PDA

View Full Version : Out and about at night.

Julie York
06-18-2005, 05:16 AM
I've noticed a few posts by people who have dared to go out dressed late at night. And I understand the reasoning and so on, but it strikes me as bloody dangerous.

Think about it. Would a GG be wandering the streets ALONE after midnight, taking the most secluded path? No....she wouldn't be that stupid.

If you do bump into someone....just who are you going to bump into at that time of night?

If you were passed and read by a couple of guys during the day then you might get comments.

If you were passed and read by a couple of guys with a several pints of lager in them....late at night....The chances are you'd be in big trouble.

What do you think?

It just strikes me as ASKING for trouble.

Amelie
06-18-2005, 06:38 AM
You are right Julie, there is a danger of going out at night, especially when walking alone. I think it might have to do with a danger factor that some CDs have. Sort of like the CDs that try to get themselves outed, but then escape from being spotted. Going out at night is a similar thrill, but at a more dangerous level. Similar to this would be a CD finding a strange man and going off with this stranger to his place, the CD knows this to be wrong but the thrill overtakes their brains.
I have lived most of my life with this danger, growing up in the Bronx, just going to the grocer was dangerous. Then hanging out with the scum of Times Square, and now, sometimes walking at night in Baltimore. There is this thought of danger that can be kinda exciting, sort of like S&M. One can enjoy S&M but there is always the thought that it can go too far.
Also there might be a suicide factor, there might be TS's who can not cope, and are to cowardly to take their own life, so they hope by going out at night in dangerous areas, someone will do the deed for them.
I am not talking for all TG's, these are just some thoughts of my own.
Amelie

Jenny Beth
06-18-2005, 09:09 AM
You are right of course Julie, being out late at night is no place for a lady and especially a transgendered one. But for many of us that's where we started, under the cover of darkness. We've reached a point where we can't handle the four walls anymore and are willing to take the risks. Where one goes is a huge factor, for me it was just for walks on quiet residential streets and that soon led to the desire to go shopping and restaurants enfemme. Unfortunately the sort of places that are safe to go are generally in the gay areas of most cities and that's where people who would like to do harm cruise looking for someone to harass. We can minimize the danger by being with someone else, take taxis and always be aware of your surroundings. For sure the daytime is much easier, the sort of people who might do harm are not likely to make trouble. There will always be a risk but I refuse to let that get in the way when I feel the need to go out dressed.

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I agree with the other ladies, but I too started going out at night. Nightime is comfy, it's dark, less people around, even if someone see you, they see less details, so we pass better. Yes, it's more dangerous. Since I am staying with my older sister, I told myself, if I get the urge to go outside, I would have to do it in the daylight, since she is home at night. The more I thought about it, the more I relised that it might work. Most people are at work, those that are at home don't sit at a window all the time. So one day I got the courage up enough to take a walk outside in the daylight. After a while it got easier, even when cars would drive by. I have even been seen from a distance, but from a distance, gender is how the person is dressed, because you can not seen details. Since I was dressed as a women, I look like a women from a distance.

Jen_TGCD
06-19-2005, 12:09 AM
I wanted to bring this thread back to the top because I think it's important!

Obviously... it is not a wise thing to do. Most women would NEVER go out, after dark, alone!!! Period! Even when I'm in my car, dressed, at night... I feel very vulnerable. A flat tire... an accident... out of gas... pulled over by the police... sobriety checks... etc.

Most women, that are out, are probably "working girls" or "professionals" and the police are VERY aware of that.

Even in your quiet suburban neighborhoods... clicking down the sidewalk in 5 inch heels and a mini skirt, at two in the morning, is not being subtle. Your neighbors poodle is probably yapping it's head off everytime you walk by... waking up the whole house!

Having said all that... I do understand the desire to get out but try to find more creative ways to fulfill your need to experience the freedom of being dressed and not confined to your home.

My first suggestion is to get your look together and find a Transgendered Group in your area. It is amazingly gratifying to see... and be seen.

Really work on finding a friend to dress with... at least two girls out at night is better than one.

And the big one... DRESS DOWN... if you must take that walk!

Oh! And when you are out driving around dressed, day or night, make sure that you have your male clothes and shoes with you ... just in case. I also take a wet wash cloth and some baby wipes to clean off the makeup, if I have to.

Have fun... but don't be dense about it!!! :D

Sweet Jeanette
06-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Good God!!---All of you are "So Right"!!!---I have done very stupid and dangerous things, like what all of you describe!---Your right!---The Thrill of it, and being caught, is a big one!---I have not only gone out at night, for walks, but I have gone out NAKED, with nothing on except my heeled sandals, and my pretty red-painted toes on!---No, I do not have a death wish, but the rush was almost "Unbearable"!---It was soooo good!---I think that some of us "want" to be caught, and molested, or maybe even beaten, and then used!---I hate to say this, but I have had those kind of thoughts, as I walked, at night. There are no street lights, where I live,---so it is tempting, to do this!---I know that I am taking a BIG chance doing this, but the urge is overpowering, to do it!---I am sure others like us have the same feelings!---It is not,(I think) a suicidal urge, but ------(I hate to say this),----a Lust urge!---The hot warmth of the night, against the bare body, with no lighting on the streets, combined with the thrill of being caught, is almost Unbearable!--------Who knows. After I finish this post, I may decide to take another "Tour around the block"!----I feel like it, ---now!-------Lets hear some comments please?

MonaSmith
06-19-2005, 07:29 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from Julie, and you are right that few women would venture out alone at night, but that is the point, we aren't women. Even dressed in my girliest clothes I still have the strength and abilities of a moderately fit and, thanks to lots of denial early in my life, reasonably well trained martial artist. Doesn't make me safe I know, but it puts me in a slightly different category to most GGs walking about at night. There are an awful lot of us who are ex-military too.

I think that if you are careful where you go, and take the kind of precautions that every sensible person takes when out, alone, at night you should be okay. I'm not going to go swanning down the main clubbing area of Croydon, at chucking out time, on a Saturday night, as even dressed as a boy that is asking for trouble.

We all have to weigh up the risk Vs the gains in any situation, it is a decision that can only be made by the individual at the time, just be prepared to kick off your heels and sprint like a man if necessary :)

Mona x.

Wendy me
06-19-2005, 02:38 PM
a outting eather late at night or during the day needs to be planed as to be safe know your target arear be safe and carefull above all ...alone or in a groupe plan ahead allways think safty...........

Wenda
06-19-2005, 07:01 PM
--I have not only gone out at night, for walks, but I have gone out NAKED, with nothing on except my heeled sandals, and my pretty red-painted toes on!---No, I do not have a death wish, but the rush was almost "Unbearable"!---It was soooo good! I feel like it, ---now!-------Lets hear some comments please?
OK Lust, you have me beat, hands down! My only time out naked is in my dreams, and it is not comfy. The key to going out in the daytime is to not overdress. Look around. How many other girls are wearing 5" heel thigh-highs and a leather mini-skirt? I bought several pairs of 'sensible' shoes, just so that I could be out at the mall, in my girl jeans, wearing my breastforms, just not being noticeable. wenda.

JoannaDees
06-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Good God!!---All of you are "So Right"!!!---I have done very stupid and dangerous things, like what all of you describe!---Your right!---The Thrill of it, and being caught, is a big one!---I have not only gone out at night, for walks, but I have gone out NAKED, with nothing on except my heeled sandals, and my pretty red-painted toes on!---No, I do not have a death wish, but the rush was almost "Unbearable"!---It was soooo good!---I think that some of us "want" to be caught, and molested, or maybe even beaten, and then used!---I hate to say this, but I have had those kind of thoughts, as I walked, at night. There are no street lights, where I live,---so it is tempting, to do this!---I know that I am taking a BIG chance doing this, but the urge is overpowering, to do it!---I am sure others like us have the same feelings!---It is not,(I think) a suicidal urge, but ------(I hate to say this),----a Lust urge!---The hot warmth of the night, against the bare body, with no lighting on the streets, combined with the thrill of being caught, is almost Unbearable!--------Who knows. After I finish this post, I may decide to take another "Tour around the block"!----I feel like it, ---now!-------Lets hear some comments please?

WHOA! Ha ha. You know, if you are stopped in a dress by the police not much they can do. But caught naked ... probably be put on the Sex Offenders list ... for life. Be careful HotLustWalking .... ohhhhhhhhhh, now I get the name. :D

Daniel
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM
I have not only gone out at night, for walks, but I have gone out NAKED, with nothing on except my heeled sandals, and my pretty red-painted toes on!---No, I do not have a death wish, but the rush was almost "Unbearable"!---It was soooo good!---

You beat me out! I have gone out at night in lingerie, but certainly not naked except for high heels!! I, at the very least, want to be legal. And I don't even wear heels because I want to be able to run like the wind to get away from a car's headlights if I have to. It's nice to know that someone is even ****tier than I am. And I'm pretty sure now that you're not the only one, as I've thought about it.

OK. I understand that going out alone at night, in the darkest areas I can find, in ****ty to indecent to no clothing, can incite an attack from a rapist saying "Ah, close enough." That's the main danger. I also consider heels a form of bondage - if it takes any significant time to get them off, they make it harder to keep your balance and run. And they make noise.

But personally, I weigh that against the danger of being seen during the day. I'm neck-down, so during the day I can be read from a half-mile away!! And if I am read, it's all over - just as bad as getting raped if not worse!!! I also weigh the probability of a rape(about one in a million if I stay in my own, familiar neighborhood, and about one in 100,000 if I go into neighboring neighborhoods) versus the probability of being seen during the day(about 9 in 10.)

Now if I had a good wig and wore more decent clothing, it might be different. I might be able to ride a bicycle during the day as long as I maintain a minimum speed of 15 miles per hour. Moving targets are harder to hit, read and rape.

Perhaps, indeed, I at least want to come moderately close to getting spotted at night. I certainly don't want to actually get spotted!!!

Julie York
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
This thread wasn't intended as a DARE or "I can top that!" thread. If you are stupid enough to risk your marriage, job and life by going out dressed as a tart in the red light district (etc) then good luck to you. Whatever floats your boat.

I do like the Tranny on a bike idea though.

"Woooosh!......WTF was that! Was that a woman?! Did you see that? What was that?"

Or even better would be a Tranny slap-by.

You dress up outragiously, stockings, mini skirt, get on a bicycle...then cycle really fast and slap a redneck on the head as you pass...at high speed shouting "Hello cheeky!"

Could catch on.

Natalie x
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I've done that, minus the high heels. Night time in our suburb, under the street lamps and all. Boad daylight, walked out to my car naked then drove across town, oh wow. Local nature reserve, I walked from one side to the other naked. Once I cleaned the car on my front drive naked. It's exiting and dangerous and I don't know what I would do if caught, but sometimes I just can't resist.

Melissa A.
06-20-2005, 06:39 PM
I do feel safer going out durring the day, but I rarely get out of the car. Walking around at night does not have to be about such extremes, though. Instead of 2 AM, how about 10 PM? It's dark then, too. Instead of a miniskirt and 4" heels, what about a sensible, yet feminine outfit? Instead of some desolate place, or area where drunks hang, how about a couple of blocks off of a shopping distirct, or a safer area of town? I guess that part depends on where you live. The city I live in is unusually safe for a town of 25,000. Heck, my keys are almost always in my car, and my door is never locked at night. I usually walk the residential streets just off the downtown area. And you do see women out, walking their dogs, or whatever. Maybe not at 2-3 AM, but a little earlier. I guess it is about using common sense. And if it doesn't feel right, go home. I have done that, too.

I have never been into the "thrill" thing, at least from doing something dangerous. The thrill comes from being percieved as a woman.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Daniel
06-20-2005, 07:44 PM
I do feel safer going out durring the day, but I rarely get out of the car. Walking around at night does not have to be about such extremes, though. Instead of 2 AM, how about 10 PM? It's dark then, too. Instead of a miniskirt and 4" heels, what about a sensible, yet feminine outfit? Instead of some desolate place, or area where drunks hang, how about a couple of blocks off of a shopping distirct, or a safer area of town? I guess that part depends on where you live. The city I live in is unusually safe for a town of 25,000. Heck, my keys are almost always in my car, and my door is never locked at night. I usually walk the residential streets just off the downtown area. And you do see women out, walking their dogs, or whatever. Maybe not at 2-3 AM, but a little earlier. I guess it is about using common sense. And if it doesn't feel right, go home. I have done that, too.

I have never been into the "thrill" thing, at least from doing something dangerous. The thrill comes from being percieved as a woman.

Hugs,

Read what I put in bold. That's exactly why I DON'T want to go out at 10:00 PM!!! Since I'm dressed like a tart, any ordinary person seeing me could be almost as deadly as getting raped. Even if you pass!! And pedestrians' eyes, unlike car drivers', are used to the dark so they can spot you - likely before you spot them!! (Car drivers' eyes are used to the HEADLIGHTS.)

I guess it also depends on the neighborhood. The more teenagers live there, the higher the risk of rape.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting you do the same. Since you want to be perceived as a woman - and a dressed-down one at that - 10:00 PM - or even 9:00 PM - is the right time for you.

So I would say that if you want to dress like a tart, your main goal should be to minimize the chance of anyone seeing you AT ALL. There is inherent danger in that sort of activity. But since passing won't give you any protection in this situation, wait until most of the cars - and ALL of the pedestrians - are gone.

Akyra
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
i luv goin out at night........

feels great to just kick off yur heels an.....oopsie

wrong section..........

Ashley in Virginia
06-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Read what I put in bold. That's exactly why I DON'T want to go out at 10:00 PM!!! Since I'm dressed like a tart, any ordinary person seeing me could be almost as deadly as getting raped. Even if you pass!! And pedestrians' eyes, unlike car drivers', are used to the dark so they can spot you - likely before you spot them!! (Car drivers' eyes are used to the HEADLIGHTS.)

I guess it also depends on the neighborhood. The more teenagers live there, the higher the risk of rape.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting you do the same. Since you want to be perceived as a woman - and a dressed-down one at that - 10:00 PM - or even 9:00 PM - is the right time for you.

So I would say that if you want to dress like a tart, your main goal should be to minimize the chance of anyone seeing you AT ALL. There is inherent danger in that sort of activity. But since passing won't give you any protection in this situation, wait until most of the cars - and ALL of the pedestrians - are gone.

So why go out at all if all you want to do is run around half-neked? You can do that SAFELY at home.

I haven't been out yet, and while I am not "passable" per say, I want to go and not be noticed. Hopefully I can fit in quietly and no one will say a word.

I do understand the reasoning behind going out at night to try and avoid people. But most sane, normal, and safe people are in bed at 2 AM. and the ones you do find out and about are generally not out for a good reason.

Biggest thing is PLEASE be safe. We don't need one of our members becoming another statistic.

Jen_TGCD
06-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Biggest thing is PLEASE be safe. We don't need one of our members becoming another statistic.

Well said, Ashley ! ! ! :clap:

Melissa A.
06-21-2005, 03:38 AM
Read what I said. I suggested NOT dressing like a tart.

Hugs,

Tristen Cox
06-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Read what I said. I suggested NOT dressing like a tart.

Hugs,

I have to agree with you, you will get the reaction based on how you are dressed. If anyone tried to dress like a tart(****, etc) You would get one of two responses.

A) Picked up by someone on drugs who would likely not take NO for an answer, and cause serious injury to you for trying to say no.

B) Picked up by the police, since anyone out after eleven is subject to being questioned, driving or not(especially not)

Be careful

Daniel
06-21-2005, 04:17 PM
I go outside for the same reason everyone else does: to get fresh air and not be confined by the Four Walls.

Apparently everyone is still assuming that I will get spotted. They don't seem to fully understand that the goal is to avoid being seen!!! I am willing to take this risk - but I'm only 20, so maybe I'll outgrow it.

And... it doesn't have to be 2:00 AM. 11:30 or midnight is probably OK. It's just that at 9:00 PM, there are a lot of cars - and pedestrians.

I also don't even wear heels, no matter how I'm going. I am fully prepared to sprint like a man if necessary.

At least I could, if I must use the dark areas, not pass too close by good hiding places for rapists - like bushes.

Maybe, no matter when or how I go out, I should ride a bicycle and maintain that minimum speed of 15 mph!

Just looking for ways to cut down the risk of rape while allowing myself the fresh air.

Idea! I don't necessarily have to go out on the streets!! My folks have a good five acres of property, and since my bike is a mountain bike I can ride it on our own property!! This should be far safer than dark public streets, where all the rapists hide. But I'm ALWAYS prepared to Sprint Like A Man if I see someone. The one thing I want is to not be confined by the Four Walls.

Another idea: Take a drive. Make sure the car doors are locked tight. Drive safely, and OBEY SPEED LIMITS. Even if you normally don't. Because getting stopped by the police while in drag in any manner, is FAR WORSE than the perhaps $1,000 it would cost you for the ticket and the car insurance hike.

One last thing: While going out half-naked certainly jacks up risk of rape or mugging, NOBODY DESERVES TO BE RAPED, MUGGED OR KILLED. In fact, GG's shouldn't have to find people to protect them at night either!!

pattysue
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
The last time I went out dressed was the Holloween of 03. And at that time me and the kids went door to door trick or treating on a bunch of different blocks around the house and then me and the wife were off to a party. That was a great feeling to get out and about. At that time my wife didn't know about my CD'ing.

But, last night I was dress ****ty (I preffer to think of it as more of a nice party girl look) hehe.. So, anyways I had fishnets stockings on, Ankle strap sandles, leather mini, and a long sleve top with silver glitter and of course, my jewlery, and a long red wig.

Everyone had gone to sleep. And I was kind of wanting to do something. So, it just happened my oldest son was off to camp. Which meant that I could open the garage and sneak out without anyone hearing the door. His room is above the garage.

I was only going to be gone for a half hour max. So much for that a hour and a half went by before I got home. I drove all around and went out to a area were I figured no one would be. I was right. And went for a walk. It was great to get out of my wifes truck and walk a round. And yes I took my wifes truck, I figured if someone saw my truck they would know who it was (my wife doesn't want to drive my truck).

The one problem that I almost had was a deer that ran across the road. That could have been a mess. I did take my cell phone with me just in case. It's not just people that can be a problem.

I can't wait for my son to go to camp again already. I'll most likely do it again.

Sweet Jeanette
06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I see now, that a lot of us, like to do, what I like to do.---I did not mean to intimate, that this is a good, or healthy thing to do!---You can get your butt in a sling, in more ways than one, if you are prone to do this!---I do it for the Freedom!---I like the feel of the night air on my bare skin, and the freedom of the whole experience! I get a lustful feeling in me when I do this, and Its unbelieveable!-But this is just me!-I do NOT suggest this for anyone to do, ---unless you know how to take care of yourself!!!---I do. Rapists, or any of this kind of Guff, do not worry me at all!---Police do not worry me either.---I can defend myself in ways, that you would not Believe!---And Most of them are fatal, to the other party.---This is why I feel that I can take advantage of the dark of the night, and the Freedom it offers me.---What would Really worry me, is a stupid Pit Bull that chases me down an alley!!!!---Dumb things like that might happen, you know.---I was brought up, and lived, all my life, with drug dealers, perverts, and other sleazy scum. I am used to it. Some of us were not born "Rich", or, in a good neighborhood, you know! And I learned things, in places that I will not mention, and can deal with this kind of low-life, with NO PROBLEM! ----I enjoy what I do, but I in NO WAY, recommend it for others. I do NOT wear high heels, but sandals, in my walks. I will show a pic. I wear what you see in the pic, and ABSOLUTELY nothing else!---Only my sandals, and my pretty, red painted toes!---Thats it!------Very enjoyable! :D ---Here:

bikebuster77
06-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I have to agree with you, you will get the reaction based on how you are dressed. If anyone tried to dress like a tart(****, etc) You would get one of two responses.

A) Picked up by someone on drugs who would likely not take NO for an answer, and cause serious injury to you for trying to say no.

B) Picked up by the police, since anyone out after eleven is subject to being questioned, driving or not(especially not)

Be careful

Tristen...Well said....I think that it's bad to be out at night, and its especially bad in my neck of the woods, and they would pick you up and take you right to jail. In NV, it's called the Vagrancy Law.

Be Careful Everyone.

Sarah

lorna2cute
06-21-2005, 10:24 PM
It just strikes me as ASKING for trouble.

You make some excellent points in your post, Julie. This is exactly why every woman out there (whether genuine or transgendered) needs to be smart when she heads out at night.

1- Try to AVOID going out alone.

2- Try to avoid areas or places that you are NOT familiar with.

3- Avoid "dark" or "secluded" areas like the plague. (I know that most of us don't keep guns in our purses! LOL ) :D