PDA

View Full Version : Nice touch at work

Tracii G
02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
I got a big shocker today from the girls in the office.
On my way out they called me in the receptionist's office giggling. I thought Oh Crap! what now!
Well I walked in and they said "Happy pre-Valentines day"and handed me a vase with 3 roses one from each of them.
I was really set back to say the least but replied "Thanks girls these are really pretty I love roses".
They giggled some more and said we thought you would.
You think they figured me out?

Holly
02-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm thinkin' YES!

Alana65
02-12-2009, 11:28 PM
You betcha !............but isn't it nice anyway ? I know that I'd certainly appreciate it. :daydreaming:

beenherelongtime
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
i don't know, you said it was 3 girls giving you roses, could be their way of honoring the man in the office.

goofus
02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Hmmm...need more background info here to say one way or the other...

Tracii G
02-13-2009, 12:06 AM
I do talk to these 3 the most and always compliment them on their clothes,hair etc.
On payday if I'm off I pick up my check usually wearing girls jeans and tennies not overly femme mind you but I know they can tell.
I did coax one to buy some girls jeans for her husband for Christmas.She likes the way he looks in them and he's OK with it.
I got an email from one of them just a while ago kind of beating around the bush if I was offended by what they did.I told her heck no I love the flowers and thought it was a very sweet thing they did.I will take them some chocolates tomorrow I know they will like that.
These 3 are "off limits"either married or have BF's so no potential "date" material if thats what you mean.
Alana I'm an out side the office guy welder/truck driver and don't work in the office.
If I did I would dress femme and come out.
Have been reading the Co's handbook to see their policy on TG/gay
workers and they have a fair policy.

Persephone
02-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I think there is a good chance they've figured you out! And that they are kinda saying, "It's O.K., welcome to the group, sister!"

I assume you have work tomorrow? So it's likely they did it on Thursday to give you time to reciprocate. Give each one a sweet, not excessive, gift and a big hug!

CD Susan
02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Yes Tracii, I think they have figured you out and are cool with it. You are lucky to have such friends.

Vicky Perry
02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
That is very awesome Tracii, I would have been on cloud 9 :)

Tracii G
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
I am Vicky no doubt.
Thats why I had to tell my sisters here.
They all got big hugs before I left.

Rachel Morley
02-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Yep ... I think they've got you down as an "honorary girl" :D

Sally2005
02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
They figured out something... Who knows how accurate they are. My guess, if they were concerned about offending you, it may have been just a simple leap to a joke on the jeans. Sounds like a fun trio... watch out for next halloween, how much you want to bet they plan to help you with a costume!

goofus
02-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Yeah, it would seem they've realized you're kind of a "girly man", if you will...sounds like a nice bunch of women :)

Michelia
02-13-2009, 05:19 AM
So sweet...

KarenS
02-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Yup, they clocked you. Would love to have that acceptance in my office. But, I doubt ever...

gwen cd
02-13-2009, 06:15 AM
A 50%50.
I think the roses were the proverbial worm on the hook to catch you.
you could probhably bend it both ways.
If I was you I would slowly give in.......

Gisele
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
That was very sweet of them to do that.

Sue Too
02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
What a cute gesture. It would seem to me that you have been accepted as a member of the girls club and this was their way of announcing the vote. I'd be on cloud nine if this happened to me. Proceed slowly but enjoy the fact that they have opened the door.

Susan in Phoenix:rose2:

Chari
02-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Yes, they know about your feminine side, but they are probably waiting for you to open up and tell them more! Maybe take them out for a nice lunch and some shopping to discuss clothes, makeup, and such. Go slow, but enjoy this adventure.

Angie G
02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
That wes really sweet of them.:hugs:
Angie

Karen564
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I got a big shocker today from the girls in the office.
On my way out they called me in the receptionist's office giggling. I thought Oh Crap! what now!
Well I walked in and they said "Happy pre-Valentines day"and handed me a vase with 3 roses one from each of them.
I was really set back to say the least but replied "Thanks girls these are really pretty I love roses".
They giggled some more and said we thought you would.

That's so Sweet!!,
If they did that to me, I'd be crying, but just tears of joy.

But I might of asked them, So who got the other 9 roses? in a jokingly jealous tone..

Karen

Tracii G
02-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I took them some very nice chocolates(Godiva)today and thanked them again.
They said for a guy I seemed sensitive and careing more like a girl.
I blushed and said yeah I'm like that.
So all went well really great GG's.

Jonianne
02-14-2009, 02:40 AM
That is so neat for you Tracii,

At a company Christmas party years ago, during the gift exchange, I ended up with a bath towel / wrap skirt and one of the ladies there commented "How appropiate" in a fun way. She must have known somehow.

Teri Jean
02-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Tracii I think you are so busted but it's great to be treated as one of the girls. Candy is a great jesture and maybe a sweet card.

Keli

Billijo49504
02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
That's really sweet how it turned out...BJ

TxKimberly
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
. . . You think they figured me out?

Nah, not a chance! lol
Assuming their intent was to be kind and not cruel, I think that would choked me up a bit.

MJ
02-14-2009, 11:23 AM

yes you've been clocked :D

Ralph
02-14-2009, 02:04 PM
They figured out something... Who knows how accurate they are.

I'd lay dollars to donuts they assume you're gay. Just like the rest of the world assumes about any male showing any inward or outward signs of femininity {sigh}.

victoriamwilliams1
02-14-2009, 02:06 PM
They figured it out and are cool with it:)

Jamie001
02-14-2009, 02:23 PM
If Tracii G is married, then they couldn't make that assumption.

I'd lay dollars to donuts they assume you're gay. Just like the rest of the world assumes about any male showing any inward or outward signs of femininity {sigh}.