PDA

View Full Version : No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

GaleWarning
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I came across this point of view, expressed by Eleanor Roosevelt.
Seems like a good one for us CDers to live by.
Any others in a similar vein, of which you are aware?

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
It's been a life long journey, but as I mature I am learning this to be true, that it's is our own fears and insecurities that makes us feel inferior, we are the one who allows it to happen. And as I said it is a lifetime journey to conquer. I am conquering that fear and insecurity as each day passes..:battingeyelashes:

Jonianne
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Wow, that is so similar to what I came up with when I was in so much depression -

"No one can make me feel bad about myself, only I can make me feel bad about myself."

When that dawned on me, the severe depression I was experiencing (for years) lifted and never returned.

Tracii G
02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Be who you are and don't let people tell you who or what you can be.

Intertwined
02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I preach this phrase, almost everyone I know has heard me say it more than once, " It Does NOT matter what others think about you! Its what you think about YOURSELF that counts! "

RachelTVG
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
“To thine own self be true…..”

Everyone, CD or not, should take this phrase to heart.

sissystephanie
02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I preach this phrase, almost everyone I know has heard me say it more than once, " It Does NOT matter what others think about you! Its what you think about YOURSELF that counts! "

Very good phrase, Intertwined! I have spoken virtually the same phrase many times! Add to that the statement, "Only worry about those things you can control! You cannot control people's thinking!"

Christie ann
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I was once told not to let anyone have the power to give you a bad day.

Nicole Erin
02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Easy to say, hard to live...

Thing is, if people are acting stupid cause they don't like you, just dismiss them as morons.

I just try to remind myself that if someone is acting like an idiot cause they don't like how I look, they probably have a problem with everything and everyone.

Kate Simmons
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
You can always turn it around like Curly from The Three Stooges did: "I'm an intelligent moron!" Nyuk, nyuk.:)

Vicky Perry
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
These are all very good :)

MissConstrued
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
What other people think of me is none of my business.

Sarah...
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes. So true. Thinking that is what allowed me to spend 5 days "en femme" in London without once feeling out of place or uncomfortable. Plus knowing who I really am I suppose.

Sarah...

Karren H
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
No one has or ever will make me feel inferior.. Permission or not!!

rickie121x
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Of course it is correct, that no one can make us feel anything - we do it ourselves. We sense an input and we react as we choose. Well, that's almost right but not completely and not all the time.

The very sad bottom line is that we, most of us, have been trained like "Pavlov dogs" to react to certain input without consideration of a correct and true response. We very simply react. And in the context of the cross-dressing part of our lives, that generally comes out as fear of loss of respect. We have been conditioned by society toward that end.

Why might you bring up this subject, "That no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." if it were not a major element and difficulty in our lives? While it is a truth, it is not very true within most of us. Most of us are not very strong in our ability to conduct our lives according to this truth. Fear, fear, fear..., of loosing things we really don't know if we are likely to lose. And shame - we have been taught to react with shame along the same lines. Isn't all of that a big ball of $tuff? And wouldn't it be a really great world if none of that $tuff were there?

Well that $tuff really is there, in us, in "them" and as much as we would like, most of us are acting appropriately to our own strengths, as well as our weaknesses - all toward the goal of maintaining our lives as nicely and as well as we are able.