jodi
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Hotels are supposed to know conclusively who their guests have been. This is a Homeland Security thing. A number of hotels have asked me for photo ID even when using a credit card. Not all do. They will specifically ask for photo ID when you pay in cash. They are required to make a photo copy of your ID and keep it on file.

Any hotel that is not asking for this is risking trouble from Homeland Security.

So--be prepared to show photo ID regardless of how you are dressed.

Jodi

Shannen
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Understand they might have seen it all, I was just wondering what other have gone through and I don't want any problems even though they want my money, so there could be a first for everything..

My experience is that I've never checked in or out while dressed. I have often visited the "front desk" while dressed, even just stopping by on my way in or out. These people have therefore seen me in both modes and I've never encountered any rudeness.

I don't know what your voice sounds like, but I wouldn't worry about it... There is so much to changing voice patterns to make it sound more feminine, that it takes a LOT of practice to get it even close. You don't have to talk "high", but you do need to use a greater range etc...

Is this a multiple day trip? Just try it! You don't have to do it the next day if it goes bad for some reason! (or you could leave home without any male items packed! then you wouldn't have a choice!) :heehee:

Whatever you do, have fun!

:hugs:

mskilmer
02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Don't worry! I have signed in many times while en femme and have never had a problem. Just tell them what name your reservation is under, and hand them your credit card. And HAVE FUN!!!

Beth785
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
It's not that big of a deal. If you can go out dressed, I bet you can check into a hotel dressed, too. I've been to the bank recently dressed and they asked for my ID. I got my ears pierced dressed and they ask for ID. I even got a second hole pierced today at the same place but a different girl. Both were very friendly. Just walk in, hold your head high, and, as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says, Don't Panic!

Stephanie-L
02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
The first time I had a chance to travel cross-country while en femme I checked into the hotel at my destination (Albuquerque, NM) at about 2 in the AM, in a blouse, skirt, wig, heels, makeup, the whole bit. I knew I didn't pass, but walked up to the desk and told them I had a reservation, used my CC, showed my DL, no problem. I was a bit concerned about the noise my heels were making on the tile floor, but other than that, I just did it. I am fairly sure the clerk read me but he was very nice and professional, even made small talk, and might have been hitting on me now that I think about it. It was a great confidence booster, I went out several places in that town and never had a problem, so just do it.............Stephanie

kimberly_f37
02-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks Girls !! I do needed a Up Lift Over this matter because I Didnt want any trouble and I know I haven't felt along, so I come to asked some question on how any of U gone through this and some Very Good Up Lift....
Yes Money is Green and we ALL Need it, now, these day, with people loosing there Jobs and all.
I will Have a GOOD TIME on my way..
Thanks

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Notifying ahead of time and clearing it then would seem to be in order - would relieve a lot of possible headaches

JoAnne Wheeler

Sue Too
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I've checked in en femme many times. The first couple of times I called to set the stage. Now I dont bother. Have a wonderful time!

Susan in Phoenix

sue ellan
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
i have check in one time while dressed and did not have any troulde. but they did not ask for a id. just used my regular credit card. had a blast.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp the closer to the end the faster it goes

kimberly_f37
02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks Girls !!
I don't nor can I say how far I am going to travel the first night and what ever Motel we hit will be our resting place.. I don't think I would have any problems reg at motel while dressed just wondering on, Have any of You regs as female..
Lots of Good inputs..

Why should I worry about the Motels for ? I am traveling in enfem and I Will Have to Stop for Gas and there I will have to pay with cash and use the Girls Bathroom.. Now that be the whole Ice breaker for the Whole trip and Motels..

I Will Have Fun Being Me in 2 weeks..

TxKimberly
02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi every one !!
I got a question.
I am going to Arkie in the next few weeks and I am going Dress and what to do when Don't have a driver Lic in a female name and my wife is going, BUT she Won't sign in for me while I am dressed, so what to do.?

I travel all over the country for my job and have literally lost count of how many times I've signed in to a hotel dressed. It is NOT a problem - they will treat you with respect. :)
It IS a free country Kimberly and you should enjoy the freedoms that so many people sacrificed themselves for. You stand up tall, you look them in the eyes, and hand them your male ID and credit card. Unless you encourage it, I can assure you THEY are not going to comment on it (though you might get a wink and smile if the clerk is female)

tricia_uktv
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, as others say its no problem. They just really want the money. I must have done it fifty times or more.

BabsCoopr
02-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi every one !!
I got a question.

Sounds like your wife is still a bit uncomfortable with some part of your dressing -- or she's afraid of possibly being caught in a fraud if she signs for you and she's caught. Either way it could be messy.

I agree with the member who suggested calling ahead and letting them know (not that I've been out that much -- sigh).

Babs Cooper

kimberly_f37
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks
But from what I see from Ur Avitar, UR A Knock Out.. Looks like it be easy for U to pass..

I travel all over the country for my job and have literally lost count of how many times I've signed in to a hotel dressed. It is NOT a problem - they will treat you with respect. :)
It IS a free country Kimberly and you should enjoy the freedoms that so many people sacrificed themselves for. You stand up tall, you look them in the eyes, and hand them your male ID and credit card. Unless you encourage it, I can assure you THEY are not going to comment on it (though you might get a wink and smile if the clerk is female)

TxKimberly
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks
But from what I see from Ur Avitar, UR A Knock Out.. Looks like it be easy for U to pass..

Bless you, but those pics are a bit deceiving. What the camera doesn't catch that you would have in person, is how heavy my makeup is to hide the beard. In person I am not quite as "flawless" as my pictures might lead you to believe. Even if I were, you still have to present your credit card and ID, so the gig is up!

Tora
02-20-2009, 10:11 PM
The photo I.D. comes up as much to verify the credit card usage as for anything else.

Nicki B
02-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Done it many times, too - it's never been the slightest problem? Just some of us make a squiggle with our left hand... ;)

The battles you need to fight ARE in your own head, with yourself?

I agree with the member who suggested calling ahead and letting them know

I'm afraid I disagree - why give them the opportunity to have preconcieved, potentially incorrect, ideas? Just present them with the reality. :)

KimberlyS
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Kimberly, do not sweat it. Just go enfemme. I use my male credit card and ID all the time while enfemme. And I have no problems. Just relax and enjoy the femme time you get.

Legs
02-21-2009, 12:06 AM
We live in a free country, (at least for now).

You do not need to ask someone for permission to be yourself, or be comfortable while traveling, just sign in like it is somethingyou do everday.

If the clerk has not had training on how to deal with an issue of this nature, and makes a remark, simply ask them if it would be ok for you to tell them how to dress.

As for the voice thing, practice makes perfect, but short of that...

Here is something I came up with when I first started and before I could change my voice.

If forced to speak, I simply started by saying, sorry if I fooled you, but I am working on my costume for the big party tomorrow, what do you think, am I a winner?

Hugggggggggggs
Samantha

kimberly_f37
02-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds like your wife is still a bit uncomfortable with some part of your dressing -- or she's afraid of possibly being caught in a fraud if she signs for you and she's caught. Either way it could be messy.

I agree with the member who suggested calling ahead and letting them know (not that I've been out that much -- sigh).

Babs Cooper

She put up with it and says it ok, but she Like the rest of the GG, I married a Man she says and Not a girl..

Fraud ? How can that Happen if she goes and pays for the Motel room with her D.L. .?

Tootsye
02-27-2009, 09:27 PM
My experience is much like Holly's. I have only been asked to produce a photo ID once or twice. I just show my Male DL, and if they say anything, I just say I was dressed a little differently that day! I have never had a problem.
Hugs,
Tootsye

Tootsye
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Actually, In Texas, it is possible to get an Identification card with your male information on it, but your femme picture. I have one and use it with no problem even flying. It is also very easy to get a credit card in your femme name! I have had two or three of them.
Both are perfectly legal. About the only place you cannot use it, is at the car rental agency. They MUST see your drivers license there!
Hugs,
Tootsye

kimberly_f37
03-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Well it going to be Fun..

Tonya-Anne
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I have not signed in dressed, but I have lost my key and had to go to the desk dressed as well as checking out dressed. So far I don't think i have gotten a second look, everyone has always been courteous and kind, even after having to see my Drivers License and know the truth. I did go to a motel with a guy once, and i was with him as he checked in, that was fun, I dont think they thought anything of it though.