PDA

View Full Version : When you started?

Want to be Lisa
02-13-2009, 07:33 AM
I've been reading all of these threads about when you first dressed as a woman. I especially note it is usually in peoples introductions. Of course as I've mentioned before my first time was when I was very young and my sisters wanted to see how I looked as a girl.

One thing I noticed is that almost everyone said their first time was when they were young. Since I am always trying to analyze myself I was wondering if this has anything to do with it. If I was never introduced to it at such a young age and then found it enjoyable enough to continue through my teenage years and so on, would I have the same desires now?

Any thoughts on this?

tamarav
02-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Yes, quite a few...

All of us remember pleasant situations, and if the first dressing up time was good for you, it seems to make a very solid impression. Mine was at about age 4, and that was a long time ago. Took me this long to get it right...

beenherelongtime
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
yes, most of us started when we were young, but you will find some that have started later in life, teens, 30s to 50s.

Want to be Lisa
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
yes, most of us started when we were young, but you will find some that have started later in life, teens, 30s to 50s.

Maybe the numbers are much fewer so I don't recall them? Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

Or maybe I should just shut up and go shopping.

Joanne f
02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I would possibly say yes you would have those desires now because i am only assuming that you would have grown out of them if it was not there in the first place.

Maria2222
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I believe being a CD is an inborn part of you and it will eventually manifest itself. Why it occurs at different times for different people, I have no idea.
I started dressing very young, but if you read enough letters you'll find that people start at all ages. Even in their sixties.
I'm very glad that I was fortunate enough to be able to enjoy this gift for my whole life.

StacyCD
02-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Many CDs have memories of starting dressing while very young--certainly before they knew anything about sexuality! I guess I'm one of those as well. However, I do know of one person who eventually went through SRS who started dressing for the first time at the suggestion of his SO after several years of marriage (more than 10). The crossdressing progressed to the point where s/he realized that s/he was a transexual and with that realization and moving onto the path of HRT and surgery came the end of their marriage.

linnea
02-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I have been CDing to some degree--more now than ever before--for most of my life. I think that I was predisposed to doing it whether that was due to genes or circumstances. I have felt great satisfaction through cross dressing throughout my life.

Angie G
02-14-2009, 01:10 AM
I think you would have.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
02-14-2009, 01:31 AM
I think we (TG folks) are born with a pre-disposition for it, but it takes a trigger to initiate it all. Yes, this usually happens when we were children, but not always. If we are one of the types of people who are pre-disposed to it then when that "trigger incidence" happens, we like it and want it to happen more and more ... if a person is not pre-disposed, then they either don't like it or at least don't find it particularly stimulating. If you hadn't of been dressed up as a girl by your sisters when you were younger chances are you'd still be a crossdresser today as somewhere along the line your "exposure trigger" to all things feminine would have happened later in your life. That's my take on it all. :2c:

Want to be Lisa
02-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I think we (TG folks) are born with a pre-disposition for it, but it takes a trigger to initiate it all. Yes, this usually happens when we were children, but not always. If we are one of the types of people who are pre-disposed to it then when that "trigger incidence" happens, we like it and want it to happen more and more ... if a person is not pre-disposed, then they either don't like it or at least don't find it particularly stimulating. If you hadn't of been dressed up as a girl by your sisters when you were younger chances are you'd still be a crossdresser today as somewhere along the line your "exposure trigger" to all things feminine would have happened later in your life. That's my take on it all. :2c:

Wow, very good reply. And it makes sense. Well I guess that means I can't blame my sisters for this.

corrinediane
02-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Maybe the numbers are much fewer so I don't recall them? Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

Or maybe I should just shut up and go shopping.

Shut up and go shopping! LOL Some of us think way too much about it. It's enjoyable to all of us or we wouldn't do it. Want some company? I could use a few things! :daydreaming:

Jess_cd32
02-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow, very good reply. And it makes sense. Well I guess that means I can't blame my sisters for this.

Nope you can't blame them:sad: as was said, it would most likely have triggered eventually, I couldn't agree more with that whole post.

joann07
02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I guess I'm one of those rare girls who never dressed up a child.
My crossdressing orgin started as a fetish for women's feet and pantyhose in my tweens back in the early 80's. As I grew older, I secretly wore my mothers pantyhose whenever I'd get the opportunity. It wasn't until 2 years ago that my fetish quickly transformed me into fully crossdressing. And so here I am today, in my late 30's. I still have my fetish, but I enjoy crossdressing at the same time. I have the best of both because I get to see myself all dolled up in front of the mirror and I get to admire my own nyloned feet and toes. :)

I'm not sure how or when I developed this fetish, but I'm sure that if it never happened I probably wouldn't be on this site.

Hugs!

Teri Jean
02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I think my fasination was there for many years but really didn't bloom until later in life. That is to say when the daughters were adults and living on their own. My late wife may have had an idea but never brought it up. it has to be something we have inherited more than conditioned, so to speak. Keli

RachelTVG
02-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I never dressed until I was 10 or 11 but can remember thinking about trying it long before that, probably age 5.

O2B Barbara
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I remember at about age 6 or so where my older sister and her friend used to play dress up doll with me and parade me around the neighborhood. The extent of this lasted for several years and went quite far on the dressing scale, even to the point of tucking me & making me wear tight girdles.

I can say that even after they stopped I maintained a fetish for panties that grew with time to include all items feminine. Guess over time this has taken hold and I now embrace my dressing as a natural part of me.

StaceyJane
02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I first tried on my mom's clothes around the age of 10. I did it because I wanted to be a girl. That feeling has always been with me.

celeste88
02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
from experience in my profession, I see people daily who are in the circumstances they are in as a compound result of both who they are innately and what experiences they have had throughout life. The same could apply to crossdressing.

I think part of it is innate for me, but part is a revolt against the standards that society sets for me. I like to be able to do many things that so called manly men are unable to do, yet maintain contact with feminine feelings (it is more than clothes for me).

Pink Annie
02-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I was told I had a friend aged 6 who used to Cd. I never thought about it untill I was 8/9 when I noticed that nylon felt nice to brush against my skin. Since then I've popped in and out of womens clothes, feeling confused. I had a tradgic event last august which has made me accept my other self & want to live life through Annie, without any regrets or worries about what others think. Maybe I'll even go as far as a Gender change one day!!

CD Susan
02-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I think that this is something that we are born with and have no ability to suppress it. This desire manifests itself at different times in our lives and I have no explanation why this is so. For me it started at the age of 5 and is still with me 55 years later. I feel fortunate to have been blessed with this desire my entire life.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
That is precisely why I contend that we are BORN to be crossdressers !

JoAnne Wheeler

Jilmac
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't think being young has much bearing on when our desire to dress overtook us. I know several people who didn't start dressing until they were well into adulthood. I was introduced to girls clothes at the tender age of 7, but there are those among us who didn't start until their teens or later and became enamored with the very first article of feminine finery they wore.

Speaking for myself, the first time I felt the smoothness of panties against my skin, I knew that any male clothes I wore were only there to cover my body.